de-rez: Number 9

the_geordie

Mar 2, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
ElArabDeMagnifico said:
Oh yeah, I didn't understand the GTA help-line one, anyone want to help out a thick-head like me? Please?
I think it's a poke at Yahtzee having his games delivered so slow and also the really large fixing patch.
The Australian versions of GTA4 is an edited version of the game to comply with Australia's strict classification system (which does not have any R18+ ratings available).

BTW, great episode. Loved all the sketches, but liked the Aussie one best!

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
the_geordie said:
The Australian versions of GTA4 is an edited version of the game to comply with Australia's strict classification system (which does not have any R18+ ratings available).

BTW, great episode. Loved all the sketches, but liked the Aussie one best!
Oh thanks, I'm surprised I didn't catch that - now I like the sketch a lot more. Nice one De-Rez.

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
Archon said:
The culmination of this trend being high-priced MMO characters for sale.
It feels more like the use of drop-hacks in games like wc3. I mean, in WoW you'd buy a character to save you the time of having to level it up if you're already an experienced player who wants to try another class or something. But inferior players using drop-hacks to get ranked, what are they gaining exactly? They can't compete up there. The only thing they're doing is watching a number on their statistics screen tick up : P

nekolux

Apr 7, 2008
OH!!! This was awesome, it was one of your best if not the best yet. The resident evil one is definitely on par with this one but well, they had different ' styles ' ... pssh digressing i am! awesome vid keep it up!

Karisse

Apr 16, 2008
Archon said:
I personally liked the Self-Playing Console, if only because it reminds me of so many gamers (myself included) who get so sucked into the "accomplishment" of finishing a game (especially MMO leveling) that they lose sight of actually playing it. The culmination of this trend being high-priced MMO characters for sale.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Also, I loved the Jack Thompson sketch, and the Russian Roulette was good (both times). The party thing had potential, but it just didn't deliver for me (or maybe I don't want to admit it hit close too home >.<).

I think this series is definitely improving in leaps and bounds. When I first saw their Hitman episode, I just couldn't understand why this was even on the Escapist. Then I saw the Resident Evil episode and thought it was a long, albeit it wobbly, step in the right direction, and the steps only got steadier and faster with the Duke Nukem and News episodes.

All in all, great work; I'm looking forward to the next episode.

Aries_Split

May 12, 2008
Bravo, I've followed De-Rez from the start, but I just have to applaud this. While the party scene was rather slow, you masterfully built up the first skit just to end it with an awesome punchline at the end, I felt the jack thompson one could have been handled better, but the self playing console was good, not great, but good.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
This is awesome, you guys are improving. I really liked that Jack Thompson bit, "mmmnnn... Baileys" will forever be ingrained into my mind.

legares

Mar 7, 2008
I see people saying that the series just keeps improving but I don't see it. Sure they have a couple of good jokes here and there but the overall videos are not funny\boring\abysmal. I don't understand why they keep making these.

Melaisis

Dec 9, 2007
I like the Jack Thompson parody; at least this time it was related to recent news and was cleverly done without being weird (as your other sketches tend to be). Keep topical, guys.

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
In the self Playing console segment Chris Slack still had some dirt/paint on his face from the Australian/New Zealand scene. It made me laugh the most I think. That is saying a lot as the video was (as always) very fun.

Break

And you are?
Sep 10, 2007
Booze Zombie said:
This is awesome, you guys are improving. I really liked that Jack Thompson bit, "mmmnnn... Baileys" will forever be ingrained into my mind.
I'm pretty sure that was a Mighty Boosh reference. Old Gregg is great. Kind of surprising to see, so I might be wrong.