Deep Silver Gets Humble With a Bundle

Spitfire

New member
Dec 27, 2008
472
0
0
erttheking said:
Doom972 said:
erttheking said:
See Deep Silver, THIS is how you convince me to get on your side, this is how you convince me that the Ranger Mode DLC was THQ's idea.

Now if only I could actually play those games on my mac. God damn it.
Don't modern Macs come with a program that makes it very simple to create a Windows partition?
Yeah but you still need to buy the software, which is expensive. It doesn't help that my mac is running out of memory, and wasn't particularly powerful to start with.
Have you tried Wine [http://www.winehq.org/]?

I don't know how taxing it is on resources, but it's a free software, and it should get the job done.
 

Erttheking

Member
Legacy
Apr 23, 2020
10,846
1
3
Country
United States
Spitfire said:
erttheking said:
Doom972 said:
erttheking said:
See Deep Silver, THIS is how you convince me to get on your side, this is how you convince me that the Ranger Mode DLC was THQ's idea.

Now if only I could actually play those games on my mac. God damn it.
Don't modern Macs come with a program that makes it very simple to create a Windows partition?
Yeah but you still need to buy the software, which is expensive. It doesn't help that my mac is running out of memory, and wasn't particularly powerful to start with.
Have you tried Wine [http://www.winehq.org/]?

I don't know how taxing it is on resources, but it's a free software, and it should get the job done.
Hm. Thank you for sharing that with me. The next time my computer savy friend is over I'll try it out.
 

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Apr 10, 2020
4,742
0
41
Country
USA
Doom972 said:
I've wanted to play Sacred 2 for a while now,
Sacred 2 is one of the best games I've ever played. It's also probably the buggiest. Ascaron entertainment died trying to release it, and it's a literal travesty that they couldn't make it the best they could. I'm pretty sure that it's only as buggy as it is because they couldn't afford to develop it any longer. Despite that, they still had a bunch of free DLC that they launched within weeks of the game landing on shelves. Anyway, if you like Diablo-style hack-n-slashes and Elder Scrolls exploration and quest hunting, Sacred is for you.
 

Doom972

New member
Dec 25, 2008
2,312
0
0
Signa said:
Doom972 said:
I've wanted to play Sacred 2 for a while now,
Sacred 2 is one of the best games I've ever played. It's also probably the buggiest. Ascaron entertainment died trying to release it, and it's a literal travesty that they couldn't make it the best they could. I'm pretty sure that it's only as buggy as it is because they couldn't afford to develop it any longer. Despite that, they still had a bunch of free DLC that they launched within weeks of the game landing on shelves. Anyway, if you like Diablo-style hack-n-slashes and Elder Scrolls exploration and quest hunting, Sacred is for you.
I started playing and I can see what you're talking about. Any recommendations for unofficial patches or mods?
 

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Apr 10, 2020
4,742
0
41
Country
USA
Doom972 said:
Signa said:
Doom972 said:
I've wanted to play Sacred 2 for a while now,
Sacred 2 is one of the best games I've ever played. It's also probably the buggiest. Ascaron entertainment died trying to release it, and it's a literal travesty that they couldn't make it the best they could. I'm pretty sure that it's only as buggy as it is because they couldn't afford to develop it any longer. Despite that, they still had a bunch of free DLC that they launched within weeks of the game landing on shelves. Anyway, if you like Diablo-style hack-n-slashes and Elder Scrolls exploration and quest hunting, Sacred is for you.
I started playing and I can see what you're talking about. Any recommendations for unofficial patches or mods?
Unfortunately no, I stopped playing it before I got too far into it, because it was a bit laggy on my old PC, so I put it aside for when I got my PC upgraded. Well, it didn't like Windows 7 very much with my configuration, so I put it aside again, waiting for the Fire and Ice expansion to be released in the US, because it supposedly fixed some issues. That never happened.

The gold pack finally came out rather recently, and I haven't been able to try it out. I snatched it up at full price on Steam when I saw it, because I had been strongly contemplating importing the UK version plus the expansion, despite its very expensive costs.
 

KOMega

New member
Aug 30, 2010
641
0
0
hurr hurr hurr, Oar... I get it!

Anyways, it seems interesting.
Good chance for me to try out saints row now.