De Blob 2 Review

Rafe

Apr 18, 2009
Nice review! Does anyone else get a vibe of the game spreading the message of multiculturalism? Looks like the Nazi ink folk are trying to make everything of the same quality be eradicating colours or other races as it were. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
ShaggyEdiddy214 said:
maninahat said:
ShaggyEdiddy214 said:
How come there is never a game when your the big "bad" corporations who wanna be jerks?
How come I can never roast a puppy but help a lady across the street?
Who makes the rules that I can't make people sad and have billboards that say "OBEY!"
But noooooo.These so-called "freedom fighters" are just tops!
That would make you're character a tad overpowered when you have all the weapons, money and power at your disposal, and you are up against a handful of dudes with pipe bombs and manly stubble.

Saying that, isn't that America's role in all those anti-taliban/anti-vietnamese FPS?
EXACTLY! Who needs hard work and collectable finding when you have all the nukes.
Plus just look at link he is fighting a huge boar/man with more muscle power and an army but even though Ganon is overpowered he still manages to get impaled in the forehead.
(Or more recently in Twilight Princess getting his neck snapped by his ally)
Are there any games out there that feature a *nice* corperation? They are invariably portrayed as money grabbing, corrupt psychos. What if you worked for a down to earth, family business for once?

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
The time limit does seem rather odd and superflous... but all in all, a nice looking basic game.

KEM10

Oct 22, 2008
Now, I never played De Blob 1, will I get lost in the story in the second game?

Miral

Random Lurker
Jun 6, 2008
ShaggyEdiddy214 said:
How come there is never a game when your the big "bad" corporations who wanna be jerks?
How come I can never roast a puppy but help a lady across the street?
Who makes the rules that I can't make people sad and have billboards that say "OBEY!"
But noooooo.These so-called "freedom fighters" are just tops!
In SimCity Societies you can make an authoritarian government, including the OBEY signs and brainwashing centres. (Not that I'd recommend actually playing that game.)

If you want a game in which you play the bad guy, then I'd recommend Dungeon Keeper and Overlord.

Vuirneen

Nov 16, 2009
I played the demo for the first one and got motion sick. Is that any better with the second?

Vuirneen

Nov 16, 2009
maninahat said:
Are there any games out there that feature a *nice* corperation? They are invariably portrayed as money grabbing, corrupt psychos. What if you worked for a down to earth, family business for once?
Casual Game sequels. Usually by the end of the first one, you have a global business, so in at least one of the sequels, you'll play NiceCorp!(TM).

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
KEM10 said:
Now, I never played De Blob 1, will I get lost in the story in the second game?
Nah, the doesn't matter a bit. You might not get every last reference, but you don't need to. You'll be able to follow along just fine.

Miral

Random Lurker
Jun 6, 2008
ShaggyEdiddy214 said:
Now Overlord could work cause I just got an Xbox360 recently and I sure as heck wasnt gonna play the cutesy stubby character Wii version me previously only being a Wii gamer.
Probably a wise move. The Overlord game for Wii is kinda fun but it's not very deep, and it's quite buggy. (I haven't played the X360 versions of the main games, though; I played those on PC too.)

merman

Jul 15, 2010
Playing this myself at the moment, and enjoying it. It does get a bit frustrating on the later levels, but it's such a great change of pace/colour from virtually every other game out there...

ischmalud

Feb 5, 2011
should ibe worried if thats the funniest game ive seen/played in years??? or is that just a sad sign how monotonous or average "core" gamer title has become??

kingofcrash63

Apr 10, 2011
I played, beet (100% obviously) the NDS version of this same game...and i'm dissapointed with myself! i bought this version thinking, "might as well try it" and i did and found it WAY to easy. i mean the only way it could be easier is if it had cameras that you collect and use the camera on the dsi to take pictures of certen colors and eventually get the ability to change color at will...OH WAIT!!:mad: God the ds game suckes, and i'm really sorry to say that becuse i expected based off the 1st game that the maker's would acually put some effort into the portable version and i also forsaw humungus amounts of potential but no. it just plain out sucked, and now that i saw this review, i'm seriously confused as to whether i send a trojan to halfbrick or just find the guy in charge of the ds game and break his little neck!! COME ON, i expected nothing more than a fun little game for kids that everyone could enjoy like the last one!!! so to take out my anger, i'm preparing that little "gift" for halfbrick in case they decide to make a 3rd installment in this series that will also be out for multiple platforms, so if the next installment i buy does not AT LEAST kick more @$$ then CHUCK NORRIS, halfbrick goes bye-bye. i'm also very seriouse about this.