Dating Sim Girls Dump Pirates

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
theultimateend said:
I'm curious how many actual dollars are actually lost to Piracy.

For instance, how many people who wouldn't have purchased this game are going to purchase it now?

If the amount of income gained from this sort of thing is less than the cost to insert this code into the game, then I'm not entirely sure the Pirates are the ones with egg on their face.
"Group of 4."

Pirate: "Yay, new game"
Non-Pirate: "Damn, i do not have the game"
Pirate2: "Lawl just pirate it"
Non-Pirate: "I dont pirate games, cant i just buy it?"
Pirate3: "Too bad, you cant play with the pirated version on a legal version"
-Enter further text here-

Non-Pirate pirates game and plays with friends. (Company looses money)

Excuse 1 for pirating. "Wanna check if its a good game"

Pirate: *Plays 100 Hours, some time with other friends then discards it*. *Nah, not worth buying*

The fact that the company is not gonna loose any money on you pirating their game. Doing it is still wrong and, infact. Illigal.

Hidden_Agenda

Jul 3, 2010
The best DRM is no DRM. Honestly, having DRM installed inside your PC so you can't remove it, is bloody annoying. it's as if the DRM has you by the bullocks because without it, your game doesn't boot and with it you have something you don't want. Even if you've legally purchased the game, you should be able to decide what to and what NOT to install.

Not to mention DRM or games that require a 24/7 connection or else you're stuck with not being able to play IE Assassin's Creed 2.

From Starforce to this bloody shite. It's as if Ubisoft are thinking up ways to get their "fans" to bend over so they can stick something they dread further up their arses. Like they're a bloody date rapist and the people who pay for their games are unwilling participants in their sexual endeavors. Just one roofie and woo hoo for them. Now we're screwed and they got what they wanted. Our computer's impregnated and we're unhappy with having this little tag along bastard that they decided was fine to leave us with.

It's one reason I'd pay for a game and use a No-Cd or a crack or something to play or install to avoid that bloody copy-protection. From Star-force crashing one of my PC's to it just being annoying.

It's like a mate who comes over, eats some of your food, and leaves the wrappers to remind you of what you're left with.

Even when you remove the bloody game, the "protection" is still there. So, what's it protecting?

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Nikolaz72 said:
theultimateend said:
I'm curious how many actual dollars are actually lost to Piracy.

For instance, how many people who wouldn't have purchased this game are going to purchase it now?

If the amount of income gained from this sort of thing is less than the cost to insert this code into the game, then I'm not entirely sure the Pirates are the ones with egg on their face.
"Group of 4."

Pirate: "Yay, new game"
Non-Pirate: "Damn, i do not have the game"
Pirate2: "Lawl just pirate it"
Non-Pirate: "I dont pirate games, cant i just buy it?"
Pirate3: "Too bad, you cant play with the pirated version on a legal version"
-Enter further text here-

Non-Pirate pirates game and plays with friends. (Company looses money)

Excuse 1 for pirating. "Wanna check if its a good game"

Pirate: *Plays 100 Hours, some time with other friends then discards it*. *Nah, not worth buying*

The fact that the company is not gonna loose any money on you pirating their game. Doing it is still wrong and, infact. Illigal.
So what we've got is me asking for data and you providing me anecdotal evidence that has 0 value in the real world.

If you didn't have any sort of actual worthwhile information why did you even respond? Had I wanted folks to write me stories I'd have visited a creative writing forum.

BlackStar42

Jan 23, 2010
FaceFaceFace said:
This is seriously the best thing I have ever heard. All games should have something like this. If the game is pirated, your weapons could break, there could be double the number of enemies with triple the health, the control layout could switch to Superman 64 quality...
NO! Not Superman 64! Not even pirates deserve that!

Azmael Silverlance

Pirate Warlord!
Oct 20, 2009
Deofuta said:
Holy Fricking BRILLIANT!

Give the man who thought this idea up a cookie, he certainly deserves it.
give him a virtual girlfriend hah :p AND a cookie!1

Seriously this is amazing :D but how come none of the pirates thought of the idea to get ...um i du no...a REAL GF? :D i mean whats left for you if the matrix doesnt like you anymore...

dfphetteplace

Nov 29, 2009
"It'll eventually be cracked, but in the meantime the lovestruck pirates must face a terrible choice: Either they pay real money to get their virtual girlfriends, or they stay lonely until the girls can be patched."

Or, OR! And I know this is an insane concept, but maybe, just maybe, they go get laid. As soon as they get some real sex, they are going to throw this game right out the window.

Feb 19, 2010
mike1921 said:
NAHTZEE said:
Razada said:
NAHTZEE said:
i like the average DRM.

pirate installs game.

Game: right, you just need to punch in the obvious code on the back of the manual, and you can haz fun.

pirate: f*** you game i have a crack.now lemme play online.

game: nah,im not letting a pirating basterd like you play online.see ya.

pirate: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Or in otherwords

Legitimate Buyer: I am going to buy an install this game legitimately to play it on my next gen laptop (As I don't have a fixed home, this is a neccesity)
Game: Put the relevant code in, as you used to
Legitimate Buyer: Sure thing, this is easy
Game: Enjoy!
Legimiate Buyer: FUCK INTERNET CONNECTION WENT DOWN. I am so glad I am playing a single player game! Wait, what is this? "You have lost access to the server" FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
Game: LOL
Legitimate Buyer: Oh wait, a pirated and cracked version of Assassins Creed does not need internet access. *LEGITIMATE BUYER EVOLVES INTO ANGST FILLED PIRATE!*

I used to be against piracy. Now I am an advocate. Stardock has all my respect (No DRM whatsoever, at least that was the case with there old games). Modern DRM is just fucking annoying. Plus utterly pointless.
uhh, im talking about a whole different anti pirate system good sir.

legimanet buyer- ooh yay! the game is finished installing!

game- please punch in the ultra obvious code on the back of the ultra large manual.

buyer- K

game- have fun!

the end-

but this certain DRm was last used in 2001 in the game i know and love, HARD TRUCK 2 or, далнавойшки 2
I can't stand those either

Infact, I hate those more when I do legitimately own the game.

