Dark Souls II Dev May Reconsider "No DLC" Policy

Genixma

Sep 22, 2009
dmonkoff said:
Well, if the future DLC will be like Artorias of the Abyss I'm in.
This except, I'd like the DLC to be a much larger area.

The AoTA DLC felt small and compact for everything that was happening I'd of loved a bigger area. I mean you leap in automatically get the Guardian, then run through the guardians and suddenly, before you know it, you get a peak at Kalameet and you run into Artorias. Then you get pounced on by quite a few pvpers if not then by Marvelous Chester. Then suddenly you're running through a few more monsters and suddenly you hit Manus. If you go looking for the key you'll fight Kalameet. But it really felt rushed from start to finished.

In Short: AotA felt like "Welcome to the DLC, here's a boss. Here's another boss. Like that boss? Another! Oh look a key fight another boss! Alright we're done here. Hope you enjoyed it." rather than taking it's time like I felt when going through Undead Burg and Anor Londo and many other of the areas. So a larger area would be nice.

Riotguards

Feb 1, 2013
to be honest i really liked the additional content the DLC brought, the added story element was also very interesting even if manus is stupidly dangerous

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Don't mind the concept. Dark Souls did DLC right, adding actual content with it. And I believe even his previous statement had some caveat inside, along the lines of "not impossible, if it makes sense". His contempt is for the useless DLC planned from the start, like the day one bullshit everyone's pulling these days.

Infernal Lawyer

Jan 28, 2013
It depends on how they treat. DLC only has a bad name because a lot of companies are only too happy to abuse it by overcharging for essentially nothing or chopping pieces off of the original game to say "LOOK! IT'S EXTRA!". From the reputation these guys have, I think it's safe to say that if they decide to add DLC, they won't abuse it.

WWmelb

Sep 7, 2011
Bke said:
Well I'm mistaken it seems. However I distinctly recall the download was tiny, like in the kilobyte kinda size. Mayhaps it was in one of the other updates
If you bought the game later on in the cycle, or on pc, the "Prepare to Die" edition, it came with the DLC on disk. It certainly wasn't on the original releases disks.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Provided it's as well-developed and interwoven as Artorias of the Abyss, then I'm fine with it.