Dark Souls for PC: Petition

JochemDude

Nov 23, 2010
[HEADING=1]Do you want to play Dark Souls on PC?[/HEADING]
Ofcourse you do, well tell NAMCO Bandai yourself, through this petition.
http://petitionbureau.org/DarkSoulsForPC
There are well over 6000 7000 8000 9000 10.000 11.000 12.000 13.000 14.000 15.000 16.000 17.000 18.000 19.000 20.000 21.000 22.000 23.000 24.000 25.000 26.000 27.000 [HEADING=1]28.000[/HEADING]signatures set and I'm sure the Escapist can add to this.

I'm too lazy awesome to write down 10 pages of motivation of why they should bring Dark Souls to PC, so most reasoning can be found in the video below.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
God, TB does know how to make himself a **** sometimes.
But whatever, I'll sign it. Always nice to get a great game out there a bit more.

JochemDude

Nov 23, 2010
hazabaza1 said:
But whatever, I'll sign it. Always nice to get a great game out there a bit more.
He's a giant a little PC elitist like all the time sometimes, but he does have some very good points.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
JochemDude said:
hazabaza1 said:
He's a giant PC elitist like all the time, but he does have some very good points.
I agree. But seriously, what the fuck was that "I'd like to see it be on PC where it can truly be appreciated!" shit? Over 1.5 million copies sold in under a month! That's a fucking lot of copies, y'know?

JochemDude

Nov 23, 2010
hazabaza1 said:
JochemDude said:
hazabaza1 said:
He's a giant PC elitist like all the time, but he does have some very good points.
I agree. But seriously, what the fuck was that "I'd like to see it be on PC where it can truly be appreciated!" shit? Over 1.5 million copies sold in under a month! That's a fucking lot of copies, y'know?
Indeed, but that's just the fanboy in him screaming over his 'logic' xD

JochemDude

Nov 23, 2010
Dexter111 said:
JochemDude said:
hazabaza1 said:
He's a giant a little PC elitist like all the time sometimes, but he does have some very good points.
Tell me one thing he said that is factually wrong and why...
Tell me where I said that something TB said was factually wrong?

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Back on topic: funnily enough I thought this would suit well on pc. Especially with all the slowdown I'm getting playing on Xbox.

Although I'm not really that impressed with the game. It'd only be worth being on the PC if they went the extra mile and made the controls more responsive.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
This actually sounds pretty cool, but unfortunately, I can't sign the petition as I don't live in a country where zip codes have five numbers.

JochemDude

Nov 23, 2010
leet_x1337 said:
This actually sounds pretty cool, but unfortunately, I can't sign the petition as I don't live in a country where zip codes have five numbers.
Can't you also do it through your Facebook account?
Me neither, mine has 4 numbers and 2 symbols.

Fishyash

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2010
hazabaza1 said:
JochemDude said:
hazabaza1 said:
Although he seems to prefer playing games on the PC whenever possible, he is using the video to make the idea as attractive as possible. I'm pretty sure if I was in his shoes I would be saying things like that to make other people interested in my proposal. I don't see a single thing negative in that video whatsoever.
leet_x1337 said:
I didn't sign in through facebook, so I used my UK postal code anywas. It has 7 characters, some letters some numbers. I don't see why you shouldn't be able to do yours as well.

Meight08

*Insert Funny Title*
Feb 16, 2011
JochemDude said:
[HEADING=1]Do you want to play Dark Souls on PC?[/HEADING]
Ofcourse you do, well tell NAMCO Bandai yourself, through this petition.
http://petitionbureau.org/DarkSoulsForPC
There are well over 6000 7000 8000 signatures set and I'm sure the Escapist can add to this.

I'm too lazy awesome to write down 10 pages of motivation of why they should bring Dark Souls to PC, so most reasoning can be found in the video below.

there is a thread on the namco bandai forums about this with many admins responding
http://forums.namcobandaigames.eu/showthread.php?t=96407
can you maybe edit you post to say that people who want to should report this to their favourite website like rock paper shotgun?

JochemDude

Nov 23, 2010
rolfwesselius said:
there is a thread on the namco bandai forums about this with many admins responding
http://forums.namcobandaigames.eu/showthread.php?t=96407
can you maybe edit you post to say that people who want to should report this to their favourite website like rock paper shotgun?
Really I thought they closed that one after like 9000 new members with 1 post came running in?

And it's already on Rock Paper Shotgun
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/01/06/the-quest-for-dark-souls-on-pc/

Meight08

*Insert Funny Title*
Feb 16, 2011
Gorilla Gunk said:
After watching that video, I really hope Namco never releases the game on PC.
umm why the fuck not is it because you think pc gamers do not deserve it?

JochemDude

Nov 23, 2010
Gorilla Gunk said:
After watching that video, I really hope Namco never releases the game on PC.
Really based off a video? But anyway what's wrong with his arguments, since I assume you'd judge motivations and not the identity of the random YT commentator that made it.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
I'd probably play it if it ever came to the PC, I've always been fond of tough atmospheric adventures.

And I like TB, it's nice to have a fairly well known gaming commentator with a history and tastes for gaming more akin to my own, aka a primarily PC gamer growing up. It's really hard for me as an example to agree with people like MovieBoB whenever he dips his toes into gaming just because he's clearly had such a different experience with gaming than I have.

Petitions don't generally do much, but on the other hand there's no harm in it either. Signed.

Gorilla Gunk

May 21, 2011
Any decent argument he made was nullified by his "Only PC gamers can truly appreciate a game like this" argument. What a twat.

You know, there are a lot of games that are PC-exclusive that I want to play. Like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. for instance. But it'll never get a console port (Even though GDC said they were going to way back in '07) so if I want to play it I need to save up $500-800 and build a computer that can run it.

You want to play Dark Souls? The swallow your "pride" and go buy a $200 console like the rest of us.

Valdus

Apr 7, 2011
Why do you want it on PC? So we can hear the PC fanboys complain about more "console ports"? If you spend large amounts of money on a comp built for gaming you're just going to have to accept that not every game is going to be available. The console fans accept this (hell they have to considering how many games are PC exclusive) so why can the PC fans suck it up and do the same?