Dark Souls DLC Petition for Consoles

Valdus

Apr 7, 2011
A while back Dark Souls was released for consoles. PC gamers wanted the chance to play, so they sent a petition and now Dark Souls is being made for PC. They announced it would use GFWL and the PC gamers hated it. Another petition was sent and now they're finding alternatives.

From Software (the markers of Dark Souls) and obvious a very consumer friendly and reasonable company. But there's one thing I haven't seen at all on this forum. I saw countless threads about their being a PC port and GFWL, but nothing about the new content coming for the PC version. They have still said nothing about giving the console players access to the new content (even though many have said they would happily pay to have it as DLC).

So someone has made another petition for it. This petition isn't for the PC crowd this time though, it's for the benifit of the console players. This is a petition to make the new content available to the console crowd. It doesn't have to be free, it just has to be available in some way. If you agree with this I urge you to sign - as said before From Software are pretty reasonable, if we show that we want it on console enough they're bound to make it.

https://www.change.org/petitions/dark-souls-dlc-petition#

Dec 14, 2009
Have the devs even announced that the DLC won't be on consoles?

I don't see the point of a petition until it's a sure thing that we're not already getting it.

Valdus

Apr 7, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
Have the devs even announced that the DLC won't be on consoles?

I don't see the point of a petition until it's a sure thing that we're not already getting it.
I could have said the same about the PC version. One of the reasons the PC petition got off the ground is because one of the Dev's specifically said the PC version was a possibility. The same could have been said about GFWL. Neither of these were neccessery for people to play and enjoy the game but they signed them anyway - so what's wrong with one to make sure the console fans don't lose?

The difference I see is that I wouldn't have assumed there would be a PC version, but the dev's implied there could be.

For the extra content on consoles it's the other way around - everyone assumes it's definately happening but the dev's keep saying "not sure" (and yes, one dev actually said in an interview that they weren't sure about the extra content for consoles as well).

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
Will the new PC content even work on consoles?

I read somewhere that some of the 'new' bosses in the PC version were originally planed for the console version, but had to be removed because they contained too many polygons for the consoles to render properly.

Gorilla Gunk

May 21, 2011
Note how when PC gamers want something the whole Internet rallies behind them and expect console gamers to support them as well.

And when its console gamers that want something, all those PC gamers who asked for our support are suddenly nowhere to be found.

Aug 20, 2011
Jamash said:

I read somewhere that some of the 'new' bosses in the PC version were originally planed for the console version, but had to be removed because they contained too many polygons for the consoles to render properly.
lol, what? when you read that, did you realize it made no sense?

I'm not too concerned. I'm sure From and Namco will bring the expansion to the consoles. Why would they not? It would be like throwing money away.

fireaura08

Apr 10, 2012
Jamash said:

Really? I heard that they had just ran out of time (see the Bed of Chaos).

Gorilla Gunk

May 21, 2011
TizzytheTormentor said:
Good lord, will people never shut up about this game, was it stated the DLC won't be coming to consoles?
They've only announced it for the PC version and when asked about the console version they basically said "We're not going to comment on the console version."

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
Can we take one victory at a time? I don't think petitioning From Software to death would do much, especially after they were already petitioned twice.

Gorilla Gunk

May 21, 2011
V8 Ninja said:
Can we take one victory at a time? I don't think petitioning From Software to death would do much, especially after they were already petitioned twice.
PC players opened the floodgates so to speak.

And I do think we, the console gamers who made the first two games successes, have a right to know if we are going to get screwed over.

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
Oh let the PC folks have something.

They never get anything from Japan outside the doujin circles.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
TizzytheTormentor said:
Gorilla Gunk said:
TizzytheTormentor said:
Good lord, will people never shut up about this game, was it stated the DLC won't be coming to consoles?
They've only announced it for the PC version and when asked about the console version they basically said "We're not going to comment on the console version."
I see, this company has a habit of annoying everyone, PC gamers getting a GFWL port of Dark Souls and not giving DLC to the crowd (console players) that made the game a complete success. I don't see how hard it would be to bring DLC to consoles and PC, extra money for extra work, not like it wouldn't sell...
And that's the point, they're guarenteed sales, current Dark Souls players want new content, so not giving it to them is just stupid. It was console players who made Demons Souls a success in the first place that allowed Dark Souls to spawn.

Gorilla Gunk

May 21, 2011
LilithSlave said:
Oh let the PC folks have something.
So PC gamers deserve free exclusive content because they signed a petition and the gamers that made the Souls games a success get nothing? That makes absolutely no fucking since.

"Let the PC folks have something"? They have better graphics and mods and a million more exclusives that console people will never play. I think they have enough.

Gorilla Gunk

May 21, 2011
DigitalAtlas said:
Yeah, no. I'll just get the PC version. Thanks.
This is exactly what I was talking about.

Before it was all "Sign our petition! We need your help!"

Now it's "lol nope we got what we wanted you're on your own lol"

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
It'll be a serious fuck up for From if they don't. DS is loved so much, they would almost certainly make a profit on the development/distribution costs of the DLC.