DELETED

Callie

Aug 22, 2012
I really can't tell with the picture, but if it is about the idea of the ATX having only 23 pins, don't worry, that pin isn't needed so it is not there on all cables. It is a 5V supply line which was removed years ago

Callie

Aug 22, 2012
shapaza said:
Callie said:
I really can't tell with the picture, but if it is about the idea of the ATX having only 23 pins, don't worry, that pin isn't needed so it is not there on all cables. It is a 5V supply line which was removed years ago
Ah, I see. I looked at a couple of other threads on the same topic and they all said that the pin is supposed to be missing. Thanks.

I also read that the 24-pin power connector is supposed to be difficult to plug into the motherboard? Or at least, a lot of other people seem to have trouble with it? Do I just need to press down on it really really hard?
Just make sure all the connections are nice and secure. Can be a bit annoying, but itll only get bad if you force it down and bend the connectors out of shape

OneCatch

Jun 19, 2010
As above, the absence of a pin shouldn't cause it not to latch.

If it's working without the latch I wouldn't worry too much.

You can try pushing it reasonably firmly (think of how hard you push RAM or a graphics card in, then apply about 2/3 of that pressure), but obviously don't force it too hard. It will require a fair bit more force than the other connectors.

If you're worried you'll cause damage by pushing too hard, you can instead try 'see-sawing' it it by pressing harder on one end and then the other sequentially until it's all the way in. Takes a while (because you don't want to angle the connector too much in one go), but it puts less pressure on the connector and the motherboard.

And, because I've not explained that very well, I'm gonna treat you to some of my leet Photoshop skillz: