Awan

A Thing That Happened
Mar 7, 2015
CrazyGirl17 said:
Is it too late to post this?

Legal Name: Emil Martin

Place/Date of Birth: Houston, Texas; July 24, 2035

Known Aliases: Phase

Appearance: Male, 5'9, short black hair, gray eyes, last seen wearing a black hoodie over a gray T-shirt, baggy gray jeans with a black leather belt, black skate shoes, black fingerless gloves, silver ear studs, a silver crucifix necklace, and yellow headphones attacked to an MP3 player and carrying a battered black backpack. He also his sister's name tattooed on his upper right bicep.

Psychological Profile: Diagnosed with Anti-Social Disorder at age 14; Cynical, sarcastic, suspicious, hot-tempered, fairly intelligent and sensitive, bluntly honest, surprisingly protective of others.

Bio: Emil Martin was born in Houston Texas to German-American immigrants, living with his family (Klaus, a construction foreman; Wilhelmina, a florist, and younger sister Annie). His powers first manifested at around puberty, apparently used to save his sister from a drunk driver. He tried to hide his powers, but the stress made him become moody and withdrawn, soon turning towards petty crimes. This had serious ramifications on his family, especially with his rather authoritarian father. This only made things worse and served to drive a wedge between Emil and his family. When Emil was 16, he accidentally slipped up and used his powers in the middle of a fight at school. Emil was arrested, but used his ability to turn intangible to escape. He has been on the run for two years, using his powers to keep one step ahead of authorities.

Criminal Record: Vandalism, Petty Theft, Assault, Resisting Arrest, Trespassing, Grand Theft Auto, Joy riding, Underage Drinking

Known Talents: Hand-to-hand fighting, escape artist, parkour/freerunning

Known Abilities: Emil is able to change his body's density, becoming either intangible or super dense. In the former state, Emil can easily pass through solid matter. In the former, he gains superhuman strength and durability. Emil is also capable of solidifying air or water under his feet to walk upon, though this ability is limited to a short range around him.

Let me know if I have to change anything, writing up this sheet was a bit more complex than I'm used to...
It's not too late but there are a couple of things. If Emil was born in 2035 then he is 7 by the time of play (The story begins in 2042). Assault is a felony, which is an issue for the reasons listed above (Unless you're willing to accept that if you were ever identified by police you would be shot on sight). Finally if Emil is born post-awakening it is very likely he went to a residential school after being registered (unless he was registered before escaping after the school fight).
spiritGuide said:
This is my contribution if you'll have it. I'm completely new to this kind of stuff so forgive me.

Legal Name: Shalim Amarappi

Place and Date of Birth: November 9th 2016, Susanville, California

Known Aliases: (none).

Appearance: Egyptian/Syrian descent. shaggy medium length dark brown hair. brown eyes, lithe, 5'7". Usually has a small amount of facial hair on his lip and chin although has been known to shave completely. He is without any tattoos or piercings but does possess a large mole in the centre of his back underneath his shoulder blades.

Psych Profile/Personality Analysis: mild PTSD triggered by mentions of death or killing, open fires and small dark rooms. Generally dislikes to prolong conversations, leading to awkward conversation, although has considerable tact in dealing with figures of authority, which has served him well in finding employment and made his encounters with the police to be relatively brief. He is known to meditate when he has issues sleeping which he said "keeps [him] sharp".

