de-rez: Searching for Gordon Freeman

Jiki

Jan 21, 2008
Wow, this is seriously growing into something to wait for. At first I was skeptical as a few others here, but the last 2 videos have shown that these guys have some talent. It was humorous throughout and I even laughed out loud quite a few times (like the Gravity Gun commercial :D). Lets just hope they'll use their talent wisely in their next videos also. :p

the_geordie

Mar 2, 2008
It is obvious that you are working to a low (if not zero?) budget, and hence have limited resources with respect to actors, props, equipment, and especially time.
Given this, and the fact that successful comedy is, IMHO, the hardest film genre, the
quality of your films (script, concept, editing, etc) is amazing.
I lol'd many times on this one.

SimzNI13

Mar 2, 2008
I noticed the Northern Irish accent from the camera man. Where you lads from? Belfast, I'm guessing. Good to see us Northern Paddies doing a bit of Video game related stuff. Nice. I did prefere the Resident Evil One better and is that voice put on? Kinda drives me mad!

SirCannonFodder

Nov 23, 2007
immortal88 said:
JOE COOL said:
immortal88 said:
I'm also not quite sure what the beer was for? I mean I understand that you wanted to give it to him, but why? Maybe I missed something.
You stupid son of a bi....................................

Remember in Half Life 1 the Barney's are offering him a beer. How about you play the game again.
Alright, no reason to get hostile, just didn't catch the reference. That might be because he's not impersonating Barney, and hence owes no one a beer. But yeh, that's probably the reference. Keep in mind it's been 10 years since I played the first one, though there is apparently another reference to it in the 2nd one that I vaguely remember.
Yeah, he says "Now, about that beer I owe you." when he takes off the combine mask at the beginning.

Lightbulb

Oct 28, 2007
I preferred the Resi one but not too bad.. Some funny moments - a lot of "Oh god this is awful moments too..."

AdventSugar

Mar 3, 2008
Next time your in SD((San Diego)) I will buy you a beer. For being a good soldier and having good video game reference.

Arm_Wild

Apr 3, 2008
"Gordon, so help me God you are going to drink this beer."

Dunno why I found that line so darn funny.

EtherAMP

Feb 12, 2008
Well, this video is now broken.

For some reason, it cuts off at 6:51, right as they're about to meet Gordon. Disappointing.

Colodomoko

Feb 22, 2008
BrunDeign said:
I know the ending is the best part. That and when they steal the Combine soldier's stuff.
Dont forget when he owns the guy with the gravity gun.

Oh-Wiseone

Jun 9, 2008
Pretty funny stuff, some of the jokes were obvious and the length that they took to reach their end broke up the funny moments. For example the opening scenes where you kept pointing your finger at the camera and "didn't realize the camera was on" gags were predictable and once I knew the joke I just wanted the video to move on.
But funny stuff nonetheless.

Copter400

Sep 14, 2007
Guys, the last chunk of the video is now missing. Dave walking up to Gordon's house, then nothing. 'Cept the commercials.