Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition differences?

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
Are there any differences between Darksiders 2 & the Deathinitive Edition other than visuals? (i.e., if I were to use a 100% guide for the original version, will it still work with the Deathinitive Edition?).

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
DarklordKyo said:
Are there any differences between Darksiders 2 & the Deathinitive Edition other than visuals? (i.e., if I were to use a 100% guide for the original version, will it still work with the Deathinitive Edition?).
I never played the PS3 version, but I read that they removed the online trophies in Deathinitive since the discontinued server made it impossible to 100% the original version. Other than that I think it's the same game.

Imo DS2 already seems like a step up from DS1 after playing thru the prologue to the main hub. This is from a gameplay perspective, since it also of course looks and runs better on PS4.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
hanselthecaretaker said:
DarklordKyo said:
I never played the PS3 version, but I read that they removed the online trophies in Deathinitive since the discontinued server made it impossible to 100% the original version. Other than that I think it's the same game.

Imo DS2 already seems like a step up from DS1 after playing thru the prologue to the main hub. This is from a gameplay perspective, since it also of course looks and runs better on PS4.
...There was online?

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
Saelune said:
...There was online?
You could send stuff to people on your friends list. I think the original has an achievement for sending a gift to a friend.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Mind you, if you want to get the Deathinitive Edition on PC, know that version had a slew of gamebreaking bugs that can cause crashes or otherwise completely halt your progress. Not quite sure if those have been patched out, but judging from recent user reviews on Steam, that is not the case.

Don't know if the console versions suffer from the same problem.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Chimpzy said:
Mind you, if you want to get the Deathinitive Edition on PC, know that version had a slew of gamebreaking bugs that can cause crashes or otherwise completely halt your progress. Not quite sure if those have been patched out, but judging from recent user reviews on Steam, that is not the case.

I didn't have any problems with Deathinitive Edition on the PC. Shadows are still ugly, but the game runs better than the original.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Jun 21, 2009
Adam Jensen said:
Chimpzy said:

I didn't have any problems with Deathinitive Edition on the PC. Shadows are still ugly, but the game runs better than the original.
My time with it was not so pleasant. Frequent crashes, refusing to launch, gameplay features not working, poor performance (on a system it really has no right to), more crashing, and so on. Luckily for me, the problems were so severe I never got to 2 hours of playtime and could get a Steam refund.

And my case is not unique. Seems experiences with the game are divided between 'works fine' and 'fuck this broken piece of shit'. Guess yours is one of the positive ones.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Adam Jensen said:
Chimpzy said:

I've been playing through it recently and haven't had any crashes or game stopping glitches. My shadows often freak out for whatever reason. I also find no visual difference between medium shadows and high shadows save for on medium shadows I get like 45fps more than high shadows.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
It has all the DLC apparently. Unlike that there COD: Modern Warfare reanimated. And the usual upscaled definition to 1080ipiwhatever.

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
Chimpzy said:

Well, other than that, any major differences? If I were to use a 100% guide for the original version, would I still get 100% in the Deathinitive Edition?

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
Handy list inside. [http://gematsu.com/2015/06/darksiders-ii-deathinitive-edition-officially-announced]

So, the old walkthroughs might not be 100% accurate in this one depending on how far they took loot distribution.

I'm loving the game so far as a fun, casual romp, and given how straightforward it is I plan on not using a guide at all. This is Darksiders, not Dark Souls.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Jun 21, 2009
DarklordKyo said:
Chimpzy said:
Well, other than that, any major differences? If I were to use a 100% guide for the original version, would I still get 100% in the Deathinitive Edition?
As far as I know, the major difference is that they took out the loot sharing system, but if irc the remastered version just gives you the stuff you'd have gotten from that at certain points in the game.

I think you should be fine with a guide for the original version, assuming it includes all the dlc stuff.