Bio: Born in a middle class family of with second generation Syrian father and Egyptian mother in a rural town. Subsequently suffered moderate to violent racism. This has increased his resilience to threats and intimidation, but is more reserved in approaching and conversing with others. at age 9 his powers presumably first manifested when the bullying escalated to violence causing him to vanish from sight for multiple hours. A search party was called for him when he emerged from a nearby wooded area after dusk. He himself denies significant recollection of the event though. He was assessed as a probable case for being awakened and so was transferred to the Gualala residential school until the terror attack May 2028 which was particularly violent as it involved over 40 suspects who set alight the entire complex and surrounded it. Of the original 863 attendees of the school, only 57 survivors are documented with 34 missing to date. Of those apprehended, crime include arson, murder, rape, mayhem and mutilation. He claims to have witnessed the fire and the murder of 3 people, none of whom he knew personally, although psychological evidence suggests otherwise. His survival confirmed suspicions of actual abilities. He managed to escape to Sacramento and has held a series of jobs under the pretence of being 'unawakened' in Sacramento and Red Bluff which at the time was not necessarily legal fictitious. During this period he claims to have stayed in numerous vacant homes none of which have any signs of breaking and entering. He also claims to have spent significant time with a man described as "very European looking with a remarkably convincing Japanese accent and manner" who called himself 'Jack' or 'Shisho' whom no match has yet been found. He is presumed also to be awakened and from whom he is reported to picked up skills with a limited number of martial weapons. We did not know of his powers until he was arrested for trespassing and interviewed in 2039.

Criminal Record: Trespassing, Adverse possession, Theft (minor)

Known Talents: limited training in hand to hand combat and swordplay. High level of cardiac fitness, fine motor skills and quick reaction speeds. Generally well adjusted, high awareness of surroundings.

Known Abilities: described as 'warping'. Able to shift physical presence to an immaterial blank plane, which allows complete freedom of movement for the duration he is able to concentrate before returning to the new position. Can only take objects that he has conditioned to be an extension of himself such as his clothes, and cannot contact any solid object in the returning instant or it both parties will be destroyed at the overlap. This has only happened on the occasion when his clothes contacted a surface, and so far has somehow managed to avoid injury altogether.
Solid character concept and basis, but there are several grammatical issues within the sheet. Additionally, I'm not sure 'mayhem and mutilation' are codified crimes ^^'. We can talk through the problem areas of the sheet grammatically in person if so necessary. Other that that I rather pleased with this character.

Awan

A Thing That Happened
Mar 7, 2015
Captainguy42 said:
Alright went through and made some edits. Fixed the criminal charges, removing the felonies, and adding some more misdemeanor crime.
Just checked back over the sheet, it's solid, so you're good to go.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Awan said:
CrazyGirl17 said:

Appearance: Male, 5'9, short black hair, gray eyes, last seen wearing a black hoodie over a gray T-shirt, baggy gray jeans with a black leather belt, black skate shoes, black fingerless gloves, silver ear studs, a silver crucifix necklace, and yellow headphones attacked to an MP3 player and carrying a battered black backpack. He also his sister's name tattooed on his upper right bicep.

Psychological Profile: Diagnosed with Anti-Social Disorder at age 14; Cynical, sarcastic, suspicious, hot-tempered, fairly intelligent and sensitive, bluntly honest, surprisingly protective of others.

Bio: Emil Martin was born in Houston Texas to German-American immigrants, living with his family (Klaus, a construction foreman; Wilhelmina, a florist, and younger sister Annie). His powers first manifested at around puberty, apparently used to save his sister from a drunk driver. He tried to hide his powers, but the stress made him become moody and withdrawn, soon turning towards petty crimes. This had serious ramifications on his family, especially with his rather authoritarian father. This only made things worse and served to drive a wedge between Emil and his family. When Emil was 16, he accidentally slipped up and used his powers in the middle of a fight at school. Emil was arrested, but used his ability to turn intangible to escape. He has been on the run for two years, using his powers to keep one step ahead of authorities.

Criminal Record: Vandalism, Petty Theft, Assault, Resisting Arrest, Trespassing, Grand Theft Auto, Joy riding, Underage Drinking

Known Abilities: Emil is able to change his body's density, becoming either intangible or super dense. In the former state, Emil can easily pass through solid matter. In the former, he gains superhuman strength and durability. Emil is also capable of solidifying air or water under his feet to walk upon, though this ability is limited to a short range around him.

