DBZA is over now! This is not a prank! I repeat, this is not a prank!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

TFS has decided to end it. While sad, it's understandable. Thank you for 11 years of entertainment guys and gals. Good luck and best wishes to your new interests and other projects. I hate Buu saga anyway, so them ending it at the Cell saga feels like a complete ending. Besides, if I ever need more Dragonball stories and what ifs, there is always MasakoX's channel.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Guess I will check it out. Abridged series usually stop halfway. Has there ever been an abridged series that actually concluded? Yugioh abridged could pull it of if little kuriboh decides to do the last 2 seasons.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Marik2 said:
Guess I will check it out. Abridged series usually stop halfway. Has there ever been an abridged series that actually concluded? Yugioh abridged could pull it of if little kuriboh decides to do the last 2 seasons.
Hellsing Abridged was completed and that started in 2011.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Honestly, it's the right call. With the Cell Saga it ends on a high note (both in the context of DBZ, and for Team Four Star's writing), and at 11 years the project's sheer timeframe is much greater than it ever had any right to reach in light of its actual output and status as a passion project. That, and in all frankness it's probably been more than a little questionable whether or not it actually qualifies as a protected parody/fair use for some time now, so I'm relieved to see that they're moving to other projects.

So again, I'd say this is the right call. I'm content with them ending with the Cell Games, and I hope to see them behind the helm of an independent IP in the future.

Smithnikov_v1legacy

May 7, 2016
Good to see them stop while they were ahead. They've got a pretty rock solid legacy to look back on, and they earned all of the praise they've received.

Now that it's been out of the way, PLEASE FINISH DUB OF THE NORTH STAR, SOMEONE!

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Smithnikov said:
Good to see them stop while they were ahead. They've got a pretty rock solid legacy to look back on, and they earned all of the praise they've received.

Now that it's been out of the way, PLEASE FINISH DUB OF THE NORTH STAR, SOMEONE!
But if they do that, won't that rob us all of the joke that the dub is already dead?

...I'll see myself out.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
I understand the decision and we got more than anyone could've reasonably expected.

While I never thought they'd do the whole Buu saga, I was hoping they'd maybe do a few more of the movies tho.

Nuuu

Jan 28, 2011
bluegate said:
Someone care to summarize their decision in a sentence?
They got burned out, and it affected their writing too much to continue in good faith.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Nuuu said:
They got burned out, and it affected their writing too much to continue in good faith.
Plus there were things in the background like other opportunities that working on a parody like this affected due to copyright concerns that they've been fighting with for years.

Overall, good on them. I was interested in S4, but I honestly think it ended on a perfectly good note and I am pleased with the result. Not gonna stay subbed though since their other content isn't what I was there for besides Hellsing Abridged, but I appreciate everything they've done. Once I'm done re-watching my current thing it might be time to give this a re-watch

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Considering how downright bizarre the Buu saga could get I don't know what they could've done to parody it. The saga was pretty much a parody of DBZ as it was, especially before Super Buu showed up.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Good to see that it is civil on here (majority agreed with their descesion).

Their Twitter is abit on fire. Needless to says, it shows which fans are there for the Abridge series only or are there for their content!

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
I'm sad to hear about this, same as when I realized that Yugioh probably wasn't gonna finish, but I'm happy to hear the team is gonna keep pumpin out good stuff. I've only ever faced one project that lasted about 6 years, and never any longer. I can't imagine how heartbreaking and relieving it must be to bring an end to something that's been going on for more than a decade. Hopefully they see more success as time goes on.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
CoCage said:
Marik2 said:
No... no way it was that long ago.

I need to lay down.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Zeraki said:
CoCage said:
Marik2 said:

I need to lay down.
I know this is late to ask, but are you feeling ok?

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
CoCage said:
Zeraki said:
CoCage said:
Marik2 said:

I need to lay down.
I know this is late to ask, but are you feeling ok?
Oh I'm fine, just realizing the passage of time is way too fast.