Dead Space...is it just me?

boyvirgo666

May 12, 2009
Id call him unresponsive and clunky. But thats just my opinion so far, the game is downloading right now.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Fluffles said:
Dark1Elder said:
boyvirgo666 said:
I just need to know from anyone else to justify my position here. I keep trying to play dead space and I just cant get into it. The Visuals are great, the story from what i saw was ok, But the controls...they kill me. I cant play dead space because It feels like I'm turning around in a bowl of pudding.
All the controls feel slow and weak. It just breaks my immersion and makes the game hard to play for me. Maybe its my computer I dont know but the mouse lag is just impossible.
this can be solved very easily
Step#1 Turn off the Computer
Step#2 Buy the Xbox version
Step#3 Enjoy
I think he'd prefer to shoot myself. I know I would.

Thankyou escapist.
I got pi yesterday too. I just put in fuckoff... it was accepted...
Also I agree. Shooters without a mouse is painful.

boyvirgo666

May 12, 2009
Yosharian said:
boyvirgo666 said:
I just need to know from anyone else to justify my position here. I keep trying to play dead space and I just cant get into it. The Visuals are great, the story from what i saw was ok, But the controls...they kill me. I cant play dead space because It feels like I'm turning around in a bowl of pudding.
All the controls feel slow and weak. It just breaks my immersion and makes the game hard to play for me. Maybe its my computer I dont know but the mouse lag is just impossible.
Quit yer complainin', yer whippersnapper! You kids these days, you don't know you're born! Try playing Alone in the Dark (the original 1992 version, not the crappy remake) and then tell me Isaac's controls are bad. Pfft.
Sorry mate iv played battletoads, i know old games with bad controls or graphics...or are just immensely hard. I choose not to put up with it now. A game isnt a game if im not having fun.

boyvirgo666

May 12, 2009
I just want responsive controls not to move and hope that 2 seconds later it will obey me. Even silent hill 2 had decent controls.

Edit: Why do people think the ability to put up with bad design is the mark of a good gamer? Old games arent good because they are old. I really hated some old games and loved others. I adore double dragon, but im not going to put up with that kind of thing these days. I doubt anyone here would put up with badly built games if we didnt have that mindset.

Vidiot

May 23, 2008
I had the exact same problem for PC. I slogged through what I thought must be a third of the game, but even with better guns and suit upgrades, the clunky aiming just ruined the experience, making every tense moment feel instead like a cheap death. This is "artificial difficulty" at its worst.

*FYI* For those who don't know, artificial difficulty is basically when an unintentional element or poorly implemented feature alters the difficulty, but isn't accounted for in game balance because of its accidental or inconsistent nature.

Oh, and I almost forgot... It's NEVER "just you".

Dark Prophet

Jun 3, 2009
I really don't get it, I have Dead Space for the PC, and it works fine, just fine, granted some button configurations are a little hard to get used to, but other than that it's ok. But I have the feeling that the engine doesn't get along with PC-s as good as it should, because on my brothers laptop it had some similar problems reported here, but on my gaming rig it runs just fine, so I think the game actually wants somewhat better PC than it is said on the box.

Grotch Willis

May 10, 2011
Yeah, i know what you mean. i played it on the 360 and i felt exactly the same way. I stopped playing it just after chapter 4, i probably won't pick it up again ever. Its not the gameplay thats the problem for me, its just the immersion factor of the game, i as well just could not get into the game. I gave it about 4 hours worth of gameplay, which is a pretty steep benefit of the doubt in opinion. I tried to enjoy it but i simple could not. It just seems like this wasn't the game for me, thats the only reasonable explanation i can come up with, which is weird because i really enjoyed RE 4 and they seem like very similar games, but who knows.

boyvirgo666

May 12, 2009
I tried it on the 360 and i just...coudnt do it. I tried real hard but i coudnt play through it.

Dark Prophet

Jun 3, 2009
Sober Thal said:
I couldn't stand the controls on a console... I feel ya.

Hell, Batman is a pain due to it's controls as well. I can't imagine even where to start trying to play these adventure games using a keyboard and mouse.
In PC Batman AA the sidescrolling parts were bloody awful also the boss fights, fuck I nearly trashed the game disc.

Tselis

Jul 23, 2011
Dark1Elder said:
boyvirgo666 said:
this can be solved very easily
Step#1 Turn off the Computer
Step#2 Buy the Xbox version
Step#3 Enjoy
My husband and I played it on the Xbox, and had no problems. So this might be a viable solution.

legendp

Jul 9, 2010
boyvirgo666 said:
I had the same problem and it turned out to be the Vysnc (for some reason it Vysncs at half your refresh rate, so you should turn it off), and I maxed out the mouse sensitivity (make sure you got good speakers and 60FPS helps).

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
I returned the game because of the shitty controls. When I'm too busy being angry at the controls to be scared of the monsters. Or tell if they were scary, because they weren't, really.

boyvirgo666

May 12, 2009
Ok after playing for a while i have come to a few conclusions about this game.
1. Id really like it if looking through your inventory paused the game.
2. Yeah i get it they jump out of vents cant we do another dance now?
3. The captain you came with is an idiot.
4. You know i bet if i stopped playing this i might be able to just watch a horror movie and punch myself every few minutes and id get the same effect.

The game isnt unfun i guess but its kinda...I dont know something about it just nags at me to be annoyed.

Oh and the upgrade system is stupid.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
boyvirgo666 said:
Maybe its my computer I dont know but the mouse lag is just impossible.
Well, you could always use your brain and turn the mouse sensitivity right up. I had mouse lag on my crappy old computer so upping the sensitivity fixed it, as did with many people with crappy computers trying to run the game when it came out.

boyvirgo666 said:
I tried it on the 360 and i just...coudnt do it. I tried real hard but i coudnt play through it.
Yeah, I died a couple of times when getting used to the controls on console, but you could always, I dunno, try to get a feel for it like the rest of us did. Pushing through hard times isn't your strong suit, is it?

boyvirgo666

May 12, 2009
MercurySteam said:
boyvirgo666 said:
Maybe its my computer I dont know but the mouse lag is just impossible.
Well, you could always use your brain and turn the mouse sensitivity right up. I had mouse lag on my crappy old computer so upping the sensitivity fixed it, as did with many people with crappy computers trying to run the game when it came out.

boyvirgo666 said:
Yeah, I died a couple of times when getting used to the controls on console, but you could always, I dunno, try to get a feel for it like the rest of us did. Pushing through hard times isn't your strong suit, is it?
Yeah cute, you wanna try reading the rest of the thread? Or is pushing through a conversation not your strong suit?