Let me know if I have to change anything, writing up this sheet was a bit more complex than I'm used to...
It's not too late but there are a couple of things. If Emil was born in 2035 then he is 7 by the time of play (The story begins in 2042). Assault is a felony, which is an issue for the reasons listed above (Unless you're willing to accept that if you were ever identified by police you would be shot on sight). Finally if Emil is born post-awakening it is very likely he went to a residential school after being registered (unless he was registered before escaping after the school fight).
OKay, thanks for the info. I changed the date of birth and removed the assault charge, but I was thinking in-story that he was trying to hide his powers for years (perhaps I should remove the alias part too?) I might also change the back-story if needed.

Awan

A Thing That Happened
Mar 7, 2015
CrazyGirl17 said:
Awan said:
CrazyGirl17 said:

OKay, thanks for the info. I changed the date of birth and removed the assault charge, but I was thinking in-story that he was trying to hide his powers for years (perhaps I should remove the alias part too?) I might also change the back-story if needed.
I would say the alias doesn't really come up and isn't necessary, if that's alright. Change the backstory as appropriate.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Okay, made a few changes, hopefully it will work better. Otherwise, I might keep the back story as-is, unless I can come up with something better. Also, not sure if I should give him a different power or not..

Awan

A Thing That Happened
Mar 7, 2015
'attached' to an MP3 player in the appearance segment, otherwise looking pretty solid.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Awan said:
'attached' to an MP3 player in the appearance segment, otherwise looking pretty solid.
Ok, cool. Fixed that little detail.

Also, is there going to be a group we can chat in Out-of-character, or is Skype to be used instead? I don't have access to the latter at the moment, just to let you know.

Awan

A Thing That Happened
Mar 7, 2015
CrazyGirl17 said:
Awan said:
Ok, cool. Fixed that little detail.

Also, is there going to be a group we can chat in Out-of-character, or is Skype to be used instead? I don't have access to the latter at the moment, just to let you know.
A group will be established when we start, yes ^^.

Awan

A Thing That Happened
Mar 7, 2015
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Day-s-End-Ends-Meet
Anyone who's posted a sheet will get approved.

Pm0n3y

An emaciated shadow
Jul 29, 2009
Legal Name: Justin Joseph Locke

Place and Date of Birth: Harlem, NY, January 15th, 2022

Known Aliases: N/A

Appearance: Caucasian Male, weighing 130 lbs., standing at 5 feet 10 inches. Mostly average build on a thin frame. Dark brown hair cropped short, light brown eyes. Wears a pair of cheap, black-frame glasses to aid with his sight. Clean shaven.

Psych Profile/Personality Analysis: Textbook narcissism. Is very aware of his mental strengths and intelligence, and can be very arrogant about it. Can be highly emotional at times, and isn't afraid of being loud and speaking his mind. He doesn't care about other people's thoughts or feelings and gets defensive when he's put on the spot or someone finds a flaw in something of his. Will befriend you if he finds common ground, however.

Bio: Was born right on the cusp of The Awakening to Alice and Joseph Locke. Ushered into a new age of man, Justin was raised among the glitz and glamor of the early Golden Age Awakened humans. Granted, he was far too young to remember any of it, but his father was definitely a fan. Then The Black Year occurred and passed over the world like a sickening plague. Definitely, the wrong time to realize your only son was an Awakened human as well. His mother, a fierce pro-human supporter, couldn't deal with her child's "sickness", and his father's support. Claimed she was "living a nightmare", divorced her husband, and disowned her child.

It was father and son against the world from there on out. Instead of the event creating a rift between the two, it only strengthened their bond. Made the registry and residential schools easier for the two to process. Joseph loved his son's curiosity for his work and enjoyed being someone his son could look up to. Learning was second nature to the boy, and he easily excelled in most of his classes. It was to the point that he became unruly and dismissive of his peers and curriculum, as it didn't pose much of a challenge to his growing mind.

