DELETED

Nigh Invulnerable

Jan 5, 2009
I think a lot of people need more exposure to different types of music. That said, you're all welcome:

I like to put that Death Cube K (Buckethead) on while playing Left 4 Dead 2 in solo mode. Creepier than hell.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
Because I'm bored and I just watched ton of Simpsons, I give you these:
*Simpsons music snip*
Man, I practically wore that CD out back in the day.

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
DeadFOAM said:
In this thread: people trying to show how "unique" and "cool" they are by posting their taste in strange music.
In that post: Someone who assumes everyone places value in looking unique and/or cool.

OT: The only music I have that I find kind of strange is really only because it's the soundtrack to Salad Fingers and half of the other batshit insane stuff David Firth makes, but the music is pleasant nonetheless.

And I think this was a collaboration between Tom Waits and Sparklehorse with predictably unusual results.

Edit: I just remember that this one is the Tom Waits/Sparklehorse collab, which is still pretty odd...

WaysideMaze

The Butcher On Your Back
Apr 25, 2010
I love this video. It's not weird so much as really cheap.

I fucking love this band.

Vampire cat

Apocalypse Meow
Apr 21, 2010
It may not be so strange but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v8I5egzoMo&feature=my_liked_videos&list=LLIPLWZycQbb3xYssVWlZOug

Shut up and get groovy

Lugbzurg

Mar 4, 2012
I have no idea where this is from... But it's the freakiest music I've ever heard.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7ClqRkzKC4

This song's also downright bizarre, as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoPplpBPQxQ

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Nigh Invulnerable said:
snip
snip
*Looks at username*

*Looks at Nigh Invulnerable's post*

Niiiiiiiiice!

I don't know, what is strange? My mind goes to bands like Sun Ra, Suicide, Throbbing Gristle, Devo, The Monks, Gong, Hawkwind, and the second record in the Freak Out! Double release. What I think is strange other people might think is just ho-hum.

Sun Ra- free jazz pioneer/champion/god
The first self proclaimed Punk band and electronica pioneers (Springsteen is a huge fan)
Throbbing Gristle- There would be no Trent Reznor without Throbbing Gristle
Devolution, and the music for Rugrats
1964 in Germany 5 ex-G.I.s from America invent Punk Rock music.
Daevid Allen makes free jazz rock and roll, everyone is too baked to notice...
I can't believe they actually managed to play concerts the amount of drugs they took, just look at Miss Stacia here...she is gone.
Just remember, Frank Zappa HATED drugs and drug use by musicians...

Snake Plissken

Jul 30, 2010
You guys want strange? Let me post a disclaimer first.

By following this link, you agree that you are NOT allowed to be mad at me for wasting the next week or two of your life. This shit will suck you in, and there is NO escaping. You've been warned.

http://weirdestbandintheworld.com/the-weird-list/

You are all so very welcome.

Best of the 3

Oct 9, 2010
ruedyn said:
Best of the 3 said:
1 more comment and you've made 12000. Preemptive congratulations.

OT: Gotta go with a classic

snip]
I'm building suspense...

God-dammit! XD

To be honest though, it's not all that impressive. I did 10,000 of those posts in under a year. Then I hit A levels and boom, no more posts.

And why not have another one from Voltaire's latest album:

Riding on a Black Unicorn down the side of an Erupting Volcano while drinking from a chalice filled with the laugher of small children.

[sub]Or Riding a black unicorn for short.[/sub]

DeadFOAM

Aug 7, 2010
rob_simple said:
DeadFOAM said:
In this thread: people trying to show how "unique" and "cool" they are by posting their taste in strange music.
In that post: Someone who assumes everyone places value in looking unique and/or cool.
You appear to have missed the part where I posted my own strange music directly after that statement. Did it ever, even for a moment, cross your mind I was not being serious? Did it make a whistling noise as it flew right by your head? Because I was joking.
But whatever, have a nice day.

Orphillius

Jul 24, 2012
This isn't really all that odd, but it's definitely hard to explain this to people who find it on my iPod
I can kind of explain to some people why I've got it (and I've got the whole collection) by telling them about the cartoons I make in my spare time. Doesn't help much, though.

On the other hand, I have no excuse for having this:

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
Best of the 3 said:
I'm building suspense...

God-dammit! XD

To be honest though, it's not all that impressive. I did 10,000 of those posts in under a year. Then I hit A levels and boom, no more posts.
Still, it's an even number, therefore we party! Get the booze!

And I'm going to add a Tim Minchin song

Gottesstrafe

Oct 23, 2010
Geeze, another weird music thread and no mention of The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins or The Hitler Rap?

And I also see a disappointing lack of German techno/dance music...

As well as...

bluerocker

Queen of Cockblocking and Misery
Sep 22, 2011
Infernai said:
Allow me to demonstrate the chaos of Drakengard, even it's soundtrack. This track in particular plays at the most familiar, most fucked up ending that we all know so...HAVE FUN:

Captcha: angel wings.

0o CAPTCHA KNOWS OF DRAKENGARD! IT KNOWS! I SWEARS IT! *runs off screaming like a little girl*
Ah, you beat me to the punch. Good show. DRAKENGARD REPRESENT!

Also, the OST for the fight with the Goddess.

piinyouri said:
...floating babies..
...jet fighters...

OH GOD THIS GAME.
I need to go play it now.
Do it, it will probably one of your more 'unique' playing experiences, especially for story and characters. I do so love this game..

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
bluerocker said:
piinyouri said:
...floating babies..
...jet fighters...

OH GOD THIS GAME.
Do it, it will probably one of your more 'unique' playing experiences, especially for story and characters. I do so love this game..
I should have said "need to go play it again".
I'm well aware how unique(batshit crazy) the story is.
Get's a bit grindy toward the end though. Can say I don't miss that. Still I'll probably pick it up from Gamestop next time I see it.

bluerocker

Queen of Cockblocking and Misery
Sep 22, 2011
piinyouri said:
bluerocker said:
piinyouri said:
...floating babies..
...jet fighters...

OH GOD THIS GAME.
Get's a bit grindy toward the end though. Can say I don't miss that. Still I'll probably pick it up from Gamestop next time I see it.
OOooooooooooooooooooooooooooh! Yeah, it does get a bit grindy. But that part I used for catharsis; especially after school. *nostalgia's out*

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
bluerocker said:
piinyouri said:
bluerocker said:
piinyouri said:
...floating babies..
...jet fighters...

OH GOD THIS GAME.
OOooooooooooooooooooooooooooh! Yeah, it does get a bit grindy. But that part I used for catharsis; especially after school. *nostalgia's out*
That feel when you put yourself through hell to level up every weapon to max and receive nothing for your efforts.

Anyway I don't want to get too off topic, so here's some more strangeness for the OP.

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
I'm just gonna leave this here...again...

Also, just for the record, I apologize if I offend anyone by calling this music strange.