Dark Souls... On the Go!

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
hanselthecaretaker said:
Sean Hollyman said:
Not too long ago I was sitting there thinking about how I'd love to play Dark Souls on the PS4, being finally able to take nice screenshots and stuff and boom! I guess it goes to show how little I'm interested in new games these days when I get way more excited for remakes and remasters.

That being said I can't wait to hear stories about people's Switch pads and Joycons ending up through windows and out of trains when they get ganked by Biggie and Smalls, or Capa ***** and his Doggo Squad!

And on the PS4, I wonder if the trophies for acquiring all spells and weapons are going to include the DLC, because man oh man I still have yet to cut Kalameet's tail...

I never cut it either! Was actually a bit relieved Kalameet?s tail weapon wasn?t required for the Knight?s Honor trophy. It would?ve like *cough* felt wrong anyways you know? Such a majestic, one of a kind creature...it wasn?t enough to kill him we had to humiliate him too?!? Nah, keep your beautiful tail, sweet Kalameet. Keep, keep, keep.

If I didn?t have other stuff to play yet, I could easily see picking this up again. A bit too soon though for me regardless, as it hasn?t even been two years. I?m curious to see Blighttown though in full HD at a good framerate. It?s one of my favorite locations in the series. Such a vast, yet cozy place.
Well from what I remember about other remasters, trophies from DLC are usually included in their own separate lists a-la Skyrim, but Dark Souls didn't have trophies for AotA so I'm not too sure.

Mad World

Legacy
Sep 18, 2009
Country
Canada
Awesome for people who want to play it portably. However, it's not 60 FPS on Switch. Really is the inferior version unless you are really into portable gaming.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
Mad World said:
Awesome for people who have top of the range PC's with 4K. However, it's not portable. Really is the inferior version unless you are really into picking out every single pixel and frame individually.
FTFY.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
MC1980 said:
Yoshi178 said:
Mad World said:
Awesome for people who have top of the range PC's with 4K. However, it's not portable. Really is the inferior version unless you are really into picking out every single pixel and frame individually.
FTFY.
you are cringeworthy
so are graphics elitists.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Quick question, does the Switch have a suspend/resume function like the 3DS has?

Seems like a bit of a must if you're playing Dark Souls on the go and you're smack in the middle of one of the longer stretches between bonfires. Kind of goes for any game where you can't do a proper save at any time, for that matter.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I have a PS4 and a Switch, and I'll be going for the Switch version.

The ability to just take it round the house, to play in bed, etc is enough of a draw, even if I wasn't going to play it on the train.

Mad World

Legacy
Sep 18, 2009
Country
Canada
Yoshi178 said:
Didn't need fixing, Nintendo fanboy. Dude, are you for real? You're a very immature individual; you just can't accept that there are legitimate reasons to prefer other consoles over Nintendo. You don't need a PC capable of 4K for what I said to have merit; if you honestly think that, wake up and use your head. I was referring to framerate, which is very important to many people. The resolution has nothing to do with it. It's going to look better on PC AND consoles (over Switch) regardless of being 1080p or 4k. Also, it'll be at 60 frames. It's not just about PC; it's objectively better on Xbox one and PlayStation 4 if portable gaming is not important to you. If it is, get a Switch; in that case, it'll probably be better for you - and that's totally fine.

You seem to sidestep the main issue a lot. I wasn't originally trying to talk about graphics. I literally didn't mention it at all in my original post. Learn to read properly; it was about framerate. However, if portable gaming isn't for you, you get the whole package on the other consoles over Switch: better graphics and framerate.