DELETED

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Well, I can't imagine this going wrong...

Let's start with some standards - New Deus Ex, Witcher 3, Borderland 2, Far Cry 3, some sort of COD or Battlefield I won't care about, etc.

Anyway, This War of Mine. Being the literal opposite of most games, you are the innocent bystander. You make awful decisions against similarly defensely individuals. Astounding.

Valiant Heart was a great story on the terrors of war. Even when you are in the army, you feel as defenseless as those from This War of Mine,

Reigns. Kingdom of Tinder

Hand of Fate. Like MTG and a basic Arkham combat game combined

Renowned Explorers. A board game where you can win by being helping, terrorising or insulting. So many variable, so much time spent.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
You can keep your Skyrim. I'll stick with M&B Warband.

Also Just Cause 3. Nothing else from this decade I could really call 'outstanding'

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
Saelune said:
I mean, the answer is Skyrim.
Wow... Probably. There were games that affected me more, but none that captured quite as much of my time as Skyrim. That first season of The Walking Dead is up there. The Last of Us and Bioshock: Infinite are contenders as well. There was a decent amount of "good" games this decade... maybe not so many "great" ones as prior decades though.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Well I mean, is this just a 'list your favourite games since 2010'?

I which case, The Last of Us, The Witcher 3, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and God of War, I guess. A little typical as lists go, but there ya have it.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Casual Shinji said:

I which case, The Last of Us, The Witcher 3, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and God of War, I guess. A little typical as lists go, but there ya have it.
I could see Witcher 3 or Breath of the Wild beating out Skyrim. I don't agree with it, but those are two I could reasonably see do it.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Off the top of my head:

3) Diablo III
2) Xenoblade Chronicles
1) StarCraft II

I can name other contenders, but those three have all got a spot in my "top 20" list, so if nothing else, the 2010s have given me that at least.

Also note that I'm taking "last decade" as "since 2010." If you literally mean ten years, then I can start adding stuff like Killzone 2, Dead Space, and Gears of War 2.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Saelune said:
Casual Shinji said:

I could see Witcher 3 or Breath of the Wild beating out Skyrim. I don't agree with it, but those are two I could reasonably see do it.
Well, Fall-Out 3, New Vegas, and Fall-Out 4 could also, as Bethesda's games just kinda end up doing the same thing with each new entry. I don't know, I like Skyrim well enough, but it just becomes a dungeon crawling, loot gathering/selling, and XP grinding affair the moment you get to Whiterun. I don't feel the characters or stories do much at all to make the world really come alive.

Lufia Erim

Mar 13, 2015
Grand Theft Auto 5 Single player.

It is the culmination of everything we have learned Through gaming and game developpment since it's inception.

It is Objectively the Mona Lisa of gaming.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Kerbal Space Program. Every time I work on a project about space (not infrequently), I want to play KSP instead.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
Issue is there are so many different genres and they're all trying to do different things. Many people do not like or play certain types of games.

My personal pick is The Witcher III, but I'm also a massive fan of Stellaris, Total War: Warhammer, Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag, Far Cry 3, Dark Souls (series), or Telltale's first The Walking Dead.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
the December King said:
Minecraft.

I'll go with Minecraft. As a phenomenon, it has been huge.
That's a really good point, while I wouldn't say it's still "going strong" the community is still alive and the franchise has spread to other media in ways that should not be possible.

Telltale games, netflix series, a movie... not to mention all the merchandising.

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
Abomination said:
the December King said:
Minecraft.

I'll go with Minecraft. As a phenomenon, it has been huge.
That's a really good point, while I wouldn't say it's still "going strong" the community is still alive and the franchise has spread to other media in ways that should not be possible.

Telltale games, netflix series, a movie... not to mention all the merchandising.
My only hesitation in mentioning it was as to whether it was considered a triple A franchise.

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
Dec 31, 2009
Sweden
Country
Sweden
The Last of Us or Telltales The Walking Dead Season 1, boring choices I know but they were really impactful for me personally.