Dead Space 3 price list.

Daygall65

Onward!
Dec 11, 2011
Raystlyn @ gamedebate.com said:
Dead Space 3 counts with a Microtransactions system that will allow gamers to get resources for Weapon Crafting faster than it takes you to stomp Necromorphs corpses.

Here is listed some of the content and price available via microtransactions:

-Online Pass ? $9.99

-Bot Capacity Upgrade ? $4.99

-Bot Personality Pack ? $4.99

-Bot Accelerator ? $4.99

-Marauder Pack ? $4.99

-Sharpshooter Pack ? $4.99

-Tundra Recon Pack ? $4.99

-Witness the Truth Pack ? $4.99

-Epic Weapon & Resource Pack ? $2.99

-Ultra Weapon & Resource Pack ? $1.99

-Resource Pack ? $0.99

-First Contact Pack for Free

Online Pass! How surprising, EA. Varying from In-game usable Suits to upgrades for your pal the Scavenger Bot, these will give you the upper hand against the nasty Necros in Tau Volantis. A 'First Contact Pack' will launch for free with Dead Space 3.

The details were recently revealed via a PlayStation Store update. What do you think about this $50 worth of extra content available since day one?
Thoughts and opinions... *dons flame proof suit*

Source: http://www.game-debate.com/news/?news=3612&game=Dead%20Space%203&title=Dead%20Space%203%20To%20Have%20A%20Dozen%20Day%20One%20Microtransactions

Keoul

Apr 4, 2010
What is "Online Pass"
Do people have to buy the game, then pay a separate fee to play online or what?

Jeez, I know they want money but when they're adding a price tag to shit that's always been free they're trying a bit too hard.

Daygall65

Onward!
Dec 11, 2011
Online pass is so far as I know JUST if you buy the game used, you pay EA the extra 10 and get a keycode that unlocks the multiplayer.

Nightmonger

Jul 1, 2010
Why on earth do they ship Free DLC with the game why not just include it in the game?!?!?!?!

Maeshone

Sep 7, 2009
Nightmonger said:
Why on earth do they ship Free DLC with the game why not just include it in the game?!?!?!?!
The answer to that is Project 10$. All EA games require 10 dollars worth of DLC to be shipped with new copies so as to discourage sales of used games over new copies.

OT: I don't really see any difference with this and the guns and suits that both Dead Space 1 and 2 sold for approximately the same prices. Both are really stupid to buy since it really destroys the early game atmosphere which, while not terrifying could still feel oppressive at times. Getting top level stuff from the start just ruins that, so I won't be using the microtransactions, just as I didn't buy any gun or suitpacks for Dead Space 1 or 2.

ScruffyMcBalls

Apr 16, 2012
Sadly I'm just not surprised. Is anyone around here anymore? Sheesh. EA might be the worst, but it seems this is a thing now and I ain't buying into it. Last (and only) DLC I bought was the map pack for Gears of War 2, and in all fairness I got a shitload of stuff for what I paid. £15 for something like 20-30 maps. I'd rather not have to pay that, but at least I used em. This crap though? This is pathetic, to a comedic level.

Join hands with me people, and wish for a day when mass micro-transactions are a thing of the past.

the_green_dragon

Nov 18, 2009
Money grubbing S O B s. The game should be free if they want to go down this road and then u an buy all this other random shit.

DLC is the biggest rip-off of all time. You pay top price and you can't sell it later, it sits on your hard drive and has no resale value (I would also argue that it has no value at all)

If EA wants to pull this kind of crap the game should not be full price.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Meh, I'm honestly in the "who cares?" camp. Seriously it's just a bunch of extra crap you really don't need. It makes the game easier/trivial. This is no Promethean DLC like in Mass Effect 3, so people really shouldn't be up in arms over this.

MrGalactus

Elite Member
Sep 18, 2010
So the publisher that said $60 is too much for a new game is charging $90 for this one?
Interesting.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Rednog said:
Meh, I'm honestly in the "who cares?" camp. Seriously it's just a bunch of extra crap you really don't need. It makes the game easier/trivial. This is no Promethean DLC like in Mass Effect 3, so people really shouldn't be up in arms over this.
Pretty much my thoughts. The last two games had weapon and suit packs so I'm wondering why people are taking issue with it this late. Only thing new here is the resource packs which only really allow for more crafting options earlier in the game. Not exactly vital stuff here guys.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
All I know is that I am not paying for any of it so it has absolutely zero effect on my game. If there are people stupid or lazy enough to throw money at EA for stuff you can get for free in the game, then thats up to them.

Maybe they'd also be interested in paying me to come around and play the game for them.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
I won't be buying any of it.

To be fair, I won't be buying the game so I won't need to buy any of it anyway.

bananafishtoday

Nov 30, 2012
ShinyCharizard said:
Is there seriously anyone out there who is dumb enough to pay for this shit. I would hope not.
Same. We'll see, I guess. This has seriously become the ultimate test of whether consumers will accept or reject several different new "alternative revenue streams" for publishers. Whether this game succeeds or fails, I feel like it's going to be a huge bellweather and enormously influential on the path AAA development walks in the future.

Dead Space is a good game and a fine franchise, but with all the baggage that has been attached to it... there's nothing I want more than to see this game fucking crash and burn.

Daygall65

Onward!
Dec 11, 2011
Honestly I couldn't care one way or the other, but I still can't see how to get the message "don't pull this crap " Across to EA. If we don't buy it, the franchises we love get shit canned to be never looked at again, and the pricing models stay the same.

Or we buy it and don't buy the addon packs and EA being EA might just sit there and go...

"OH THEY WON'T BUY OUR STUFF IF WE DON'T PUT IT ALL IN AT THE START! WELL OK NOW WE'LL JUST TAKE 3 YEARS TO DEV ANYTHING*AcceptSportsstuffs*and we'll charge $100 for the game cause extra stuffs"

Or maybe I'm just a cynical jaded mean-spirited person, that can't see the trees for the forest anymore...

EDIT: Just thought of something else, and excuse EA might try to use.

"Well we didn't charge as much as the F2P models normally do EG: Star Trek Online charging $25 per GOOD ship and $5 for the utter crap. We let you have the REALLY GOOD shit for $4 Aren't we so nice :3 *happy faces and hugs all around"

I can seriously see this happening... Or again, maybe I'm just a mean person...