Dead Space

Reaperman Wompa

Aug 6, 2008
I bought it on a friends recommendation and am returning it tomorrow. I just don't like the type of survival horror the game was, even though I enjoyed condemned.

Pernese

Oct 25, 2008
harhol post=9.75015.854511 said:
Pernese post=9.75015.854479 said:
There are only a few minor complaints I had. First, it is rather short, I finished it on medium difficulty in about 12 hours.
Just a quick question: How many third-person action games have you played in the past five years that last longer than twelve hours? I can't think of many...

There was a time when you could expect a survival horror game to last no more than three hours!
Actually, I just checked my cleared save game file, and I beat it in 9 hours 50 minutes.

KittywifaMohawk

Aug 17, 2008
Well from reading all of your posts. I find it to be a good game, freaky a some points, but other then just a little creepy in dark. Good to pass the time for a short while, even though it is short, I can live through that. The melee is bad, but I can live with that.

So Im probably going to rent it first, see how it all goes(I have no money for the whole game yet.). If I enjoy the rental(Ill end up beating it within the rental, but meh.) If the rental is good for me, and if itll seem like a game I would want to go back to, Ill buy.

Thank you all for your thoughts on Dead Space. =)

Digitaldreamer7

Sep 30, 2008
Secondly said:
I hated the asteroid sequences. its a great game WITHOUT that. it was poorly written. The guns are so hard to aim and there are no sensitivity options in the controls configuration menu. I think if they would have added a sensitivity option it would have been bearable. but other then that it was great and 11-12 hours is a great amount of time to get form a good fps/horror game. the plot is sort of liner, but if you actually read the text logs and listen to the audio logs it is really well written. the no cut scene part of the story is awesome. it gives it a real lonely feel. All in all it is well worth the buy in my opinion. if you finish it and don't want to go back through it on insane mode then trade it in for in store credit towards something upcoming. But I do feel that this is a close and very well done stab at a new genre that could be called fpsrpg....