Deadlight Review

Mumorpuger

This is a...!
Apr 8, 2009
That's really disappointing to hear. I was looking forward to this game more than anything else in the lineup this Summer.

Oh well. I trust you Susan. You saved me some monies. :)

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Well that's unfortunate. It does look very nice. The motions of the character reminds me a lot of Limbo.

Hope ya get to play some better games.

Call Me Jose

That One Jose
Jul 4, 2012
Glad I heard the review because I love the palette of the game and general feel of it looking at the screens.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Dammit. When i saw some clips of it on YouTube, i got really interested. When i heard it wasn`t coming to the PC, i was disappointed. But still, i was kinda hoping it`d be a really damn awesome game. It did look very cool and interesting, platforming+zombies, fun for all!

Those first few lines of text from this review even made my excitement greater. And then i got hit with that line about the game not being very neat. That was quite the blow indeed...

Now i am a bit sad. But i guess I´ll live on. Still, a real pity...

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
The character you play is being a jerk is also the reason I could never play Two Worlds (2). I can't care that someone's sister has been kidnapped/is still kidnapped if his brother is a douche. You also don't have the enthusiasm to make the character succeed if you don't like him.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
DVS BSTrD said:
Do you have more compelling evidence that Randall is a jerk than him saying someone's little sister could have gotten everyone killed?
His entire demeanor throughout the game. He's bitter and jaded and constantly negative. Which, as I said, makes sense, given that it's the end of the world and all, but that doesn't make him a sympathetic character.

BiscuitWheels

Jan 10, 2009
Jesus, everyone. Play the demo and decide for yourself. I hate reading robotic,sheep-like responses to reviews sometimes. "Thank god you made up my mind for me, I was actually interested in this game until you told me what to think!" Then try the damn demo and then decide for yourself.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Susan Arendt said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Do you have more compelling evidence that Randall is a jerk than him saying someone's little sister could have gotten everyone killed?
His entire demeanor throughout the game. He's bitter and jaded and constantly negative. Which, as I said, makes sense, given that it's the end of the world and all, but that doesn't make him a sympathetic character.
so he grumbles as much as Max Pane? yughh

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
BiscuitWheels said:
Jesus, everyone. Play the demo and decide for yourself. I hate reading robotic,sheep-like responses to reviews sometimes. "Thank god you made up my mind for me, I was actually interested in this game until you told me what to think!" Then try the damn demo and then decide for yourself.
I loved the demo I played at E3, which was the very beginning of the game. In snapshot, the game is great, but it doesn't hold up over the long haul.

But absolutely, people should decide for themselves. I don't pretend to speak gospel truth. I just share my experiences.

Call Me Jose

That One Jose
Jul 4, 2012
BiscuitWheels said:
There are definitely games as well as movies I will go see regardless of what a critic has to say which I can assume from you're response you have done as well sometime in the past. But there are cases like this one where I prefer not to give it a try because the game doesnt spark my interest enough to sit down and play. I'm happy knowing Susan sacrificed her time so that I would'nt have to and I'll take her word for it.

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
I can't say I'm surprised. Decent visuals aside the trailers did not pop for me. In fact I was reminded of the old Terminator game for the Genesis, with all its clunky gameplay and out-of-place jumping puzzles.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
The style of the game (both comic cutscenes and ingame graphics) looks great, but that's no good if the gameplay and story don't hold up.

Haz88

Nov 19, 2009
That's too bad since it actually looks really cool. By the looks it reminds me of Outland which I loved, but I really can't stand when main characters try to be awesome by being grumpy jerks, which is why I will probably never play Max Payne 3 or the Prototype series. If these guys were real people everyone would think they were dicks and not associate with them, so I would feel dumb if I payed money for the privilege listening to their complaining.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
The style and gameplay looks a lot like a cross between Limbo and Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock. That is to say, one parts good and three parts god-awful.

But there's so much black and darkness... it looks like it would be really hard to distinguish between player character, zombie (sorry, "shadow") and NPC (if there are any at all.) At least Limbo's colour scheme complimented the gameplay, this just looks confusing. Plus, Limbo kid had the common decency to shut his big yap!