Dear Movie Bob .....

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
after watching Last Starr, again >.> cause its one of those eps that's good to watch over if your bored, (also see: Yogi Bears collar) the pic of the Centurions came up and i decided instead of necroing a thread to post this instead.

Bob, when we gonna get a Centurions ep? ya brought em up a couple times now >.> lets see it

and for discussion value, cause, we need some.

what old shows would you all like to see Bob go over on The Big Picture?

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
I would love to see him do a retrospective on Scooby Doo and it's various spin offs/rip offs ala the yogi episode.

Carlos Storm

Mar 13, 2012
I would love to see moviebob do something other than dismiss an opinion that doesn't coincide with his

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
Carlos Storm said:
I would love to see moviebob do something other than dismiss an opinion that doesn't coincide with his
Now, now. Let's not get bitter. ;)

He also spends episodes reminiscing about TV shows I had never heard of before, or asserting the importance of the Batman films in popular culture. He's like someone tracked down the perfect example of an archetypical nerd and gave him a microphone.

marurder

Jul 26, 2009
Carlos Storm said:
Could be said of all the videos posted on theescapist.

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
Am I the only who'd like to see MovieBob do an episode talking about how EVERY STEPHEN KING BOOK IS INTER-CONNECTED? I mean cripes, he did pretty well doing that for the Marvel films in the lead-up to The Avengers.

And let's just face facts here people, it'd be interesting as hell seeing how a hope-inspiring story of determination and hope like Shawshank Redemption ties in with stories about murderous clowns and apocalyptic super-flus.

launchpadmcqwak said:
do something on tarantino...AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO WORSHIP'S TARANTINO!!!?????
It'd be awesome seeing him do what I was just talking about with the little connections between all the Tarantino films too.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Lunar Templar said:
Bob, when we gonna get a Centurions ep? ya brought em up a couple times now >.> lets see it

and for discussion value, cause, we need some.

what old shows would you all like to see Bob go over on The Big Picture?
WAY WAY WAY back on Escape to the Movies (ie: pre-Big Picture) Bob offhandedly mentioned the Bearnstein Bears and its patriarchal overtones. I think he pitched it as a semi-coherent rant if I remember correctly (I think this was for Escape to the Movies: Hangover...or Paranormal Activity 2...). Anyway, I want to see a Bearnstein Bears episode!

Also, I would be 100% behind a month long exploration of the inner-connected continuity of the Hannah Barbara cartoon Universe. Speaking of, April Fools 2013 should be able Bob directing a live action film adaptation of Space Ghost.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Bob is a busy guy and he doesn't hang out around here wasting time like the rest of us. Why don't you just send a message to his account or to his e-mail address? He's far more likely to respond that way.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Carlos Storm said:
truth be told, I'm actually way worse then Bob about that when i want to be, i just don't have a web based show :3

Twilight_guy said:
Bob is a busy guy and he doesn't hang out around here wasting time like the rest of us. Why don't you just send a message to his account or to his e-mail address? He's far more likely to respond that way.
could, but it's more fun to see what other people wanna see to, sides, I'm not actually expecting a reply from Bob anyway, its a thread for the sake of fun

Shoggoth2588 said:
WAY WAY WAY back on Escape to the Movies (ie: pre-Big Picture) Bob offhandedly mentioned the Bearnstein Bears and its patriarchal overtones. I think he pitched it as a semi-coherent rant if I remember correctly (I think this was for Escape to the Movies: Hangover...or Paranormal Activity 2...). Anyway, I want to see a Bearnstein Bears episode!

Also, I would be 100% behind a month long exploration of the inner-connected continuity of the Hannah Barbara cartoon Universe. Speaking of, April Fools 2013 should be able Bob directing a live action film adaptation of Space Ghost.
kinda surprised he hasn't tackled the Hannah Barbara universe yet, he should really get on that to. Bearnstein Bears ep? yes, also want :D

SpectacularWebHead

Jun 11, 2012
I'd like to see an episode where moviebob doesn't attempt to be the american Yahtzee and acknowledges the opinions of others as just as valid as his. Wishful thinking, I guess...

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Carlos Storm said:
The same could be said of everyone on the Internet.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
There are quite a few I can list-

Captain Planet
He-Man
Visionaries
MASK
GI JOE
Count Bucky O'Hare
Dino Rider
The Racoons
Gummy Bears
Recuse Rangers
Duck Tales and the other Duck related Disney shows
Goof Troop and others relating to it aswell

itsthesheppy

Mar 28, 2012
Buretsu said:
Carlos Storm said:
Perhaps the same could be said of everybody, everywhere, about everything, ever.
Nonsense. I frequently devote time and effort into promoting ideas and concepts I find disagreeable. Doesn't everyone?

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
itsthesheppy said:
Buretsu said:
Carlos Storm said:
Perhaps the same could be said of everybody, everywhere, about everything, ever.
Nonsense. I frequently devote time and effort into promoting ideas and concepts I find disagreeable. Doesn't everyone?
I know I sure do. It's the best way to start any day.

OT: The first thing that came to mind was Sonic, but considering how much MovieBob has proven over and over again that he loves Mario, I don't think that would go over very well. He probably subscribes to the same mind-set that every single modern Sonic game must suck by virtue of being a Sonic game.

EDIT: Though it could still be very interesting to see if he did a comprehensive look at the entire history, spanning through the comics and various television shows as well as the games...