The prejudice and stigma against his kind became more relevant to the boy as he grew older. Upon the shutdown of Residential schools, Justin was transferred into normal schools with normal humans. Despite the taunting, the incessant bullying, and the lack of support from staff, Justin was able to complete his years with overly exceptional grades. His father gave him the hope of attending any college he could've wanted, and spent years building a fund to do so. Justin knew of the controversy involving Awakened humans being kept out of establishments of higher learning but stayed optimistic for his father's sake.

Then, as life has a habit of doing, disaster struck him all at once. Joseph Locke was struck down in a freak accident on the job. Left the 18-year-old with whatever possessions he had left and his college fund was made available to him. He wanted to take that chance to pack up his things and leave. But then a protest for Awakened humans started in his neighborhood. He was barely involved but was curious enough to check it out anyway. The protest went south once the police got involved, and became unruly. Amidst the panic and anger of the crowd, Justin was arrested simply for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Even as he managed to pay his bail, his status as an Awakened human changed from simply registered, to potentially dangerous.

Justin managed to live on his own for a couple of years afterward, bitter at the world around him. His attitude darkened, his heart hardened. Denied a college education due to extensive background checks, Justin used his college fund to hold on to his living arrangements for as long as he could. And even that was beginning to run out.

Criminal Record: One count of unlawful assembly. Two recorded counts of trespassing.

Known Talents: Between Justin's burgeoning intelligence, and his father's previous careers as an infrastructure and construction electrician, he has a hard efficiency in electrical wiring and schematic reading. Joseph had a tendency to bring work home, and Justin absorbed most of the knowledge passively. As he grew older, he began to branch out into the other fields of electrical work. His scope shrunk from skyscraper wiring to dismantling home appliances and creating his own software. Learned resistor codes, enjoyed the intricacies of soldering and circuit boards. In his late teens, he acquired a fixation for self-defensive electroshock tools and weapons. Learned how tasers ticked, prodded around cattle prods, and buried that knowledge into his own creations. His most recent creation was an electroshock glove he called "The Awe". In its most recent version, he's fashioned a simple potentiometer-based console that controls the amount of amperage he can administer.

Known Abilities: Justin has several documented accounts involving his above average intelligence. First noted at age 6, where (on a hunch) one of his teachers suggested he'd take a mental evaluation. He was reported to have had an IQ level of 103. Now at 20, his levels have seemed to plateaued at about 139, just around the "highly gifted" level of the "genius" designation. Intelligence will expand exponentially if given a chance at higher learning. His body (skin and organs, with the exception of his hair) is exceedingly resistant to generated and natural forms of plasma, as well as natural chemical reactions like fire. Cannot be burned, or subdued by electrical shock.

Finally found the time to post this!

Awan

A Thing That Happened
Mar 7, 2015
Pm0n3y said:
Legal Name: Justin Joseph Locke

Place and Date of Birth: Harlem, NY, January 15th, 2022

Known Aliases: N/A

Appearance: Caucasian Male, weighing 130 lbs., standing at 5 feet 10 inches. Mostly average build on a thin frame. Dark brown hair cropped short, light brown eyes. Wears a pair of cheap, black-frame glasses to aid with his sight. Clean shaven.

Psych Profile/Personality Analysis: Textbook narcissism. Is very aware of his mental strengths and intelligence, and can be very arrogant about it. Can be highly emotional at times, and isn't afraid of being loud and speaking his mind. He doesn't care about other people's thoughts or feelings and gets defensive when he's put on the spot or someone finds a flaw in something of his. Will befriend you if he finds common ground, however.

Bio: Was born right on the cusp of The Awakening to Alice and Joseph Locke. Ushered into a new age of man, Justin was raised among the glitz and glamor of the early Golden Age Awakened humans. Granted, he was far too young to remember any of it, but his father was definitely a fan. Then The Black Year occurred and passed over the world like a sickening plague. Definitely, the wrong time to realize your only son was an Awakened human as well. His mother, a fierce pro-human supporter, couldn't deal with her child's "sickness", and his father's support. Claimed she was "living a nightmare", divorced her husband, and disowned her child.

