Darkening of Tristram should be permanent

BaronVH

Oct 22, 2009
Finished the Diablo 3 add on listed above, and they really should keep it as a permanent addition. I absolutely loved the music. Forgot how wonderful and atmospheric it was. I actually liked that it retained the mechanics of Diablo 3, but had small touches of the original, like the scrolls that fell and the poems read when a unique area was entered. I wish that it retained the orginal's town quests with its NPCs, but it was a very, very fun three hour side quest, and loved how, like the original, as you delved deeper, the dungeon go rougher until you reached the final lairs. It is very troubling that it is a temporary quest. Hopefully, they did this as a marketing ploy to get people back in, as I now want to buy the necromancer and re roll a new character and start from scratch. Yes, this will age me, but Diablo 1 was the first game that made me a serious gamer. Before it was just casual here and there. I have since spawned two real life gamers who are hopelessly addicted to Overwatch, so Blizzard kind of owes me.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Go ask Blizzard. Knowing them they'll keep it in since one person asked.

Cycloptomese

Jun 4, 2015
I really need to get back in and give that a whirl. It's the whole month of January, right? Also, the difficulty actually scales toward the bottom levels, independent of your difficulty choice? I ask because I play on hardcore and even increasing the difficulty one notch is a huge decision.

BaronVH

Oct 22, 2009
RaikuFA said:
Being that Drax is my favorite Guardian, sarcasm is lost on me.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
BaronVH said:
RaikuFA said:
Being that Drax is my favorite Guardian, sarcasm is lost on me.
I'm referencing that they've made a couple of changes to their games all because one person asked for it.

I really want them to listen though. I want to try this.