DELETED

Apr 28, 2008
Of course right when I post my response in the group [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/The-Oblivion-Fanbase] you post it here.

Well I'll just copy/paste then.

"huh... interesting.
I've only played through Hackdirt once, so its all a bit rusty to me. I'll have to go through it again.
But for the most part it sounds very interesting."

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
Uggghhhh..... My brain hurts now....

I always just assumed that the Deep Ones were mole people.

Muramasa89

Jun 19, 2010
Dwemer? Those are a Dwarven race in Morrowind. Or were anyway. Bastards died out.
Been a while since I played TESIV. Need to format my laptop to play the PC version, for now I only can use the Xbox version.

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
Im going to be a dick and post this:
LORE [http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page]
Anyway. Can anyone shed some light on how Umbra got from Morrwoind to cyrodiil. Since the Nerevarine travveld to Akavir and most likely took his weapons with him.
My thoughts are he might have left Umbra in the possession of one of the Morrowind Blades who was then recalled to cyrodiil and "misplaced it" some how.

syndicated44

Apr 25, 2009
You know I never put too much thought into the people of Hackdirt. I kinda just assumed there was a bit of a fire there a long time ago and none of the cities came to help so they turned to the Daedra. But really I honestly never put too much thought into it. I didnt like the damn Argonian I had to save or her blasted mother and I didnt like the walk out there. The people jumped me in the middle of the night and if I had the chance I would have burned down the rest of the town.

Ibanez887

Apr 16, 2009
Muramasa89 said:
Dwemer? Those are a Dwarven race in Morrowind. Or were anyway. Bastards died out.
Been a while since I played TESIV. Need to format my laptop to play the PC version, for now I only can use the Xbox version.
They arent all dead, there's one still alive in the Corprusarium at Tel Fyr. Yagrum Bagarn is his name

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
The Austin said:
Uggghhhh..... My brain hurts now....

I always just assumed that the Deep Ones were mole people.
There are no Mole people in the TES lore, don't be silly.

We only have Slugs, Cats, Lizards, Dragons and such.
YOU DARE DOUBT THE MOLE PEOPLE!?
We shall feast on your eyes!

Of course....... How could I be so silly?

[small][small][small]You shall rue the day you doubted us![/small][/small][/small]

Muramasa89

Jun 19, 2010
Ibanez887 said:
Muramasa89 said:
They arent all dead, there's one still alive in the Corprusarium at Tel Fyr. Yagrum Bagarn is his name
Well one isn't going to be much difference. Also I haven't done all that much in Morrowind, bores the fuck out of me (to which I blame Oblivion for).

Edit: speaking of how Umbra got to Cyrodiil, what about that Argonian who loves forks, on the Shivering Isles? He's from Morrowind.

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
Ibanez887 said:
Muramasa89 said:
Yeah, he explains that the dwemer where banished to another plane of existence and the only reason he is still around is because he was already exploring another realm when they disappeared so when he retured through his portal he was all alone.

vivadelkitty

Dec 21, 2008
That, or it's just a straight up homage to H.P. Lovecraft's "The Shadow Over Innsmouth". The details of the quest and the name of the creatures seem to indicate that (people in Innsmouth also worship the Deep Ones). I haven't actually played through Oblivion, so I wouldn't know this, but is there any reference to Dagon or something similar in that quest? IIRC, the Deep Ones are a race of fish-people who served Dagon, one of the Great Old Ones in the Lovecraft mythos.

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
TheNamlessGuy said:
EightGaugeHippo said:
Can anyone shed some ligh on how Umbra got from Morrwoind to cyrodiil. Siince the Nerevarine travveld to Akavir and most likely took his weapons with him.
My thoughts are he left Umbra in the possession of one of the Morrowind Blades who was then recalled to cyrodiil and "misplaced it" some how.
The lore is most likely based on that the protagonist only doing the main quest(s)*, so he never actually got Umbra.
Nor did your Oblivion character. It all a lie!

*[sub]I mean for the main quest and the DLCs, seeing as, on the Lore page, it says that "The Champion of Cyrodiil" became the first mortal to become a daedra lord.[/sub]
Oh fair enough then. I usualy see the Nerevarine and Champion of Cyrodiil as having ALL of the artifacts in each game, not on my personal save though.

Ibanez887

Apr 16, 2009
Muramasa89 said:
Ibanez887 said:
Muramasa89 said:
Well one isn't going to be much difference. Also I haven't done all that much in Morrowind, bores the fuck out of me (to which I blame Oblivion for).

Edit: speaking of how Umbra got to Cyrodiil, what about that Argonian who loves forks, on the Shivering Isles? He's from Morrowind.
Get high leveled and go to Tel Fyr, it'll be worth it. 2 pieces of Daedric armor and the Saviour's Hide too. Just dont kill the guy wearing them

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
Muramasa89 said:
Ibanez887 said:
Muramasa89 said:

If you recall, Umbra inevitably consumes the souls of those who wield it, turning them into mindless bloodthirsty monsters who do nothing but kill to feed the blade. It can easily be assumed that Umbra caused it's holder to go to Cyrodiil for more souls.