Darksiders Mystery Code Awards Free Game

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Darksiders Mystery Code Awards Free Game

Purchasers of Darksiders [http://www.amazon.com/Darksiders-Playstation-3/dp/B001D7T2VC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1279571817&sr=1-1] didn't buy just one game, they unknowingly also got a second.

The initial run of Darksiders for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 included a card marked "DO NOT DISCARD." Owners were instructed to visit the Darksiders website for updates and to wait for the code's big unveiling. It took well over a month, but the nature of this quandary has finally been disclosed.

Those who purchased Darksiders and saved the mystery code have earned a free copy of Darksiders blog [http://www.amazon.com/Red-Faction-Guerrilla-Xbox-360/dp/B0014ULQB2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1279571856&sr=1-1] and follow the instructions. The code is basically entered on the THQ store to negate the game's cost, though shipping fees are not covered in the offer.

Alongside the free copy of Red Faction: Guerrilla, THQ is awarding a digital "Hellbook" disc that features Darksiders art, videos, and other "awesome stuff." That awesome stuff is not likely to include a third free game, sorry. The offer is only available to U.S. customers and will expire on March 7, 2010. Red Faction: Guerrilla was originally released in June 2009 and is a very well-liked game, making this offer pretty damn amazing. It's like winning the videogame lottery.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
FUCK. YES.

Shame I already own RFG, sold my copy of Darksiders, code and all.

BTW, if anyone still wants RFG for cheap:

http://www.gamefly.com/store/game/xbox-360/Red-Faction-Guerrilla/130590/

Only in US, though, iirc.

messy

Dec 3, 2008
Earthmonger said:
Shamus is going to have some fuel from this one.
Fuel in a good or bad way? Because to be honest this seems like a rather good way to prevent piracy.

Although I suppose you could just pirate Red Faction...

snowman6251

Nov 9, 2009
Yeah my friend sent this to me a few days ago and I looked in the box and had a code and I was like "hot diggity I gots me a new game free of charge" but you know, less prospector.

I had just gotten Oblivion too. So now it can sit on my shelf being unplayed until I beat that trillion hour game.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Callate said:
At the risk of sounding cynical, I have to ask: did Guerrilla do that badly?
Yes, which is a massive shame because it was a load of fun.

OT - Why is crap like this always America only? Seriously, it's crap like this which makes the rest of the world pissed off.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
And now I'm upset that I didn't buy Darksiders. I'm going to get it preowned next Christmas, but that will be too late...

jackanderson

Sep 7, 2008
America... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Callate said:
At the risk of sounding cynical, I have to ask: did Guerrilla do that badly?
It must've. Real shame too. I'm enjoying that game, but I keep getting other stuff. Also, currently blazing through the recently aquiured Ratchet & Clank PS3 trilogy. Then Brutal Legend. Then Borderlands. Then Heavy Rain (when I get it). THEN I'll finally play Red Faction Guerrilla.

Delock

Mar 4, 2009
You still have to pay shipping, and if you want RF:G as a disc in addition to your digital download, you have to pay for that. Yeah... It's mostly free, but still, that's a no more than $15 for a copy of RF:G