Dark Souls Cafe Opens Its Doors In Tokyo

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Dark Souls Cafe Opens Its Doors In Tokyo

Excited for the launch of Dark Souls 2 in March? Chow down on some Dark Souls-themed meals while you wait.

A Dark Souls-themed cafe has just opened its doors in Tokyo, Japan, serving a number of meals and drinks based on From Software's action RPG, including Estus (beer), roasted mushroom people (sautéed king oyster mushroom) and ring of stone (onion rings).

The cafe is a result of a collaboration between From Software and Tokyo's typically Australian-themed Oz Cafe. Yes, this unfortunately does mean that the Oz Cafe has disappeared for the time being. Check out some images of the cafe below, featuring wait-staff in Dark Souls cosplay, and the various pieces of Dark Souls paraphernalia in the cafe:

[gallery=2010]

The cafe's opening night party had 80 attendees chosen from over 1,000 applicants, and showed some exclusive promotional videos for the upcoming Dark Souls 2.

If you'd like to know more about the cafe, you can check out its Japanese langauge website [http://www.darksouls.jp/pc/darksoulscafe/].

Dark Souls 2 is due out on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC on March 11, 2014.

Source & Images: Polygon [http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/784/784375/#eid784401]

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Someone bring me a pint o Estus. Seriously though, that looks freaking awesome. Why does Japan get all of the cool stuff?

valkeminator

404Th Ravens. No.04
Nov 19, 2009
A little late aren't we? That being said though i initially thought the estus was apple juice or something like that :p

recurve6

Jan 8, 2011
I really like the look of the menus; they capture the in-game menus perfectly. I only hope that someone orders a meal in a chest and it eats them with big, sharp teeth.

TheSYLOH

Feb 5, 2010
Still despite the Australia Theme disappearing, it still depicts an area about as deadly as Australia.

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
Why is there no praising of the sun in these pictures? Also if there isn't graffiti everywhere in a few months telling me of amazing chest ahead, I will be disappoint.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Do you have to order without a menu, and have a chance of accidentally ordering poison?

That seems the only way to fully embrace the 'Whats this about...OHSHITOHSHITOHSHIT' gameplay of Dark Souls.

Infernal Lawyer

Jan 28, 2013
Oh, I thought it was going to be another one of those "Lol us people in China don't care about your American copyrights" things. I was pleasantly surprised when I actually read the article, especially when I remembered that Tokyo is actually in Japan. I need some sleep...

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Not that it isn't a fun idea, but it really just looks like a regular restaurant, but with Dark Souls stuff (which looks like they just bought from a store) on the walls.

Maybe I was expecting a bit more... authenticity?

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
Unless eating and drinking the stuff they serve you there kills you:

0/10filthycasuals2hardcore4u.

It's nice that there are themed restaurants, but I don't get the purpose of them, the games are hardly renowned for their food, and I'm pretty sure that the foodstuffs of Dark Souls would require a hardy digestion system.

So the food is just regular food with a different name, in which case what is the point?

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Ring of stone? I'll assume that's Havel the Rock's ring. Yes. I'll eat them.

thisbymaster

Sep 10, 2008
I was really expecting a 12 course meal where one of the courses has a poison and the other an antidote. So you must eat everything all the time.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Hopefully the menu is totally opaque as in it just says "Burger" and then you have to go to another page of the menu to find out what's actually on the burger.

I kid, I kid. I'd actually totally go there if it didn't involve a trip around the world.