Dark Souls Port Brings Console Problems to PC

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
I soo hope this game bombs somewhat, so that from then on, producers and developers can point to this game and tell PC gamers to shut their whiny traps. And the next souls game will be console exclusive again.

DarkBlood626

Nov 9, 2008
No 1080p, uses GFWL, Is locked at 30 FPS, Optimised for controllers.

This is a cash grab plain and simple aimed at the people who down own consoles what they can?t seem to get their heads around though is

- The people this is aimed at (who don?t own consoles) will spit it out like someone eating mud the first time having been accustomed to chocolate.

- The people who have a console will just buy it on console.

If I wanted the console experience I would have bought it on console. There is no excuse for this take it back and try a bit harder next time but we know what will happen, if this bombs like I hope it will they will probably just blame piracy.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
This may be a console experience with the limitations that come with that (low resolution+ fps lock).

I really hope that at least the options of rebinding the keys will be available and be decently optimized to work with mouse and keyboard.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Julius-Seizure said:
If it's really so flipping ripping dang fang rotten zarg barga ding donging bad, why is it seven spots above Modern Warfare 3 on Steam's Top Sellers list (at time of writing)?

Your calvin and hobbes reference ignores the fact that MW3 is stupidly overpriced. Still. And it's old.

Calibanbutcher said:
I soo hope this game bombs somewhat, so that from then on, producers and developers can point to this game and tell PC gamers to shut their whiny traps. And the next souls game will be console exclusive again.

What it should do is teach developers not to be fucking lazy about how they develop for a new market. If you don't treat a new distribution area with respect, why would they treat your product with any decency?

Alatar The Red

Aug 10, 2012
You fixed the resolution! Before launch!
I did. Took me 23 minutes, without source access. (I dedicate this to the people that told me I'm unreasonable when I lambasted From for not doing something that takes a few hours at most in the other thread)
Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41330816&postcount=686

Apparently someone from neogaf managed to fix the resolution in 23 minutes. Maybe the guys at From really needed a 23 min coffee break...

Adam Pen

Aug 23, 2012
i just brought this game despite the reviews and yea i wish i didnt graphics are bad fps sucks and worst of all still controller config so u either have to get a 360 ps3 wired controller etc or gaming controller or have to spend a long time setting or controls its a pain in the A** tbh wish i would of waited for later dates to see what happens