Deadpool Game

Levi93

Oct 26, 2009
So apparently there's going to be information on a Deadpool game being released in about 4 hours (of making this thread).

Looks like it's going to made by High Moon Studios and being published by Activision.

I think this could have a lot of potential. Thoughts?

Source: http://www.deadpoolgame.com/

Edit: Here's the trailer folks. <youtube=XqORbzbEfoM>

There was a rumoured Deadpool film to be released in the future and because Marvel films tend to be live action it leads me to believe that this game and the rumoured film will not be tied together, this will hopefully be a good thing because games based on films have a tendency to suck.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
It's slightly difficult to give my thoughts on a game there is zero information about.

Ask me again in 4 hours.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Ugh...I wish Activision didn't have the license to make Marvel games. I don't know what it is, but I find all their Marvel games (no matter what developer) feel very...sterile to me. Like they're saying, "OK, we have the Marvel license and we know that will sell. So just play it safe.". I enjoyed the first Ultimate Alliance, though. And X-Men Legends 2 was good, though that was like ten years ago.

Nero18

Jul 5, 2012
DustyDrB said:
Ugh...I wish Activision didn't have the license to make Marvel games. I don't know what it is, but I find all their Marvel games (no matter what developer) feel very...sterile to me. Like they're saying, "OK, we have the Marvel license and we know that will sell. So just play it safe.". I enjoyed the first Ultimate Alliance, though. And X-Men Legends 2 was good, though that was like ten years ago.
Agreed. They cant seem to give the proper attention. They also dont seem to understand what it takes to make a great license game. They see Rocksteady and want to copy without really understanding what makes the Batman games great.

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
Damnit I thought I was going to be the first to post this! You have failed me /co/.

In any case I will be clicking in 2 hours as of this post, this should be interesting regardless.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Eddie the head said:
I had to Google who Deadpool was. But ok but I don't see how it will work.
TPS with range and melee. Throw in some platforming. Use a similar system to WET. Could be good.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Do you think this might have something to do with that rumoured Deadpool movie?

Zaik

Jul 20, 2009
Isn't that the guy from the end of

the Wolverine origin movie with 7 or 8 mutant powers that kicked the shit out of him and Sabertooth?

The only way I can see this ending well is if it ends up feeling a lot like DMC.

Mister Six

Aug 16, 2010
Zaik said:
Isn't that the guy from the end of

the Wolverine origin movie with 7 or 8 mutant powers that kicked the shit out of him and Sabertooth?

The only way I can see this ending well is if it ends up feeling a lot like DMC.
That was Dudepeel. The closest that movie came to Deadpool was Ryan Reylonds(sp?) in the beginning.

Jackalb

Dec 31, 2009
The rumours are that Ryan Reynolds is doing the film so I wonder if he's voicing the game too?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I think it's safe to say the game will have ALOT of 4th walls breaking. Heck maybe it will be in the Genius book of world records for the most amount of 4th wall breaking in one game!

EDIT- Ok now that I seen it, I have high hopes for this game. Also yay for Psylocke cameo. Weseal, Taskmaster, Mr X, Cable, Domino, Sandi or Outlaw better make an cameo.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Ghostwise said:
I hope it's a JRPG! :D
That would be AWSOME.
Scarim Coral said:
I think it's safe to say the game will have ALOT of 4th walls breaking. Heck maybe it will be in the Genius book of world records for the msot amount of 4th wall breaking in one game!
That would be AWSOME.

OT: This will be AWSOME! Deapool is AWSOME. He is easily one of my favorite marvel characters . I hope it will be good .

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
If it plays sorta like Ninja Gaiden except with shooting I'll be happy. Oh and regenerative health will finally make sense!