It was father and son against the world from there on out. Instead of the event creating a rift between the two, it only strengthened their bond. Made the registry and residential schools easier for the two to process. Joseph loved his son's curiosity for his work and enjoyed being someone his son could look up to. Learning was second nature to the boy, and he easily excelled in most of his classes. It was to the point that he became unruly and dismissive of his peers and curriculum, as it didn't pose much of a challenge to his growing mind.

The prejudice and stigma against his kind became more relevant to the boy as he grew older. Upon the shutdown of Residential schools, Justin was transferred into normal schools with normal humans. Despite the taunting, the incessant bullying, and the lack of support from staff, Justin was able to complete his years with overly exceptional grades. His father gave him the hope of attending any college he could've wanted, and spent years building a fund to do so. Justin knew of the controversy involving Awakened humans being kept out of establishments of higher learning but stayed optimistic for his father's sake.

Then, as life has a habit of doing, disaster struck him all at once. Joseph Locke was struck down in a freak accident on the job. Left the 18-year-old with whatever possessions he had left and his college fund was made available to him. He wanted to take that chance to pack up his things and leave. But then a protest for Awakened humans started in his neighborhood. He was barely involved but was curious enough to check it out anyway. The protest went south once the police got involved, and became unruly. Amidst the panic and anger of the crowd, Justin was arrested simply for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Even as he managed to pay his bail, his status as an Awakened human changed from simply registered, to potentially dangerous.

Justin managed to live on his own for a couple of years afterward, bitter at the world around him. His attitude darkened, his heart hardened. Denied a college education due to extensive background checks, Justin used his college fund to hold on to his living arrangements for as long as he could. And even that was beginning to run out.

Criminal Record: One count of unlawful assembly. Two recorded counts of trespassing.

Known Talents: Between Justin's burgeoning intelligence, and his father's previous careers as an infrastructure and construction electrician, he has a hard efficiency in electrical wiring and schematic reading. Joseph had a tendency to bring work home, and Justin absorbed most of the knowledge passively. As he grew older, he began to branch out into the other fields of electrical work. His scope shrunk from skyscraper wiring to dismantling home appliances and creating his own software. Learned resistor codes, enjoyed the intricacies of soldering and circuit boards. In his late teens, he acquired a fixation for self-defensive electroshock tools and weapons. Learned how tasers ticked, prodded around cattle prods, and buried that knowledge into his own creations. His most recent creation was an electroshock glove he called "The Awe". In its most recent version, he's fashioned a simple potentiometer-based console that controls the amount of amperage he can administer.

Known Abilities: Justin has several documented accounts involving his above average intelligence. First noted at age 6, where (on a hunch) one of his teachers suggested he'd take a mental evaluation. He was reported to have had an IQ level of 103. Now at 20, his levels have seemed to plateaued at about 139, just around the "highly gifted" level of the "genius" designation. Intelligence will expand exponentially if given a chance at higher learning. His body (skin and organs, with the exception of his hair) is exceedingly resistant to generated and natural forms of plasma, as well as natural chemical reactions like fire. Cannot be burned, or subdued by electrical shock.

Finally found the time to post this!
Solid Sheet, no complaints.

Silence

Living undeath to the fullest
Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
I might be interested too, just have a question: What kind of power level (if you can call it that) is 'the norm', for lack of a better word? Is something not allowed/possible, like teleportation or being super fast?

Awan

A Thing That Happened
Mar 7, 2015
the silence said:
I might be interested too, just have a question: What kind of power level (if you can call it that) is 'the norm', for lack of a better word? Is something not allowed/possible, like teleportation or being super fast?
Theoretically there's no limit but overpowered characters tend to lead to bad writing, is what I'll say on the matter.

