Defend a "Witch" in Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Defend a "Witch" in Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney

The demo for Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney hints at some changes in the Ace Attorney formula.

Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney finally has a release date: November 29th, 2012. It's only scheduled for release in Japan at the moment, but the other games in the series were eventually localized so there's always hope that this title will cross the water. Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney is effectively the penultimate title in Layton's career, as title character Professor Layton is due to retire next year [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/119345-Professor-Layton-Retires-Next-Year].

Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/113029-You-Wont-Object-To-These-Professor-Layton-Vs-Phoenix-Wright-Screens] is a crossover with the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney series, and takes place in a magical alternate world called Labyrinth City. In an initial playthrough of the demo, Siliconera - playing as Phoenix Wright - attempted to defend a woman accused of witchcraft, but couldn't close the case before the demo ended.

According to the Siliconera demo playthrough much of the gameplay will be familiar to Phoenix Wright fans. "I listened to their testimony," said Siliconera, "and could should "Hold it!" to press them for more information." While questioning the person on the stand you can see other witnesses' expressions change - an LA Noire-style departure from previous gameplay - which may clue you in to something you ought to be paying attention to. Alas, Professor Layton never got a look-in; not in the demo, at least.

No word yet on a release date for Layton's final adventure as main protagonist, Professor Layton and the Legacy of Super Civilization A.

Source: Siliconera [http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/11/hold-it-professor-layton-vs-ace-attorney-is-coming-in-november/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+siliconera%2FMkOc+%28Siliconera%29]

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
TizzytheTormentor said:
I really hope this comes out here, with the news of Ace Attorney 5 coming out and scheduled for an overseas release, I hope this and AAI2 get released.
it may be the first non Pokemon DS game I buy

Noswad

Mar 21, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
The professor didn't even get a look in? I bet that made playing the demo a real cross examination.
Yeah, i'll have wait for more details before i deliver my verdict

Psymon138

Aug 7, 2009
Karloff said:
According to the Siliconera demo playthrough much of the gameplay will be familiar to Phoenix Wright fans. "I listened to their testimony," said Siliconera, "and could should "Hold it!" to press them for more information." While questioning the person on the stand you can see other witnesses' expressions change - an LA Noire-style departure from previous gameplay - which may clue you in to something you ought to be paying attention to.
Couldn't you do that in Apollo Justice? Though I suppose that may not count as a Phoenix Wright game in the strictest sense...

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
What aboot Ace Attourney Vs. Hatsworth?
Or Professor Layton Vs. the Elite Beat Agents?
Or Ghost Trick Vs. Scribblenauts?
Or heck, why don't we just have a crossover fighter featuring all of those quirky DS games?

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
There really aren't many games I buy on handhelds anymore.

But I do plan on buying a 3DS JUST for the Layton games. It's the only game series I actually genuinely love.

It's weird you know. It's essentially a puzzler with 0 replay value but I still love it to death.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Well it's going to be a complete age until this game sees the light of day in the EU, so there's that.

A new Ace Attorney game is a new Ace Attorney game though so i'll probably have to buy a 3DS just for it. Still I never really liked the Layton games...

Too much random shit that ultimately has nothing to do with the plot but you still have to dick around with for no reason. Fuck candles.

I do not have the correct sense of logic to play those games anyway.

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
I hope they do localise this. So much fun it will be..... also:

Layton == Mr Hat