Dead Space Looks Like The Scariest iPhone Game Yet

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Judgement101 said:
Lost all sense of horror when the monster appeared going "Graaaaahhhhhh!!! Grahhhhhhhhh! Gruahhhhhhhhhh!"
And in the midle of a fight a message appears "Achievment Unlocked - Its a boy!"

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
My guess for the people that find Dead Space scary is that if they played a game like Amnesia, they would eject all their vital organs simultaneously through their anus.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
stunning. i am at awe at how incredible that looks.

heres hoping the rumored PSphone gots a better gpu

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Russian_Assassin said:
My guess for the people that find Dead Space scary is that if they played a game like Amnesia, they would eject all their vital organs simultaneously through their anus.
So the appendix, maybe a kidney just stay right where they are? Sounds awkward...
OT: I am impressed with the level of graphics iPhones are reaching... However, I played Splinter Cell on my uncle's iPad for about 5 minutes, and the controls were terrible... Innovative, granted. Still terrible. I don't see how you'd play any game that isn't quite simple, like a platformer or puzzler, without massive frustration or some kind of keyboard attachment or something...

Avisell

Jan 19, 2011
Judgement101 said:
Lost all sense of horror when the monster appeared going "Graaaaahhhhhh!!! Grahhhhhhhhh! Gruahhhhhhhhhh!"
mights as well as popped up and gone "boo, gonna get ya!"

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
TheHitcher said:
Two words: unbelievable graphics.

I literally can't believe what I just saw was an iPhone game.
I agree with this statement. this game looks beautiful. Anything to take me off of Angry Birds and Tap Tap revenge.

ALso, if I'm scarred by the original Dead Space still, playing this while in lunch should not be a good idea. O_O

Sinspiration

Mar 7, 2010
No.. No that isn't scary. I've played the PROPER Dead Space and this iPhone version looks more like the Resident evil series (which was more hilarious than scary), with slightly better graphics. All the yelling and RAWR they do makes me wanna chuckle and in Dead Space you don't get "Foreign Object detected" warnings very often (and when you did, they'd lock you up tight in a nice little room for the freaks to come munch on you). It ruins all hope of actually GETTING frightened.

Serious screw up.

markisb

May 31, 2010
wildpeaks said:
Even if I have bought most games to existence for the iPhone [and PC] and I'm not proud of it, I refuse to buy that one because Dead Space on PC frakking sucked.

Sorry but if you don't allow the WHOLE FRAKKING KEYBOARD to be bindable, you need better PC testers, seriously. I mean c'mon, who doesn't allow the frakking arrow keys to move the character ? It's pure evil. (Sure, a fan made a hack to be able to do that, but that's just cruel).
your the only person i have herd of that uses the arrow keys to move in game. every one else uses w,a,s and d. i do agree about the pc testers though playing dead space made me feel sick.

OT: wont be very scary because the screen is to small on the iphone/itouch but the ipad on the other hand might be a bit scary.

spiritslayr

Smart AI
Oct 25, 2008
Hardcore_gamer said:
TheHitcher said:
Two words: unbelievable graphics.

I literally can't believe what I just saw was an iPhone game.
But even then the graphics aren't very good. Its only looks slightly better then a late era PS2 game.

Its one of the reasons for why I rarely ever bother with handhelds, besides the obvious fact that they allow you to play on the fly there are no real advantages to them and loads of disadvantages.
Yeah but to be fair, playing on the go is a really big advantage, particularly for casual players as you can just pick up a game for 5-30 minutes while your waiting for something.
Hopefully they'll change the save system so you can save anywhere. Would definitely make the game more accessible.

euro2019

Jan 10, 2011
You know.. I find it very cool that my iphone can play 3D games like this. I have them in case I ever get bored. But the truth is, if I can't plug my iphone in, I won't play it. It'll eat your battery away in like 2-3 hours given that you're at almost full charge. The controls on a touchscreen for a shooter-esc game are really tedious. Rather play it on my psp or something personally (if Sony grew a brain and added a second analog stick).

Still, its cool, but not really all that impressive, and not scary either (Dead Space was never scary to begin with imo). Silent Hill on it was a bit scarier if you play it in the dark. Otherwise meh.

yundex

Nov 19, 2009
Russian_Assassin said:
Amnesia was ok, but the most of the horror was psychological and the ambiance ruined most of it for me. Really depends on the person, but everyone can agree that the fear series isn't scary. :D