Silence

Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
Awan said:
the silence said:
Theoretically there's no limit but overpowered characters tend to lead to bad writing, is what I'll say on the matter.
Don't worry about that, I'm more interested in playing weaker characters anyways. Just thinking on what might fit and what not, like how the setting is designed in that way.

Awan

A Thing That Happened
Mar 7, 2015
the silence said:
Awan said:
the silence said:
Don't worry about that, I'm more interested in playing weaker characters anyways. Just thinking on what might fit and what not, like how the setting is designed in that way.
Essentially speaking, the more clinically understood and interesting the power, and the less edgy it is, the more I will like it.

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
Legal Name: Mia Riley

Place and Date of Birth: Cape May, New Jersey; May 17, 2019

Known Aliases: Stephanie Diaz, Dana Anderson, April Plaza, Carol Greer, Cheryl Greer, Nikki Hart, Ramona Spain, Kate McMullan, Danni Clarke, Alyson Marshall

Appearance: Ms. Riley has tan skin and a skinny body frame, a result of being constantly on the move. Her usual outfit consists of a black jacket and rotating dress combo that is always ditched after she moves onto the next town. The constant is emeralds. She is always wearing one piece of jewelry with an emerald on it, be it necklace, earrings or other.
Height: 5?8?
Weight: 115 lbs
Hair color: Dark brown. She has some rushed blonde streaks from her last run through the Luxor.
Hair style: Straight, down to the shoulder blade. Worn in a variety of updos when in casinos, down when she has other colors in her hair.
Eye color: Green

Psych Profile/Personality Analysis: Mia has severe trust issues and has developed the tendencies of a pathological liar as a result. She will not let anyone get close to her, and no one can agree on the name she uses. Only through cross-referencing her facial features with her high school yearbook were authorities able to get a confirmed name.

Bio: Mia was born to Emilia and Gareth Riley, inheriting her mother?s Italian looks and father?s Irish charm. The parents split up when Mia was 4, primarily due to Gareth?s gambling addiction. Every weekend Gareth was in Atlantic City, even as the ocean crept closer to the Boardwalk. After Emilia left and took the younger sister with her to Mama Chiozza?s, Gareth would take Mia with him on his junkets. The seedy owners didn't mind the kid. Gareth was a good customer.

The first time Gareth bet Mia on a roll of the dice came when she was 10. The elder Riley had a real bad night against the Triads and needed a hard 10. Mia stared at the dice and they rolled for an eternity before settling on the two fives needed. Pressed to do it again a week later for the Fiorello Family, Gareth again need the 10 but this time he watched his daughter, sure he wouldn't get that lucky twice. But Mia just stared at the dice and once again the hard 10 showed. Mia celebrated but Gareth saw something, and it led to green in his eyes.

After hearing about the Awakened people showing up around the world, Gareth tested Mia at home, urging her to set the dice to whatever combo he called out. Mia complied. The two agreed it was in their best interests to hide this talent from the world. Instead, they used Mia?s ability to wipe out Gareth?s debts in New Atlantic City, Philly and beyond. Gareth played less, but anytime the two of them needed money to cover car repairs or a vacation to Florida or a new house when the Atlantic swallowed Cape May, the two went to the tables.

Time came to pay the piper when Mia was 19. The Pannuccis were particularly miffed about a six-figure win on the roulette table and Gareth Riley was gunned down outside his Vineland garage, left to die in cold blood. When Mia found her dying father after school, he told her to take the money and run or the Pannuccis would be back. Mia stayed by Gareth?s side for comfort until he breathed his last, then packed her bag and bolted out of town.

She has spent the last three years working her way across the country, earning cash off big-city casinos and small town games alike with her ?near-psychic abilities? on the roulette and craps tables. Getting caught outside of Uncasville, Connecticut got her added to the Registry for the first time, but she pressed on after she was released. The past six months were spent living it up in Vegas with money earned off some of the biggest casinos in the world. But finally the owners were taking notice of the brunette who had an uncanny winning streak going. They sent men up to her room in the Luxor to ?dissuade? her from taking more casino money, but a warning from the bellboy who she tipped very generously gave her enough time to grab a bag and get out of Vegas. She was last seen speeding north in a rented S17, but a lot of her money was left in her room and despite the influx of sea air, the Nevada desert was still somewhat harsh...

