Dead Space 2 Dev Gives the Game the Minecraft Treatment

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Mazty said:
Won't lie, that wouldn't convince me to buy either Minecraft of Dead Space 2.
Okay. Poor you.

OT: I adore the music. I'm now going to hunt it down and put it on my iPod to terrify people with.

Devil's Due

Sep 27, 2008
Just for my fellow Escapists out there, the written words he wrote in the beginning is obviously "DeadCraft", with next "Make Us Whole," yet the rest is too inconsistent to decipher without truly looking rather thoroughly , as I know how to write and read the Dead Space's Unitology, since it's honestly a fun code for fans of the series, looks cool, and is completely confusing to any outsiders. (I also learned a bit of Morse Code, how to write and read Cursive, etc and whatnot fluently in my own time out of boredom to learn more styles of writing and codes, as they're rather fun to learn and adds a bit of uniqueness to the language.)

As for the chicken at the end, it's a common reference in MineCraft (which I play a bit as well with Dead Space) that they're "spy chickens," since a thread started some odd time ago where someone claimed that chickens would pop up anywhere, and usually a monster would spawn nearby. This was complete random generation, but it's a in-game joke that chickens cause monsters to spawn and that they're "spys" (hence "spy chicken"), and evil. So he kills it, which any sane Minecrafter would do. Beware the Spy Chickens.

Hope you all enjoy, and I got to admit that replica Marker was pretty pimp, though I'm unsure why he added a portal inside of it, but I have to admit it's one hell of an entrance to the Nether, so major props.

(PS: For fun, if anyone has any Dead Space related material with the Unitology writing on it that they'd like decoded for fun or from boredom, simply send me a private message with a link to the material and I'll let you know what it says, though most of the time most remarks are simple, such as "make us hole" "needle in the eye" "altman be praised", whatnot.)

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
While i admit, this makes me wander is there any limit at all as to what Minecraft is able to do? 0o

I wander whats next....a metal gear solid minecraft maybe?

(LK)

Mar 4, 2010
I think anyone who watches the video, and doesn't know what game it's promoting, is probably not going to be interested in the game anyways.

It's not like everyone interested hasn't been beat over the head with a few million dollars in marketing already.

FallenRainbows

Feb 22, 2009
SuperMse said:
Minecraft is legitimately scarier than Dead Space 2. Especially early on in the game when you don't have any light sources other than perhaps burning things in your furnace.
You get a torch really early...

Aside that, I'm to presume he consoled in all those red bocks... I sure hope he did.

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
McCa said:
SuperMse said:
Minecraft is legitimately scarier than Dead Space 2. Especially early on in the game when you don't have any light sources other than perhaps burning things in your furnace.
You get a torch really early...

Aside that, I'm to presume he consoled in all those red bocks... I sure hope he did.
Hence why I said "early on." Goodness, sorry I didn't find coal as fast as you.

Art Axiv

Cultural Code-Switcher
Dec 25, 2008
I... where did he get that music box music from again? Creepiest shit since.. forever.

Xenominim

Jan 11, 2011
Surprised he couldn't retexture at least one enemy to look a bit more like a Necromorph. Still a cool little video though.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
SuperMse said:
I was recently playing minecraft with some lighting mods and creature mods. I was in a cave and I managed to bust a hole where some water was being retained.

It flowed out and decimated all the torches in the hall I was in (downward slope).

The entire place went utterly black. I felt sweat bead up on my skin and then heard this ghoulish cackle from something.

I quickly opened up my inventory and pulled torches to my useable slots and slapped one up on the wall just above the flow of water. Basically the second the light went up my screen went red and I died.

It was one of those visceral, non-scripted moments, that makes me adore minecraft. It's also why playing on Hard is such a satisfying experience.

I've learned since to never be a tard and put all my torches at ground level. It might look cool to me but it results in a very negative response if I hit water.

LaughingAtlas

Nov 18, 2009
The music was oddly soothing for a horror game. That chicken at the end, though... *shivers*
Even wildlife is sneaky and suspicious in Minecraft... when it's not hurling itself into my lava pools and ever-burning netherock fences, of course.

Biodeamon

Apr 11, 2011
That probably took a few trips to the netherworld and a few hours of mining to make.