Dead Space 2 Demo Coming This Month

Numachuka

Sep 3, 2010
Does this give anyone the feeling that the finished product will just be another shitty port if they aren't going to release a demo for it on PC?

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
GAGRGAHRGAHHARARARAAAGHGAAAGHAGA PC RAAAAGE

Anyway, it's really too bad that there's not going to be a PC demo, but if they take to time to make the game right on Pc... I'm fine with that. Maybe I'll play the demo on 360 and just buy the PC version anyway.

ph0b0s123

Jul 7, 2010
Assassin Xaero said:
PC - No demo, no renting... Spend $50 (sometimes $60 now) on a game, don't like it, and you're shit outta luck.

Console - Try a demo, rent the game, then spend $60 on it. Still don't like it or decide later you don't? Sell it back to Gamestop, and you might even get half that back.
And they wonder why the PC market becomes less or piracy is rife. I understand making a PC demo may be a pain with all the extra testing for all hardware combinations needed. But you have to spend some money to make some money. There are hardly any demos for PC games anymore.

As I said I unserstand why, but it gets circular, no demo's -> less PC games sold -> lees incentive to make demos, and so on....

After the mouse problems of the last one, I will be really making sure this is fixed before parting with any money. Which is a shame as apart from the god awfull mouse controls the first games was really good and very scary.

And we really should have some come back for bugged games as this is also more likely to happen on the PC.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
ph0b0s123 said:
Assassin Xaero said:
PC - No demo, no renting... Spend $50 (sometimes $60 now) on a game, don't like it, and you're shit outta luck.

Console - Try a demo, rent the game, then spend $60 on it. Still don't like it or decide later you don't? Sell it back to Gamestop, and you might even get half that back.
And they wonder why the PC market becomes less or piracy is rife. I understand making a PC demo may be a pain with all the extra testing for all hardware combinations needed. But you have to spend some money to make some money. There are hardly any demos for PC games anymore.

As I said I unserstand why, but it gets circular, no demo's -> less PC games sold -> lees incentive to make demos, and so on....

After the mouse problems of the last one, I will be really making sure this is fixed before parting with any money. Which is a shame as apart from the god awfull mouse controls the first games was really good and very scary.
I'd even be happy with a demo released along with the game, or even something like Plants vs Zombies and a few other games did: you get the full version of the game with the "demo", but you can only play it for an hour, then it locks itself or something.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
I greatly enjoyed the original Dead Space. While I wouldn't exactly call it "scary", it is a good introduction towards the survival horror franchise for beginners and the atmosphere gave the whole game a really haunting feel to it that I just loved. The space sections where you only hear soft thuds and Issac's breathing are especially cool.

Can't wait to try out the demo and subsequently get my hands on the full game. I doubt I'll ever get into "hardcore" horror games like Silent Hill or Amnesia: The Dark Decent, but at least I can pretend I am :D

EmzOLV

Oct 20, 2010
I'm so looking forward to this that I may actually cream my pants!
So going to download this demo the second it comes out. Time to get the popcorn in!!

Serenegoose

Faerie girl in hiding
Mar 17, 2009
Dead Space was great, and Dead Space two is looking like a rare day 1 purchase for me, but when developers refuse to release demos and so on, it only adds fuel to the fire that maybe they themselves are trying to kill the PC - offer substandard service long enough and hope to drive people consolewards. It won't work, but you have to wonder at precisely why they opt to deliberately provide worse service.