Criminal Record: Presenting false identification to a law officer, illegal gambling.

Known Talents: Mia is real handy at math, able to quickly calculate odds and sums thanks to years of practice. She?s also able to disguise herself relatively well considering she doesn?t have shapeshifting abilities. No two ID cards have the exact same photo on them for a reason.

Known Abilities: Telekinesis - Mia has limited control with her mind over objects in her vicinity. She has remarkable control over the small objects, able to make them move at high speeds to render her efforts almost undetectable to the naked eye.

She has no idea of the full extent of her abilities, having not applied them to anything bigger than a roulette ball at the behest of her father. She couldn?t be outed as an Awakened if no one could tell she had done anything. She?s been good enough to avoid trouble so far, but with people eager to see her taken out, she might start seeing how far she can go.

Awan

A Thing That Happened
Mar 7, 2015
NeoAC said:
Legal Name: Mia Riley

Place and Date of Birth: Cape May, New Jersey; May 17, 2019

Known Aliases: Stephanie Diaz, Dana Anderson, April Plaza, Carol Greer, Cheryl Greer, Nikki Hart, Ramona Spain, Kate McMullan, Danni Clarke, Alyson Marshall

Appearance: Ms. Riley has tan skin and a skinny body frame, a result of being constantly on the move. Her usual outfit consists of a black jacket and rotating dress combo that is always ditched after she moves onto the next town. The constant is emeralds. She is always wearing one piece of jewelry with an emerald on it, be it necklace, earrings or other.
Height: 5?8?
Weight: 115 lbs
Hair color: Dark brown. She has some rushed blonde streaks from her last run through the Luxor.
Hair style: Straight, down to the shoulder blade. Worn in a variety of updos when in casinos, down when she has other colors in her hair.
Eye color: Green

Psych Profile/Personality Analysis: Mia has severe trust issues and has developed the tendencies of a pathological liar as a result. She will not let anyone get close to her, and no one can agree on the name she uses. Only through cross-referencing her facial features with her high school yearbook were authorities able to get a confirmed name.

Bio: Mia was born to Emilia and Gareth Riley, inheriting her mother?s Italian looks and father?s Irish charm. The parents split up when Mia was 4, primarily due to Gareth?s gambling addiction. Every weekend Gareth was in Atlantic City, even as the ocean crept closer to the Boardwalk. After Emilia left and took the younger sister with her to Mama Chiozza?s, Gareth would take Mia with him on his junkets. The seedy owners didn't mind the kid. Gareth was a good customer.

The first time Gareth bet Mia on a roll of the dice came when she was 10. The elder Riley had a real bad night against the Triads and needed a hard 10. Mia stared at the dice and they rolled for an eternity before settling on the two fives needed. Pressed to do it again a week later for the Fiorello Family, Gareth again need the 10 but this time he watched his daughter, sure he wouldn't get that lucky twice. But Mia just stared at the dice and once again the hard 10 showed. Mia celebrated but Gareth saw something, and it led to green in his eyes.

After hearing about the Awakened people showing up around the world, Gareth tested Mia at home, urging her to set the dice to whatever combo he called out. Mia complied. The two agreed it was in their best interests to hide this talent from the world. Instead, they used Mia?s ability to wipe out Gareth?s debts in New Atlantic City, Philly and beyond. Gareth played less, but anytime the two of them needed money to cover car repairs or a vacation to Florida or a new house when the Atlantic swallowed Cape May, the two went to the tables.

Time came to pay the piper when Mia was 19. The Pannuccis were particularly miffed about a six-figure win on the roulette table and Gareth Riley was gunned down outside his Vineland garage, left to die in cold blood. When Mia found her dying father after school, he told her to take the money and run or the Pannuccis would be back. Mia stayed by Gareth?s side for comfort until he breathed his last, then packed her bag and bolted out of town.

