Deadpool will be pansexual in his upcoming movie.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
He takes off his costume? I always assumed he lived in it, but have never read the comics. Sounds about right though. What rating is this movie?

PBMcNair

Aug 31, 2009
I'm no expert on Deadpool, but this does seem to fit with what I know of him.
No complaints here.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I honestly expected this to be about him having sex with pans. It's the level of humour I most frequently associate with Deadpool.

Plus, I'm all for more movies with Ryan Reynolds swinging both/all ways.

erttheking said:
I'm assuming you meant to say bisexual.

From what I can find, pansexual is a term used by people who want to say that they're also attracted to intersex people, transexual people and everyone else that doesn't fit into simply male or female.
The last time this came up, it did not go well.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Well, it fits. From what little I understand of the character, him swinging every which way kinda makes sense.

Ihateregistering1 said:
I've got $15 on my theory. Who's in?
Nah uh. No bet. That sounds way too likely.

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
TakerFoxx said:
Dude wants to bone Death. He swings ALL the ways. It fits.
Have you SEEN death in the Marvel comics? Hell, I'd go for Death and my last words would be "totally worth it!"

As for the OP, it's in character but like a lot of these announcements, they're largely unnecessary and used to patronize.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
MrFalconfly said:
erttheking said:
Silentpony said:
So wait, whats the difference between Pansexual and just sexual?
I'm assuming you meant to say bisexual.

From what I can find, pansexual is a term used by people who want to say that they're also attracted to intersex people, transexual people and everyone else that doesn't fit into simply male or female.
No I think he means just sexual.

That means, that Deadpool is mad enough to try and have a relationship with a power-socket (yes I do believe D-Pooly would be that crazy).
I think the proper term there would be omnisexual then. And that does sound like him.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Genocidicles said:
So bisexual then. Wait I forgot, you have to pander to tumblr and saying bisexual isn't radical enough these days.
stormtrooper9091 said:
Completely unnecessary but ok, anything to please the tumblrinas
dirtysteve said:
Deadpool is a fictional character, so sure, he can have a fictional sexuality too.
...*Sigh* should've known things would've gone down this path. I should have KNOWN better.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Isn't he one already?
McMarbles said:
Knowing Deadpool, this could mean a sexual attraction to cookware.

Or Peter Pan.
Also this.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
Xsjadoblayde said:
He takes off his costume? I always assumed he lived in it, but have never read the comics. Sounds about right though. What rating is this movie?
The Movie is rated M, I think.

As for him not taking his costume off, he actually does. At home, he spends most of the time in T-shirt and boxer shorts, although when someone gives him a call to give him a job, he dons a mask. Also, he has a holographic disguise thingy, which allows him to disguise as practically anyone.

Also, he boned MANY women. Those that I remember are Copycat, Outlaw, Typhoid Mary (although it was more of her boning him), oh and also Death. Probably many more that I don't remember.
The thing is, he is really gallant and nice to all women that don't want to kill him. Still crazy though.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
Well, that's what the character is...

Hmm,considering we are talking about an universe (at least in the comics, not sure with this movie) that has shapeshifters, aliens and demons that would make one rethink the idea of sex and gender, it would give rise to totally new terms for sexuality.

Obviously that's not how people who id as bi and/or pan in real life see the dictinction, (most people I know who prefer one label also ID as the other depending on the context) but I've seen it as a distinction in some scifi/fantasy settings where 'bi' means humans, and 'pan' means they don't care about the gender or the species of the sentient species.

I dunno how much we will actually see this in the movie. I kinda hope we won't get a romantic subplot of any kind at least.

Ihateregistering1 said:
I'll go ahead and be the cyncial one, but this sounds like one of those things where at first people are going to be really happy and excited about it, because it shows more acceptance for people who identify as 'pansexual', plus it shows that a character who isn't standard heterosexual can still be ultra-badass. And then...

those same people will realize that Deadpool is completely bat-shit insane, and then they'll get offended because now they'll claim it's implying that only people who are mentally deranged would identify as pansexual.

Well, depends on how they write it. It's possible to write a character who is bi/pan and also mentally deranged and not make it offensive. Even if they wrote Deadpool as 100% straight I still wouldn't want to see him sexually harass people for a joke.

The equation of 'hypersexual' with 'pansexual' is not something I like, since bi/pan people get stereotyped as people who will fuck anything and everything anyway...

Overall I'm happy he is pan (as he should be), I hope we will see more bi/pan characters of different personalities (less burden for one character to represent all pan people everywhere), and most of all, I dread what the sexual jokes will be like(regardless of the genders of the people involved.)

I like sexual humor when it's not lazy and actually funny. But too often it is just lazy jokes about how rape is funny.

But yeah, depends on how they'll handle it but there will be at least some people who will dislike the fact they made a mental murderer pan (and those aren't necessary the same people who are happy with it)

Xsjadoblayde said:
It's not like him being pansexual means he has to have sex in the movie...

We see him often enough in the comics without his costume.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Well, he's basically Alucard. Regen powers, dressed in red, insane yet badass. "No one in the world can comprehend my sexual preference."

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
This begs the question - will Colossus be the Ultimate version in the movie, and will the two be somehow attracted to each other after Colossus stomps DP into a greasy stain on his boot? What will Negasonic have to say about DP killing so many? Since she's Marvel's answer to Agatha from Minority Report, DP likely gives her a screaming migraine. Ok that has nothing to do with DP's sexuality but it doesn't hurt to ask. I'll stop now.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Ihateregistering1 said:
I'll go ahead and be the cyncial one, but this sounds like one of those things where at first people are going to be really happy and excited about it, because it shows more acceptance for people who identify as 'pansexual', plus it shows that a character who isn't standard heterosexual can still be ultra-badass. And then...

those same people will realize that Deadpool is completely bat-shit insane, and then they'll get offended because now they'll claim it's implying that only people who are mentally deranged would identify as pansexual.

I'll put $50 on people being asspained, but I'll also move it up to way earlier than movie release, and it probably dying down after release or even before because something new came out for said people to get shitty about.

thewatergamer

Aug 4, 2012
It's deadpool, his entire character is based around the idea of wacky 4th wall breaking, and even though I don't read comics, from what I've heard deadpool DOES swing both ways, so frankly I don't have a problem with it

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
I guess being attracted to small half-goat/half-men with a proficiency in piccolo isn't totally beyond the reaches of Deadpool... although I would say he was more inclined to collect the little greek myths in a basement of some sort...

runic knight

Mar 26, 2011
Wasn't he going out with the living embodiment of death itself? His love of pans hardly surprises me /jk.

Seriously though, wasn't his character already pansexual to begin with? I don't get why this is "news" here.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I need more. What's his political alignment? Does he recycle? What's his least favorite Beatles song? Is he a John or a Paul?