DC Universe Online Players Flock to PS3

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
Lunar Templar said:
but yeah, that was another issue i had with DCUO, i go from Vindictus and its very twitch based 'you vill learn ze enemy's patter or YOU VILL SUFFER!!', to DCUO and >.> its 30 levels of 'k, block now, now attack, k, block again' easy mode, then having it sudden spike in difficulty. though DCUO has its 'cool down' issues to, they aren't bad, but they are there, and its annoying.
My problem going from Vindictus to DCUO was less that and more that it was loose and floaty in comparison. DCUO has very active, "actiony" combat...for an MMO. Vindictus just has very tight, responsive combat, period. I think I didn't mind the PVE enemies not being terribly bright early in the game in DCUO because I was playing on a PVP server, and anyone of any level can attack anyone else of the other faction. Even if you're only dealing with people of equal level, they're smarter and stronger than quest mobs, they're going to gang up on you, and they're going to be dicks about it, and you're going to have to learn how to deal with it much more quickly than playing unmolested. I get that a lot of people don't like stuff like that, but I feel like the game is missing a lot with that part taken out.

Lunar Templar said:
i also TOTALLY, 300% hear you on the grind in Vin, i've pretty much given up on TRYING to get any of the highest level armors due to ether INSANE requirements (NOTHING NEEDS 90 OF ANY ONE ITEM >.<) or how ridiculously rare the drops are. but not like DCUO is much better, needing like 400+ marks, per set (i think, been awhile since i looked) and, can only get x amount of marks per day, and the better sets have less content to fork over said marks.

honestly >.> if i bust my ass farming mats for a set, i wanna be able to enjoy it, and i can't really say there was ever the same sense of pride for collecting a full set in DCUO like there was in Vindictus. it was always just 'on to the next set'.
At first I would try to get the max number of marks per day in DCUO, but I realized that would get old in a hurry and just did the dailies plus maybe a little more other stuff if I felt like it. It doesn't take that much longer in the end, and it feels a lot less tedious. I guess they've gotten rid of it at this point, but Vindictus also had that lame token system when I played before, so there was only so much you could do at a time in that game too.

I personally had more fun completing sets in DCUO and just collecting styles in general, just because of the sheer ridiculousness of the costumes you could put together, but that's a matter of taste. More games need to use that style/appearance system and let you wear eq for the stats but have the appearance of anything you've ever previously equipped at no cost, changing the color and everything. I can waste far too much time playing with that trying to make something even sillier than the last one. Heh.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Nalgas D. Lemur said:
At first I would try to get the max number of marks per day in DCUO, but I realized that would get old in a hurry and just did the dailies plus maybe a little more other stuff if I felt like it. It doesn't take that much longer in the end, and it feels a lot less tedious. I guess they've gotten rid of it at this point, but Vindictus also had that lame token system when I played before, so there was only so much you could do at a time in that game too.
they got rid of the tokens a LONG TIME ago, though all the level 60 (and one lvl 50 solo only mission) raids are limited to one successful run a day, or once a week (i think) in the case of the 24 man raids

I personally had more fun completing sets in DCUO and just collecting styles in general, just because of the sheer ridiculousness of the costumes you could put together, but that's a matter of taste. More games need to use that style/appearance system and let you wear eq for the stats but have the appearance of anything you've ever previously equipped at no cost, changing the color and everything. I can waste far too much time playing with that trying to make something even sillier than the last one. Heh.
hehe, i hear you there, i've spent HOURS in CoH's costume editor thing just making outfits, i donno though, even finishing a harder to find set didn't have the same feeling of accomplishment that finishing my Fiona's lvl 60 Titan set did, or hell, when my friend GAVE me the Chiulin (read: one of those set that is a royal pain to get).

i think that has to do with the amount of work that goes into getting the sets in Vin VS the random drops in DCUO, plus, the randomness kinda makes collecting pesky, and more grindy then it needs to be for a vanity item