Dear Santa

NooNameLeft

Sep 15, 2009
Irridium said:
For christmas, I want a fast internet connection. That would make me very, very happy. Since I just came from TF2 after 3 straight games with a ping of 996.
... Hooow?
How did you managed to play 3 straight games with a ping of 996?
Also I'm not sure a fast internet will help, maby try servers from your country?

anian

Sep 10, 2008
fanklok said:
Are you insinuating that asteroids can't be wrapped in paper?
I dare you to prove me wrong by finding it and sending it to me all wrapped up with ribbons and bows. In fact, I double dare you.

Apr 28, 2008
NooNameLeft said:
Irridium said:
For christmas, I want a fast internet connection. That would make me very, very happy. Since I just came from TF2 after 3 straight games with a ping of 996.
... Hooow?
How did you managed to play 3 straight games with a ping of 996?
Also I'm not sure a fast internet will help, maby try servers from your country?
Engie. I set up a sentry in a smart place, and let it do the work. Spies were an issue though, but thankfully it was just one.

And servers in my country weren't much better. About a ping of 800.

Stevepinto3

Jun 4, 2009
Completely agree about DC Universe. I can't bring myself to choose between it and WoW, especially with Cataclysm being all kinds of amazing. Yet at the same time I want to fight alongside Batman and the Joker. I wish that DC would offer a neutral-mercenary type of character.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
This reminds me, I'm going to shut down my computer and go play some videogames.

laryri said:
Bobby Kotick would just sue Santa for giving him a coalasteroid.
Well, Santa is probably one man even Kotick cannot outsue. He has infinite wealth, after all. [http://www.forbes.com/lists/2005/fictional/01.html]

Meatstorm

Jan 4, 2009
DancePuppets said:
Meatstorm said:
Woodsey said:
OT: The Steam one would be nice, but it is really hard to care when I've just bought Bad Company 2 for £6, New Vegas for £15, Torchlight for £3 and the SoT sequels for £2 each.
I have only one gripe with steam. Steam prices are same in dollars and euros which means that every game i buy there is cheaper for British and American users :(

Not that this would be a big difference but i still dislike getting the short end of the stick.

I also bought BC2 and paid 13,99e for it.
Actually it's us British users who get the short end of the stick as the pound is worth more than both the Euro and the Dollar :-(
True that pounds are more valuable, but the point is when you're charged 6 pounds i am supposed to pay 13,99 ;)

edit: Ah nvm. According to steam pricing history the prices seem to match. Well i guess then you do get the short end of the stick.

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
Woodsey said:
LoganN said:
Another shit article by Shamus.
Evidently you're far more interesting and articulate.

OT: The Steam one would be nice, but it is really hard to care when I've just bought Bad Company 2 for £6, New Vegas for £15, Torchlight for £3 and the SoT sequels for £2 each.
ISN'T THE STEAM SALE SO EXCITING!?!??!!?

Sorry, I gotta calm it down

OT: Great Poem at the end

Giinjii

Nov 17, 2009
A Christmas disaster, caused by a Blizzard

Oooh, someone who knows what irony actually means. I'm a happy boy this Christmas.
Thank you Mr. Young!

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
RejjeN said:
Woodsey said:
LoganN said:
Another shit article by Shamus.
Evidently you're far more interesting and articulate.

If only we (edit:Non-UK) Europeans wasn't shafted by the the store... "Hurr, 40 US dollars is 40 Euro right? DURRRR"
Steam pays VAT over every transaction to the EU. Tax on products is around 20% in northwestern Europe.
That's only a little less than the conversion rate.

wasalp

Dec 22, 2008
@Irridium

You poor poor man, I was always pissed with my very unstable ping(that spiked up to 350 every so often) but now I am saddened that such connections exist...tonight I shed a tear for you(its morning what ever)

Lorechaser

Aug 28, 2004
I haven't even allowed myself to look at DCUO. I looked a bit, got excited, then said "Wait, I'm gonna have to play Cata, I still need to play more DDO, SW:TOR is coming out, there are like 4 F2P games I keep meaning to try, oh yeah, LOTRO is free now, and I've got this whole Xbox 360 thing I've discovered has tons of games I like, not least among them Halo: Reach and Assbro, both of which encourage tons of playing. Also, there are these stupid web based pseudo CCGs I keep getting addicted to.

Bugger.

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
I'll tell yah what I want for Christmas..

Stolen Pixels >.<

But seriously, nice article..

w00tage

Feb 8, 2010
Re Steam, don't overestimate the attractiveness of the whole integration thing. I don't personally need social networking or anything to play games, so long as I can choose servers and use in-game voice.

And I'd like to point out that these features are not always all positive. For example, social networking n'stuff is another way for griefers to find targets. I have stood up against total @sshat jerkoffs being total @sshat jerkoffs in games exactly twice. For some time after, both of those losers and all of their friends routinely tried to "friend" me so they could track the games I play, invade them and fire off kickvotes. And they all still insta-kickvote me when I join games they're in (and I use quickmatch/regular join so I'm joining blindly). I could hear the last one saying "because, because, just because, do it, because" when someone on his team questioned the last insta kickvote, so you know it's total bullcrap.

However, I regard that as them putting in the effort to operate my bozo filter for me, so I'm not too concerned for myself. But it points out that any information you give out about people can be used in a bad way.