Dawn of War 2 still needs GFWL?

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
Far as I'm aware, they haven't announced any plans to change it; but then the same promises of compatibility have been made as with Dark Souls, no switch to Steamworks as of yet.

Might be a bit difficult considering the demise of THQ, who owns Relic now?

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
Actually you're in luck, Relic are in the process of moving Dawn of War 2 and Chaos Rising over to Steamworks now. The third expansion, Retribution, already uses steamworks and the original DOW which used Gamespy has already been moved to Steamworks as well.

Link

Not sure when it'll happen, but it can't be too far off. A quick glance at the steam forums reveals that apparently the achievements for DOW2+Chaos Rising popped up on Steam in late April so it's only a matter of time now.

Bleidd Whitefalcon

Mar 8, 2012
The Madman said:
Actually you're in luck, Relic are in the process of moving Dawn of War 2 and Chaos Rising over to Steamworks now. The third expansion, Retribution, already uses steamworks and the original DOW which used Gamespy has already been moved to Steamworks as well.

Link

Not sure when it'll happen, but it can't be too far off. A quick glance at the steam forums reveals that apparently the achievements for DOW2+Chaos Rising popped up on Steam in late April so it's only a matter of time now.
Thank you for the info :) I'm glad I won't have to crack the game now