DC Comics Rebooting Entire Universe Back to #1

wikiman

Oct 5, 2010
Aisaku said:
wikiman said:
Power Girl. Crap.
Well it isn't too hard, her orgin story changes ewery few years, but since we established that stories discarded by mighty DC editors are not important...

Power Girl is Kara-Zor L, cousin of Superman from planet Krypton set in another universe. Since it was alternate version of Krypton, she is not affected by kryptonite, wich is deadly to our Superman. Now she resides in New York, divides her time between leading a group of superheroes called Justice Society, living under secret idenity of Karen Starr, CEO of Starr Industries, and fights crime in a very thight uniform.

Come on, somebody ask me about Batman. It will be fun explaining this whole "Batman INC" thing.
And your description is pretty much all the points towards retconning her out of existence... points against, she's the poster girl for cheesecake in the DCU.

I do wonder about Batman Inc... I mean I read the pre Final Crisis Morrison run and I thought it was excellent. So I'm assuming it's just as good?
Morrison is a kind of writer, you either love or hate. If Morrisons Batman was your cup of tea, you will love Batman Inc.

wikiman

Oct 5, 2010
Good news : Damian Wayne is safe.
Bad news : Dick is no longer Batman

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/dcnu-detective-batman-titles-110606.html

BrainFromArous

Aug 22, 2006
Continuity at both Marvel and DC has become such an incoherent, boring, frustrating, cynical treadmill of bait-and-switch fraudulence and pseudo-drama that the only way for writers to tell a good story is to actively quarantine themselves from the main books.

Post-Rebirth GL and GLC succeeded precisely because they were IIIIIN SPAAAAACE and safely removed from the shitpile that is DC's primary continuity. Johns could set up new alliances, opponents and origins, intro a great new comic-relief villain (Larfleeze) and so on without having to carry the water for a decades-long, self-contradictory meta-backstory which eats it's own guts with every RetCon and renders even the most iconic characters trivial or unrecognizable.

Marvel did the same with their "Annihilation Saga." By throwing the story out into space, the writers could have some fun with long-dormant, space-themed characters and do a grand space opera of conflict, loss and heroism without polluting it with X-Crap or the like.

That's why I embrace the DC Reboot. The old continuity must be abandoned. Don't bother planning any kind of rescue mission; there's nothing left to save.

Take off and nuke the site from orbit.