Darksiders II Studio Denies Missing Credit Allegations

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
They give him 90 days to redo the UI on an almost 3 year production and then they kick him for poor performance... can't say I haven't seen that go down in my workplace before, you see when you need someone gone a line like "bad performance" is more then convenient and can only really be disputed when your lawyer is payed better then the opposite party.

The game UI does have that distinct "put together backwards" feel to it, maybe mister Davis can now help modders put it in order as he got some time on his hands.

Quiotu

Mar 7, 2008
On one hand if he did do any work, and it's in the game somewhere, then his name should be in the credits.

Then again if he had terrible performance and got fired, companies usually don't like plastering your name on something if you're no longer with the company. This guy also doesn't seem to have a problem with slamming the company or throwing his coworkers under the bus.

Truthfully none of this really matters. It's an internal conflict, and it should stay that way. There's no reason something like this should keep you from buying the game. It's a great game, and strife like this from a company trying very hard to stay afloat is pretty normal. Buy the game, you can always vent your frustration at Vigil later.

KidneyWizard

Aug 16, 2012
"We were not focused on the issue of employees that voluntarily left or were fired from the company."

So people that leave voluntarily also don't get credit, regardless of their contribution. Sounds like Vigil takes things personally.

lisarrosenberg

Aug 16, 2012
omg the guy has a website with his phone number posted 818.859.3032. I gave him a call. It was hilarious to hear him rant.