Dating a co-worker (but I work at a topless bar)

procyonlotor

Jun 12, 2010
This could be a valuable experience. My advice is don't let the fact the she has a child daunt you. In fact, I think stepping up like that will be good for you in the long run.

But ultimately it's up to you. You're the guy on the scene.

Anthropaphagi

May 6, 2010
The age difference and the fact that you're co-workers isn't necessarily a problem, but I too would be wary of anyone with a kid. I've had men who have kids approach me, assuming that every woman out there must want to help them co-parent or worse, expects you to raise the kid for them. And quite frankly, when I want to have kids, I'll worry about parenting, I'm not interested in doing it for others at this stage of my life, and I'm older than you. So I can appreciate your reluctance to get more involved.

Find out, at least, what her expectations are if you really like her. If she's looking for a daddy, and you're not up for it, move on. She's not the only woman out there.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
S.R.S. said:
Kids!? Back away, not today, Disco Lady.
I laughed.

Just wanted to thank everyone for the input, if nothing else, it was good to see other people's perspectives.

swolf

May 3, 2010
Having a child isn't as hard as many people make it out to be and is actually quite enjoyable. My issue would be with working with my (in my circumstance, wife). We've tried working together before. The problem is not personalities or arguments because we understand that the way we work and the way we are at home are somewhat different. The problem came from customers flirting with her. I was tempted to break some faces when they flirted with her (if they insisted and wouldn't stop...so that's harassment). I can only imagine that would happen more at a topless bar.

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
Oh for the love of god, you have to TRUST ME. You are 20 years old, even if you do like mature women, don't got for one with a kid. You seriously don't want to get wrapped up in baby-daddy issues.

quiet_samurai

Apr 24, 2009
Well if you enter a relationship with an older woman, who is a mother, don't expect to live the young 20-something life to the extent you might wish. Of course, only if that is what you are looking for that is. However if you want to have the "family life style" then I say go for it. Beware though, you may get attatched to the kid and take the role of his father, and a break up will make it all the more harder on yourself. Not to mention the fact you will probably have to deal with alot of baby momma/daddy issues, and the fact you aren't his "real" father will have an affect on your role in the whole thing.

I know this from excperience.

If I was you however, I wouldn't do it. A child adds and changes the whole dynamic of a relationship and makes it that much more complicated.

Also, topless bar FTW.