Forces me to waste space on the manual and thus the case so I don't lose it. Things I want to throw out and ignore while I put the disks in a binder. Is there some reason you can't put it on the disk?
so your too lazy to puch in a 5 digit code which is easy too remember. and if you lose it you can email 1c company and get a new code.

i can still remember mine.

DI2Z3X4E

mike1921

Oct 17, 2008
NAHTZEE said:
mike1921 said:
NAHTZEE said:
Razada said:
NAHTZEE said:
i like the average DRM.

pirate installs game.

Game: right, you just need to punch in the obvious code on the back of the manual, and you can haz fun.

Or in otherwords

Legitimate Buyer: I am going to buy an install this game legitimately to play it on my next gen laptop (As I don't have a fixed home, this is a neccesity)
Legimiate Buyer: FUCK INTERNET CONNECTION WENT DOWN. I am so glad I am playing a single player game! Wait, what is this? "You have lost access to the server" FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
Legitimate Buyer: Oh wait, a pirated and cracked version of Assassins Creed does not need internet access. *LEGITIMATE BUYER EVOLVES INTO ANGST FILLED PIRATE!*

I used to be against piracy. Now I am an advocate. Stardock has all my respect (No DRM whatsoever, at least that was the case with there old games). Modern DRM is just fucking annoying. Plus utterly pointless.

game- please punch in the ultra obvious code on the back of the ultra large manual.

buyer- K

game- have fun!

the end-

but this certain DRm was last used in 2001 in the game i know and love, HARD TRUCK 2 or, далнавойшки 2

Forces me to waste space on the manual and thus the case so I don't lose it. Things I want to throw out and ignore while I put the disks in a binder. Is there some reason you can't put it on the disk?
so your too lazy to puch in a 5 digit code which is easy too remember. and if you lose it you can email 1c company and get a new code.

DI2Z3X4E
I'm not going to remember a code for every game I got multiple years ago that I only need to type in once if I don't format my hard drive or get a new computer. Also it's more than 5 Digits.

So, let me get this straight. Instead of putting the code on the disk where I can't possibly say I have the game and not the code, it needs to be on the manual so I have to email them and ask for a new one? THEPIRATEBAY HERE I COME.

Feb 19, 2010
mike1921 said:
NAHTZEE said:
mike1921 said:
NAHTZEE said:
Razada said:
NAHTZEE said:
i like the average DRM.

pirate installs game.

Or in otherwords

buyer- K

game- have fun!

the end-

so your too lazy to puch in a 8 digit code which is easy too remember. and if you lose it you can email 1c company and get a new code.

DI2Z3X4E
I'm not going to remember a code for every game I got multiple years ago that I only need to type in once if I don't format my hard drive or get a new computer. Also it's more than 5 Digits.

So, let me get this straight. Instead of putting the code on the disk where I can't possibly say I have the game and not the code, it needs to be on the manual so I have to email them and ask for a new one? THEPIRATEBAY HERE I COME.

gah bloody typo. sorry i meant 8 digit code anywhoo who cares? the game is like 9 years old, but yeah, i dont really mind pirates, i dont pirate dur to a lot of backdoor trojans lurking in the torrents. i only pirated the assasins creed 2 server emulator( well my bro downloaded it but still) because ubisofts damn serers went down again.

but my borthers the poirate not me.

argh matey

mike1921

Oct 17, 2008
NAHTZEE said:
mike1921 said:
NAHTZEE said:
mike1921 said:
NAHTZEE said:
Razada said:
NAHTZEE said:
i like the average DRM.

pirate installs game.

Or in otherwords

buyer- K

game- have fun!

the end-

so your too lazy to puch in a 8 digit code which is easy too remember. and if you lose it you can email 1c company and get a new code.

DI2Z3X4E

gah bloody typo. sorry i meant 8 digit code anywhoo who cares? the game is like 9 years old, but yeah, i dont really mind pirates, i dont pirate dur to a lot of backdoor trojans lurking in the torrents. i only pirated the assasins creed 2 server emulator( well my bro downloaded it but still) because ubisofts damn serers went down again.

but my borthers the poirate not me.

argh matey
I still like to play the game. Also, unless all new games keep that code on the disk, where it can be retrieved even if you like having space, it is still relevant.

sapphireofthesea

Jul 18, 2010
Jack and Calumon said:
YES! Why can't people have much more creative DRM like others do? Ubisoft, take notes.

Calumon: Dating sims... Jack needs on...MMMMPHFHFH!!!

Jack: I'M WITH A GIRL RIGHT NOW CALUMON!
Every time I come across one of your posts I never fail to laugh ^^.

As for the topic. That is seriously harsh, though very effective considering the people who would be interested in the game (and interested enough to pirate it).

10 points to Jack for making me laugh again.
100 points the to guy who came up with the idea for an awesome idea.