She has spent the last three years working her way across the country, earning cash off big-city casinos and small town games alike with her ?near-psychic abilities? on the roulette and craps tables. Getting caught outside of Uncasville, Connecticut got her added to the Registry for the first time, but she pressed on after she was released. The past six months were spent living it up in Vegas with money earned off some of the biggest casinos in the world. But finally the owners were taking notice of the brunette who had an uncanny winning streak going. They sent men up to her room in the Luxor to ?dissuade? her from taking more casino money, but a warning from the bellboy who she tipped very generously gave her enough time to grab a bag and get out of Vegas. She was last seen speeding north in a rented S17, but a lot of her money was left in her room and despite the influx of sea air, the Nevada desert was still somewhat harsh...

Criminal Record: Presenting false identification to a law officer, illegal gambling.

Known Talents: Mia is real handy at math, able to quickly calculate odds and sums thanks to years of practice. She?s also able to disguise herself relatively well considering she doesn?t have shapeshifting abilities. No two ID cards have the exact same photo on them for a reason.

Known Abilities: Telekinesis - Mia has limited control with her mind over objects in her vicinity. She has remarkable control over the small objects, able to make them move at high speeds to render her efforts almost undetectable to the naked eye.

She has no idea of the full extent of her abilities, having not applied them to anything bigger than a roulette ball at the behest of her father. She couldn?t be outed as an Awakened if no one could tell she had done anything. She?s been good enough to avoid trouble so far, but with people eager to see her taken out, she might start seeing how far she can go.
Solid sheet, approved!

Awan

A Thing That Happened
Mar 7, 2015
Entries will be closing and the opening post will be submitted after Lost In The Void posts his sheet and it is finalised. If your sheet has been read and considered 'solid', please join the group. Anyone who has not joined the group by the time Lost in the Void has tomorrow will be considered not in the RP.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Okay, clicked the "join group" option on the group page. Do I have to wait for anything?

EDIT: Never mind, think I got it.

Silence

Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
Legal Name: Dana Roth

Place and Date of Birth: Hamburg, Germany; December 2017

Known Aliases: -

Appearance: Ms. Roth has light skin and medium-length blonde hair. Her eyes are usually covered. She is tall, with an average build. She wears common clothes, usually what is currently a trend.

Psych Profile/Personality Analysis: Depressive personality. No diagnosis of depression, but having little self-confidence. Usually tries to fit into normal society, but her limitations and powers both prevent her from truly fitting in, or even feel like fitting in if she gets accepted in a community.

Bio: Dana Roth was born to Walter and Irene Roth in Hamburg, Germany. Her childhood went by without any incident known to be relevant to the AHP Act Profile.
Was diagnosed with a rare genetic disorder causing rapid loss of vision at the age of 12. Soon her powers developed, first known to the AHP after an incident of using a high-pitched scream to cause the shattering of some windows at her parent's house. Dropped out of her school soon after, being educated mostly at home and a short time at an Awakened Residential School. Being known to leave her house without any guiding aides at a few occasions later, producing different kinds of sounds at times. [Due to no further incidents the observation was limited to reports of troubled neighbours.]
Immigration to Canada in 2039, possibly to find employment and start a new life.

Current status: being unemployed, living in different appartments in Vancouver, Canada.

Criminal Record: None.

Known Talents: Ms. Roth possesses above average intelligence. She has a good voice, being able to produce a wide variety of imitations, as well as being able to sing extraordinarily well. No public appearances as a singer are known, however.

Known Abilities: Wave Manipulation - Ms. Roth is able to 'feel' different kind of waves, like soundwaves and radiowaves. She is also able to manipulate them in a limited capacity, like increasing or decreasing the frequency. One theory is that she uses an enhanced type of echolocation. The full extent of her power is unknown, possibly even to herself.