Dark Souls for PC: Petition

Still Life

Sep 22, 2010
Res Plus said:
Nah, plenty of proper RPGs on the PC, no need to play that console hack and slash nonsense.
The more you know....

Vhite said:
All games should be available for all possible systems.
That's a nice sentiment. Fortunately, a good chunk of the biggest releases are multiplatform.

Hobonicus

Feb 12, 2010
Kheapathic said:
Hobonicus said:
Feel free to point out where he said that. You are literally putting words in his mouth, do you understand that? And I'm not even saying this as an argumentative point, I'm saying you factually just said something incorrect. I hope you don't enter any sort of debate without first realizing the mistake you've made here, because it's a pretty bad mistake and worth noting.
Paraphrased at the 2:48 mark.

"These are the kind of people in my opinion, that will actually appreciate a title like Dark Souls."

He also does it again at the close of the video; at the 9:39 mark.

"I'm just sick of really cool hardcore games like Monster Hunter and like Dark Souls not finding their way to the PC platform where they'll actually be appreciated in the western market... come and think about that."

Because all the people who bought Demon's Souls that actually got the game to Greatest Hits status and then bought Dark Souls obviously don't appreciate it. A lot of his following comments about what the PC crowd like also apply to other people, something he doesn't seem to understand. What makes me laugh is he says From Software is keen on supplying a great challenge, I bet he can't even name other titles from them.
Thanks for the specifics, but I do think you may have missed the point in those areas.

Firstly, it is subtle, but emphasis makes a huge difference here. He says it would "actually be appreciated", with emphasis on "appreciated", not "actually". That means he's not stressing that it wasn't appreciated by console users, only that it would be appreciated by PC users.

Second, the word "actually" doesn't immediately imply that this isn't true in every other case. "Actually" refers to a split between two opposing ideas, where idea A has it and idea B doesn't. You've arbitrarily chosen that the opposing ideas are appreciation by console vs PC users when the real opposing ideas are simply appreciation vs non-appreciation in a PC environment. This issue honestly doesn't even involve console users at all, but whenever someone says "PC" a dozen others jump up and scream "elitist!"

For the reasons given, PC users would actually appreciate Dark Souls, as opposed to not appreciating it (NOT "as opposed to console users"). PC users' background and general preferences in games have zero bearing on console users, yet many in this thread have decided that this is suddenly a contest, even when no challenge was voiced in his video.

This is purely him explaining why PC users would buy Dark Souls. Period. It in no way involved or even implied consoles or their user's personalities and/or social worth. So stop getting so damn defensive against beneficial and wholly good causes because of some ridiculous and often ironic prejudice. A prejudice so strong that it caused you to blindly overlook his point in favor of this new trendy hate model.

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
Alrighty lets take a look at peoples responses....

Oh good lord really guys? One slightly inflammatory sentence and suddenly TBs a ****?
Im sure he wouldn't have said it like that if he knew you were all going to throw such a ridiculous tantrum about it, if you are that insecure about your passtime then maybe you should grow up a bit y/n?

Mugen said:
hahah i think its great that the elitist pc crowd miss out on awesome games like this.

Dark Souls is my personal game of the year.

i own a PC, and an Xbox, but i dont feel the need to tell anyone and everyone why one is superior than the other.

get off your high horse and buy a console :)
Yeah pc elitist are doochbags I agree, Despite what I said above pc gamers have this stupid tendency to go on forums and tell everybody how much better their choice of entertainment is and as somebody who also owns both I can see consoles are cost effective. Having said that.....

"i think its great that the elitist pc crowd miss out on awesome games like this."

The delicious irony is the very sentiment you place in this statement is exactly how the PC elite think. Not all PC gamers are Elitists and not all console gamers are rampant COD fans who call eachother fags, its a stupid mindset that people feel they need to force their way of life on other people and purge anything different with fire. You have more in common with "The enemy" than you think.

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
totally heterosexual said:
I will say no just so that the arrogant pc player cunts have a little less something to brag about.
Woah buddy you feeling a little insecure? You need everybody to tell you your having a good time when you settle down for the evening games?
Anyway its good to see you haven't let them elites get to you.

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
Mr Companion said:
I will say no just so that the arrogant pc player cunts have a little less something to brag about.
Woah buddy you feeling a little insecure? You need everybody to tell you your having a good time when you settle down for the evening games?
Anyway its good to see you haven't let them elites get to you.
Nah i just find pc elitists the single most annoying form of a human being in the world next to nazis and rebublicans.

I was not that serious btw. I actually signed becuse imo all games should be for all systems.
Well, maybe some games are best quarantined :D
But I agree a game as great as Dark/Demons Souls should be experienced by as many people as possible, its practically art! Hell ill buy it again if the port isn't lazybollocks.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Hobonicus said:
hazabaza1 said:
JochemDude said:
hazabaza1 said:
God, TB does know how to make himself a **** sometimes.
But whatever, I'll sign it. Always nice to get a great game out there a bit more.
He's a giant PC elitist like all the time, but he does have some very good points.
I agree. But seriously, what the fuck was that "I'd like to see it be on PC where it can truly be appreciated!" shit? Over 1.5 million copies sold in under a month! That's a fucking lot of copies, y'know?
I like how saying PC users would appreciate the game for perfectly valid and maturely presented reasons immediately makes him some sort of fanboy elitist ****. These days saying anything remotely positive about a PC automaticaly makes you an asshole, and the people who call you a **** despite no offense being given are considered the good guys. Classy.
Sorry, let me take a few steps back and explain.
I'm not really a fan of elitist attitudes, especially in gaming, it just seems a bit silly. As someone who plays on consoles and PC, I can sort of see where both arguments are coming from, and the way he phrased some of his points seemed rather insulting to console players. I won't deny superior hardware or whatever, but saying "I'd like it to come to PC so it can be truly appreciated" or whatever just seems a bit cuntish.
Hope that's at least cleared a bit up.

