Dark Souls is going to have the greatest boss ever

Argtee

Oct 31, 2009
Burst6 said:
Argtee said:
Stall said:
The two maneaters riding into battle on the back of the flamelurker.
Don't even say that. It might come true!

To this day, I haven't been able to defeat those maneaters...
Dammit!
Really? I just run in and cast firestorm a few times. If you get lucky and you have decent magic 2 firestorms can kill 1 maneater.

Flamelurker though.. ugh. If you're on your first playthrough, if you want to get firestorm you have to beat flamelurker first. Maneaters have nothing on this guy.

OT: Did anyone see that molten spidery monster with a girl on it? I'm curious about that one.
Really? I thought that the Flamelurker was much easier than the Maneaters, but that's just me.

One Maneater I could handle, but when I saw the second one appear, I was like...
"What is this?

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--"

Burst6

Mar 16, 2009
Argtee said:
Really? I thought that the Flamelurker was much easier than the Maneaters, but that's just me.

One Maneater I could handle, but when I saw the second one appear, I was like...
"What is this?

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--"
Maneaters attacks are really easy to see coming. Flamelurker explodes all over the place and i die pretty fast.

First time i fought him i died like 6 times. With Maneater i only died once because i dodge rolled off of the tower.

Also firestorm is awesome for everything. Every large boss is easy (except the fiery ones of course). You can take out the first two bosses in world 5 with 1 firestorm.

Shinigami Fire

Oct 5, 2010
LookingGlass said:
Shinigami Fire said:
Blore said:
Shinigami Fire said:
Blore said:
I'd like to see two giant wolfs with giant swords fighting eachother.
*cough*happenedinOkami*cough*

This looks good, but really isn't original.
I think I might have to play Okami for that reason.
Doooo itttt. Such a good game. Really didn't get the credit it deserved. Best 45 hour 15 dollar buy you can get. But do the PS2 version, it's better than on Wii.
Really? Okami gives the wolves or whatever they are swords? I haven't seen it in any screenshots.

I don't have a PS2 but I might have to consider getting the Wii version.
You have three different kinds of weapons. Reflectors (shield), beads (whip), and swords held exactly like that screen. One of the bosses and characters in the storyline is a wolf who uses a sword just like Amaterasu's.

LookingGlass

Jul 6, 2011
Shinigami Fire said:
LookingGlass said:
Shinigami Fire said:
Blore said:
Shinigami Fire said:
Blore said:
I'd like to see two giant wolfs with giant swords fighting eachother.
*cough*happenedinOkami*cough*

This looks good, but really isn't original.
I think I might have to play Okami for that reason.
Doooo itttt. Such a good game. Really didn't get the credit it deserved. Best 45 hour 15 dollar buy you can get. But do the PS2 version, it's better than on Wii.
Really? Okami gives the wolves or whatever they are swords? I haven't seen it in any screenshots.

I don't have a PS2 but I might have to consider getting the Wii version.
You have three different kinds of weapons. Reflectors (shield), beads (whip), and swords held exactly like that screen. One of the bosses and characters in the storyline is a wolf who uses a sword just like Amaterasu's.
Sounds good to me. I'll have a look around for it.

And to make a random comment (I'm allowed to do that since it's my thread): Dark Souls is going to be the best game of 2011. Everything I see/read about it and everything else being released this year just seems to further reinforce that idea.

inglioti

Oct 10, 2009
I am so so so so so excited for Dark Souls. I think it comes out almost a month later in Australia though! Might import it from somewhere else... Was going to wait until I knew there was no DLC though, have bought region locked DLC for games before, no fun rebuying Zombie Ned.

But there is none, so many hours of building up my demon mage will come in September :D