DELETED

walkingdead127

Jun 24, 2009
In Texas it is punishable by death to steal a man's horse.
In Lee County Alabama it is illegal to sell peanuts after dark.
In Columbus Georgia you can't tie an alligator to a fire hydrant or carry a chicken upside down on Broadway.

megalomania

Apr 14, 2009
Apparently it is still legal to shoot a welsh man with a longbow from the walls of York castle!

Halceon

Jan 31, 2009
In some town which i'm not willing to remember it's illegal for bees to fly down Main street.

bickster

Jan 16, 2009
New
oliveira8 said:
Wasn't a law in the USA (don't remenber the state in question) that the penalty of jumping off a building is death?

Makes you wonder really...
New York City. It was a bi-law, the State law is the penalty for suicide is death, the by-law is the penalty for jumping off a building is death.

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
berethond said:
"Detonating a nuclear device within city limits will result in a $500 dollar fine."
Dammit!
I'm out $500 bucks!

...where else is this an issue?

black lincon

Aug 21, 2008
in Chicago it is illegal to eat in a burning building, and it is also illegal to tie your giraffe to a light post.

Cuniculus

May 29, 2009
In California it is illegal to drive more then 500 sheep down Hollywood Boulevard at any one time.

Cuniculus

May 29, 2009
black lincon said:
in Chicago it is illegal to eat in a burning building, and it is also illegal to tie your giraffe to a light post.
Well how the hell else am I supposed to get really hot Mexican food?

TheLastCylon

Apr 14, 2009
A town I used to live in in Northern Washington had some crazy ones, like "It's illegal for rabbits to copulate within 500 yards of an educational institution."

black lincon

Aug 21, 2008
Cuniculus said:
black lincon said:
you could eat it in an oven, or next to a volcano.

Fulax

Jul 14, 2008
UK:

It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament.

In Lancashire, no person is permitted after being asked to stop by a constable on the seashore to incite a dog to bark.

In the city of York, it is legal to murder a Scotsman within the ancient city walls, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow.

A man who feels compelled to urinate in public can do so only if he aims for his rear wheel and keeps his right hand on his vehicle

Any boy under the age of 10 may not see a naked mannequin.

Under Tax Avoidance Schemes Regulations 2006, it is illegal not to tell the taxman anything you don?t want him to know, though you don?t have to tell him anything you don?t mind him knowing.

It is illegal to set off a nuclear device.

It is illegal to sell a squirrel.

Cuniculus

May 29, 2009
black lincon said:
Cuniculus said:
black lincon said:
Too cramped/too exotic.

JanatUrlich

Apr 24, 2009
It is illegal to fall asleep in a cheese factory in Dakota

it is also illegal to ride a bike in a swimming pool in one US state

black lincon

Aug 21, 2008
Cuniculus said:
black lincon said:
Cuniculus said:
black lincon said:
Too cramped/too exotic.
well then you could light yourself on fire, there's no law against eating a meal while on fire.
JanatUrlich said:
It is illegal to fall asleep in a cheese factory in Dakota
you're aware there are two Dakotas.

ExodusinFlames

Apr 19, 2009
In the quiet town of Connorsville, Wisconsin, it's illegal for a man to shoot off a gun when his female partner has an orgasm.
That one made me laugh a bit. Cause really ... how many folks have wanted to do this, or have in fact done it. I mean, c'mon Connorsville, we're only human.

albear

May 18, 2009
In Chester, its legal to shoot a Welsh person with a bow and arrow inside city walls after midnight

TMAN10112

Jul 4, 2008
In New York, Bigfoot is considered an protected species.

Well dammit, if I see a bigfoot in my woods I'ma shoot 'em.