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
Its funny how something positive like "Hey guys lets give as many people as possible the opportunity to experience a great game" turns into a flame war because a single line in a half hour long video may or may not have insinuated a group of people don't appreciate a certain type of game enough. The internet: where understanding comes to die.

In the red trunks we have the insecure console gamers complaining about swarms of pc elitists who for the life of me I can't find on this forum! Its like watching an army assaulting an empty field!

And in the blue trunks we have team Firefighter dousing the flamewar with reasoned arguments and empathizing looks at both sides of the argument!

LETS GET READY TO RUMBLLLLLE!

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
i really wish you children would grow up. this isnt a debate of whether pc or consoles are better. it seems like a majority of the console, non-pc gamers didnt even pay attention to his points and just have this view of "i hate pc gamers and if they want something then i want to make sure they cant have it!" its childish. what do you lose by the game coming to pc? nothing. the game could look better and run better on a pc because it would be working with newer hardware, and mods could breath more life into the game. aside from the fact that you hate pc gaming or pc gamers and want something to hold over their head, what reason do you have for opposing this idea so much? i have both a ps3 and a pc. i played dark souls on the ps3 and unless the modding community is awesome, would probably not buy it again just to play it on pc. however, i see no problem with a pc port, if done right. i dont know about the rest of you, but i love the souls series and i want it to continue for a long time. seems to me that the best way to make that happen would be for it to reach as many gamers as possible, regardless of platform

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6iPwRYiEvY&feature=g-u&context=G265c452FUAAAAAAABAA

EpicNameBro did a video about why the game should and shouldnt come to pc

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
Dango said:
Angry Juju said:
Dango said:
[HEADING=1]Do you want to play Dark Souls on PC?[/HEADING]
No. Just no.

You do not know the amount of no that's going through my mind.

Just. No.
Please state a reason as to why? all the information i gain from your post is (purely educated guess on your thoughts right now) 'I DON'T WANT THE PC ELITISTS TO THROW SOMETHING ELSE AT MY FACE!'.
And you'd be right. I'm both a console and PC gamer, but I absolutely can't stand PC elitists, and I can't imagine wanting to play this with any of them.
That's quite funny because i met way more anti-"pc-assholes"-assholes, than i met actuall pc-assholes.

Skin

Dec 28, 2011
00slash00 said:
the game could look better and run better on a pc because it would be working with newer hardware, and mods could breath more life into the game. aside from the fact that you hate pc gaming or pc gamers and want something to hold over their head, what reason do you have for opposing this idea so much? i have both a ps3 and a pc. i played dark souls on the ps3 and unless the modding community is awesome, would probably not buy it again just to play it on pc. however, i see no problem with a pc port, if done right. i dont know about the rest of you, but i love the souls series and i want it to continue for a long time. seems to me that the best way to make that happen would be for it to reach as many gamers as possible, regardless of platform
1. Who cares if it looks better? Are we still doing that? Still talking about graphics? Really?

2. Mods? This is not Skyrim bro. People need to get this idea out of their heads that every single game needs to be modded. Dark Souls is a game in which the developers made a decision to take away a shitload of control from the player and make them face the wrath of developmental decisions - whether good or horrendously bad. This is one aspect that drives the game.

I have no problem with people who want to mod their game; go ahead and mod the shit out of Dark Souls, but don't use it as an argument when debating whether it should come to PC. Dark Souls is working as intended.

3. Persistent online play is a rather big part of the game and adds in a huge factor. Unless your doing some sort of challenge, your going to want to play online. This cannot be done with mods, and then imagine the hacking that could take place. The Xbox has already had some trouble with hackers - throwing this on PC with peer to peer connection is going to be a nightmare.

4. This game was designed to be played with a gamepad. If it comes to PC, the developers HAVE to make a MnK transition, despite how horrible it will be. You cannot make a PC game and have an exclaimer "requires 360 controller".

5. The hate on PC fanboys in not unwarranted. How many times to consolers see the "shitty console port" as if the master race has to be exclusively catered to. So you paid a couple grand so you could have slightly better graphics and be able to switch to RedTube at will, but don't make demands for developers. You guys are always one up on console gamers, but we would never know it with all the bitching from the PC master race.

You know what happens when a console gamer asks for a PC exclusive to be ported to consoles? PC nerds tell him to buy a PC. Why is there such a double standard now?

6. All that said, I am not against a PC port, but it is not going to happen. BN already stated that these were rumors and looking at their track record on maintaining DS, nope, it just won't happen. Lets hope the next Souls game can be played by everyone.

Apr 25, 2009
Yes please! I've been wanting to play these games for ages, but I dont have the money for a PS3. They look really damn cool. I've been lacking some drear, demons and desolation for a while now.

Kajt

Feb 20, 2009
I will gladly shell out 500 SEK for a PC copy even though I already have it on PS3. Just so that I can engage in JOLLY COOPERATION [http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lt9tjrgETZ1qi9qvfo1_500.png] with my buddies.

Claptrap

Nov 18, 2009
I agree with the idea, But all i hear is him spouting "PC MASTER RACE CONSOLES ARE TERRIBLE"