Deadpool Will Get A "Raw" Director's Cut, Despite R-Rating

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
I'm not too worried about the 1h46 run time. It just means the plot will probably be straightforward. I mean, Road Warrior is 1h34 and doesn't feel short.
That said, the pre-release director's cut announcement is weird. I can't fathom Deadpool will have a LOTR-Extended Edition turnaround, and I hope it doesn't have the Kingdom of Heaven problem. Hopefully the special cut is more like Alien's director's edit, where Scott completely reedited sequences so deleted scenes would work, as opposed to slapping in shit and ruining the pacing.

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
This is looking like the most violent comedy movie I'll probably ever see. It's a big gamble from Marvel - hopefully it pays off.
Some interesting thoughts

1). Is this Marvel making this movie? If so

2). How was he able to mention X Men at all I thought mutants, X Men and all that sort of stuff was locked down pretty tight?

3). How does Deadpool fit in to the expanded Universe? will we get a post credit scene that fits in with what's going on in the MCU as is typical with all of Marvel's movies, or will the very fact that this is R-Rated mean that it sits in it's own little sub universe kept locked away from the family friendly MCU?

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
drkchmst said:
I don't think 1hr 46min is anything to balk at. It is right around the right length. Movies are getting too long, I remember back in my day when you paid a nickel, you got popcorn a drink the news several shorts and the main feature which was only 5 minutes
Truthfully, this is probably a good length. It's similar to a movie like Kung Fury. The movie was only like half an hour long however because it was so short it left myself and my friends wanting more, giving it some replayability, if that's an apt term here.

MachoNacho95

Dec 1, 2014
coolbond said:
Metalrocks said:
i wonder if the same version will be released all around the world. i know australia isnt that crazy with crazy violence movies.
dont forget germany.
Germany doesn't give a fuck if a movie is violent/sexual or whatever, they only really censor videogames.

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
Well, if your movie isn't getting itself a bunch of publicity with how edgy it is, start making statements about how it was so edgy it couldn't go to theaters uncut. This is a pretty good bit of controversy pr.

Talk about killing two birds with one stone: gets you talking about the movie for the theatrical release and starts getting people pumped for the director's cut blu-ray.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Not able to see this the 12th as I am working.
But I'll defo watch it the 13th with a mate or two.