David Jaffe Not Working on PS3 Twisted Metal

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
David Jaffe Not Working on PS3 Twisted Metal

Bad news for Twisted Metal fans: It turns out that series creator David Jaffe is not working on a new installment for the PS3, but he wishes he were.

If you don't know him, David Jaffe is the creator of some beloved series like God of War and Twisted Metal. The former got a triumphant send-off earlier this year, while the latter has been languishing in limbo for quite some time. Back in February, it was rumored that Jaffe's new Sony-affiliated studio, Eat Sleep Play, was working on a reboot of the series [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/97924-David-Jaffe-Hints-at-Twisted-Metal-Reboot].

According to Jaffe's Twitter, however, we've no such luck. This weekend, the outspoken developer admitted:

"By the way, I WISH we were making a new Twisted Metal. Making game you've already worked on is tons easier cuz your core blueprint is."

By the phrasing, it seems likely that Eat Sleep Play's new project is not the long-awaited Twisted Metal game for the PS3. Alas and alack. Oh well, PS3 owners: If you're bummed, go play some God of War 3. You'll feel better, we promise.

(Via CVG [http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=247857])

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
This article makes me want to swear like Jaffe. :(

Well, finish up your other project, and then get to work on Twisted Metal.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I had hoped that he was, but no big deal. There are a lot of games out there, and the only thing that I'd really look forward to would be the soundtrack.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
I hope its a sequel to Twisted Metal Black and I know the team that did Black are dead (WHY DID THEY TAKE THAT PLANE TRIP?!) but I still wanna see Dollface again

LockeDown

Sep 27, 2009
Darn. As much as I loved the old Twisted Metal games, I thought for sure that the presentation of Twisted Metal: Black would have ensured a sequel by now.

I can only hope that someone, somewhere, picks the series back up (hopefully a fan of the game).

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
If they do make a new Twisted Metal, part of me is hoping for a reboot with the original cast (or maybe the cast from Twisted Metal 2, as it was my favorite).

I hope they can make one soon, regardless of what story it plays off of.

Logic 0

Aug 28, 2009
Make it soon so we can enjoy it again it may take a while becasue of the average devlopment time on a next-gen console but it will be worth it for all of us.

Miumaru

May 5, 2010
Quiet Stranger said:
I hope its a sequel to Twisted Metal Black and I know the team that did Black are dead (WHY DID THEY TAKE THAT PLANE TRIP?!) but I still wanna see Dollface again
Screw Black. I loved Twisted Metal until Black. If I remembver correctly, it was 2 that blew my mind.

If a new one does come out...360 too please.

Though a new TM done right would tempt me to the Sony side (though My PS3 collection would be quite small)

cyberspace-exile

Jan 17, 2009
awwwww... ah well hopefully a Twisted Metal game gets made... though i do hope it does come out on both the PS3 and the 360