Dead Grey Art Day

Malbourne

Ari!
Sep 4, 2013
Really great artwork! Fall is far and away the best of seasons.

And if spiritual currency is a thing, there's some cashing-in I need to do.

Varya

Elvish Ambassador
Nov 23, 2009
Neato, a Megatokyo reference. I was under the impression that at least Grey wasn't much of a fan.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
TizzytheTormentor said:
Wow, a leaf, so artsy, so meaningful!
You've been looking at doge lately, haven't you?

OT: They grow up so fast.

Well, okay, the comic has been ongoing for a few years, but still... very impressive stuff.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Weaver said:
hnnnnnnnnnnnng so cute!
Fall is my favourite season!
Quoted for truth! Fall, or Autumn as we like to call it here, is clearly the best season.

I love this. When looking at nothing but Critical Miss comic strips all week it's easy to forget that Cory's a pretty damn good artist.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Varya said:
Neato, a Megatokyo reference. I was under the impression that at least Grey wasn't much of a fan.
I'm not. It's kind of my go-to "lazy as fuck" reference.

Edit: For everyone asking for Wallpaper versions. Here [http://i.picpar.com/mEx.jpg]

Rip Van Rabbit

~ UNLIMITED RULEBOOK ~
Apr 17, 2012
KAWAII <3

(^___^)

[hr]

Please shoot me after saying that.

On to zee topic: That's very beautiful! I'm loving the detail and colour palette.

Varya

Elvish Ambassador
Nov 23, 2009
Grey Carter said:
Varya said:
I'm not. It's kind of my go-to "lazy as fuck" reference.

Edit: For everyone asking for Wallpaper versions. Here [http://i.picpar.com/mEx.jpg]
Can't really argue with you, but since Megatokyo was the comic that opened the door to a lot of the things I am interested in today, I still think of it fondly. Kinda in the same way that even though I know Donnie Darko is kinda shit, it was one of the first movies to expand my horizons, so I still respect it.

wAriot

Jan 18, 2013
Those are the ugliest headphones ever. What's up the shape of the headband? And who the hell rolls the wire like that?

1/10 comic wouldn't even use as toilet paper.

Aug 31, 2012
wAriot said:
Those are the ugliest headphones ever. What's up the shape of the headband? And who the hell rolls the wire like that?

1/10 comic wouldn't even use as toilet paper.
I tried. Now my monitor smells bad.

Zak757

Oct 12, 2013
TizzytheTormentor said:
The leaf in the NERV logo is much less deep and meaningful! Evangelion can't even compare!

I hope Critical Miss goes back to Erin hallucinating video game characters soon, I feel it's what separated this webcomic from the rest. Also, Grey, if you want some controversial material that could hurt our tum-tums, Kill la Kill is low hanging fruit. Just sayin'.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
It's cool.

And to think, this comic had the artistic capacity of a generic boy-band album. I really like this comic's "art" days.

LeenaV

Jun 20, 2013
You know, Erin gets portrayed as a tough-as-nails cynic with perhaps some self-destructive tendencies, but certain comics and even one-panels (such as that "too hot" one a month or two back) shows a side of her that can be very attractive. It's not just that she's got a cute hairdo and sparkling green eyes (often filled with hate), but also the sense that a lot of the violence and anger she harbors is simply a blowback of the things that are tossed her way. A product of her environment, if you will, and given the chance she could actually become a very good person and a joy to be around.

More likely, though, she'll level half the company with a misplaced glare. C'est la vie.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Zak757 said:
TizzytheTormentor said:
The leaf in the NERV logo is much less deep and meaningful! Evangelion can't even compare!

I hope Critical Miss goes back to Erin hallucinating video game characters soon, I feel it's what separated this webcomic from the rest. Also, Grey, if you want some controversial material that could hurt our tum-tums, Kill la Kill is low hanging fruit. Just sayin'.
We could make it like Zero Punctuation where people request games/characters to be mocked. Although I think Kill la Kill would be a little too obscure unless they went with a generic joke about bikini armour and such. Even then there'd be more well known examples that'd mean more people got it.

I want Erin to meet the cast of GTA IV personally.