DayZ Beta Not Coming Until End of 2014

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
SimpleThunda said:
Look at it from the bright side.

If they'll actually be working hard on developing the game, you'll be getting new and free content a lot.
Yeah. But it's Rocket. So the content will probably be realistic bowel movements.

SoulChaserJ

Sep 21, 2009
Soviet Steve said:
SoulChaserJ said:
How about when the game is actually finished. Not when I feel like buying. I support developers by buying into early access on games I like but I understand the pitfalls. Sorry, I prefer to be objective rather than calling everyone else wrong and my one way right.
So within the same sentence you're suggesting that your way is the only right one and then denounce me for doing that, even though I don't advocate buying now (I wait until the reduced price) - I merely point our that it's not the developers fault that some people feel that nobody will be playing this game come final release.

If you want to be completely objective about this you'd have to demonstrate how they'd turn a higher profit not selling it while the concept is still highly popular, as the sole responsibility of a company is to maximize profits.
If you truly believe that building a stronger community and sustaining excitement for a game wouldn't maximize profit then I don't have much else to say. Again, selling the ability to Alpha/Beta test a game is enticing for some and others it gives a very false opinion. Also if you look at the amount of people that buy in vs the amount that play or continue to play the numbers are usually pretty different. Again, I'm not against early access in its entirety, just the growing trend that games spend far to long in alpha/beta and still release a buggy final. If you want to see a good example of how this truly works, look at a game like Awesomenauts. They started with 6 characters and funded their way to 15 and now a DLC. They've directly used the funds and evolved the game over time but each phase involved releasing a working product and then adding more. Not constantly updating a buggy mess of a game. No it's not the most popular game but it's been sustained and bolstered over the last 3 years. So I'm sure Ronimo is still turning a profit on the game. Ask anyone that plays it and if they launched with all 15 characters, the game would have been crap.