Dead Rising on the Wii..........Didn't see that one coming

shadow skill

Oct 12, 2007
See link here:http://darkzero.co.uk/game-news/dead-rising-coming-to-wii/ Seems like an odd choice to me, but it's good that the Wii will be getting a real game in the near future. Wonder if the fanboy's will all start crying about how the 360 is doomed because it lost this exclusive etc......

KamikazeSailor

Jun 10, 2008
I didn't think a lot of people liked this game... such a huge learning curve and so hard to get into, the majority of people who would fall into "fanboy" category probably never bothered to play this game more than a couple of minutes...

What a great game, though, totally underrated... so much fun to be had in that mall :)

Kinda weird it took them this long to port it over to the Wii, although I suppose you really gotta use that motion controller and he has SO MANY motions... Would actually be an interesting game to play on the Wii, I think... a lot of fun movements and swinging of the axes and plopping masks on zombies and such...

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
well there goes my reason to get a 360 now, that was the only game that i would get a 360 for

guess i got more reasons to get a wii now

J'aen

Jul 6, 2008
Good for them. I imagine wielding the weapons with the Wiimote is pretty fun.

j1-2themax

Jun 30, 2008
Imo, Capcom should be working on Dead Rising 2, not porting the original, which is roughly 2 years old, to another console.

J'aen

Jul 6, 2008
Pfft, like they'll do a sequel when there's Resident Evil 4.1 (AKA Resident Evil 5) to finish and Resident Evil 4.2 (AKA Resident Evil 6) to begin.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
shadow skill said:
See link here:http://darkzero.co.uk/game-news/dead-rising-coming-to-wii/ Seems like an odd choice to me, but it's good that the Wii will be getting a real game in the near future. Wonder if the fanboy's will all start crying about how the 360 is doomed because it lost this exclusive etc......
Haven't you learned? Fanboys never say anything negative about their own console!

Besides, Xbox 360 fanboys generally only fight PS3 fanboys.

J'aen

Jul 6, 2008
It's because Xbox 360 and PS3 have roughly the same target audience, and share a lot of games.

JaguarWong

Jun 5, 2008
There is no way in the world the Wii could run Dead Rising as we know it... is there?

I'm thinking Dead Rising - The Rail Shooter.
Just remember I fucking called it.

I'm probably wrong though - Capcoms Wii efforts have been pretty smart so far.

J'aen

Jul 6, 2008
Nintendo seem to focus on Japan a lot more than Europe and America. Microsoft and Sony, on the other hand, are intelligent, so they don't treat the majority of gamers like shit just because of where they live.

Knowing this, many developers keep games off the Wii because they know they'll sell sod all outside of Japan.

Or at least, that's how I understand it.

bunkymag

Jun 11, 2008
J'aen said:
Nintendo seem to focus on Japan a lot more than Europe and America. Microsoft and Sony, on the other hand, are intelligent, so they don't treat the majority of gamers like shit just because of where they live.

Knowing this, many developers keep games off the Wii because they know they'll sell sod all outside of Japan.

Or at least, that's how I understand it.
Whether or not your analysis is true, "not-intelligent" Nintendo has been winning the sales race all over the world to this point..

Of course I live in Japan, so best of both worlds ^^

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
shadow skill said:
This story reaks suspiciously of bullshit.

Korhal

Jun 9, 2008
shadow skill said:
Wonder if the fanboy's will all start crying about how the 360 is doomed because it lost this exclusive etc......
I'm pretty sure this "exclusive" stopped selling XBoxes a long time ago. I hope its good though... maybe they'll fix some of the frustrating bugs and glitches from the XBox version.

J'aen

Jul 6, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Huh. I wonder what brought this on? I mean, this doesn't seem the logical choice, to bring a game about murderous zombies onto the system seen as the kiddie system, or one with a steep difficulty curve onto the platform for casuals.
Just because it has a lot of kiddy/casual games, doesn't mean it has no mature games at all.

Korhal

Jun 9, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Huh. I wonder what brought this on? I mean, this doesn't seem the logical choice, to bring a game about murderous zombies onto the system seen as the kiddie system, or one with a steep difficulty curve onto the platform for casuals.
*cough* Really? Resident Evil? Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem on the GameCube? That new one on the DS that I can't remember the name of? Nintendo has had quite a few survival horror games over the years... and Dead Rising is way less scary and more... goofy than any of those.

Gahars

Feb 4, 2008
I loved this game, despite all of its faults

So I'm glad that this game may find a new audience to love it.

Good for you, Dead Rising.