DELETED

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
I'd heard the final choice was a doozy, but at first I thought it was going to be the "what you did with the traitor" choice*. So this ended up being a real gut punch; of course it had to be a choice between the two best original characters in the game, hey Telltale.

I went with Rodrik; it hurt to do it, as I think I actually liked him more than Asher as a character. But, since Rodrik came back, he'd just been riding a wave of defeats ending on a betrayal. Having him hold the line to save Asher, who at this point represents probably the last hope for House Forrester (barring any intervention from Mira, or whatever the hell Gared's supposed to be doing) felt like a good act of redemption for his story to end on.

Plus, him trying to deal with the pit fighters with Asher gone could have only gone poorly.

*for the record, killed the bastard; he wanted me to show strength so that's what he got.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Picked Rodrick to die. It was painful, especially seeing Griff's satisfied smug face.

But it just made more sense for Rodrick to give his life here:
-Asher's eyes made me think of a young kid looking up to their sibling for protection and Rodrick is the sort who would give it all to protect his younger bros and sis
-My Rodrick was all about duty and honor and stuff, and this seemed a honorable and dutiful way to go out.
-Thematically it seemed fitting my peace seeking Rodrick dies here at the hands of the crazy fiends he tried to reason with, setting the scene for a warlike Asher to lead the foresters into bloody warfare. Him and the mighty army of 10 dudes he bought from Essos. But as long as the Whitehills don't have anything as dangerous as crossbows I'm sure we will be ok.

As for the traitor..It was fucking BS. Made no sense in the context of my game. Since this thread been marked with major spoilers I'll speak freely: it is retarded that traitor is one you didn't choose as sentinel.

I chose Royland as sentinel exactly because my Ethan and later Rodrick were peace loving dudes who were constantly seeking diplomatic solutions. It made sense to have Royland as the sentinel so as to balance things out.

Went all episodes doing the peaceful thing and avoiding provoking the whitehills or responding to them and letting them have their way as much as possible, only for Duncan to call my Rodrick a man of violence? BS. Just BS. I especially loved how when trying to give examples of how my Rodrick has been ruining the house since his return, all he could come up with was Arthur being flayed.
You're the one who suggested leaving the glenmores to defend our home you twat! Not that leaving or bringing the elite archers seems to change Arthur's fate one bit.

I'll leave the thread with this and sorry if it's a mini derail but the traitor choice made me more livid then the final one.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
I sacrificed Asher. I like Rodrik and his storyline more, and I think he makes more sense as the head of the house. I was sad to see Asher die though. I'll have to do a second playthrough just to see the difference. It's nice to finally get a real plot changing choice in a Telltale game.

As for the traitor (Royland in my case), I killed him. No point in listening to a traitor's lies.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
I picked Asher to die because I made him a straight up good guy while my Rodrik is kind of a bastard, but to be honest I hated this episode, the traitor was a cop-out and I don't even care about y choices anymore because I'm so unengaged with the story, if I'm honest this has to be the worst Telltale game yet, I mean Asher and Gared's storylines were the ones I was most interested in and well I killed Asher and Gared was just filler this episode, pretty boring if I'm honest and Mira, well she did jack shit this episode which eh.. I don't know, I don't even care anymore, also I would like to point out that Maester Ortengryn has been completely removed from the storyline without well anything as a hint to what happened to him which is odd considering how important he was in previous episodes.

Oh yeah, and Royland was the traitor in my file, killed him as soon as he started to talk about Asher because I don't even fucking care anymore, in these games it's really easy to tell if I care, because if I do I'll stick to my moral code and minimize killing as much as possible, but I don't care about anything in this game anymore.

Tales from the Borderlands is fantastic though, all 3 episodes so far have been fantastic, it's the complete opposite of how I thought it would be as I was expecting GoT to be fantastic and Tales to be kinda meh.

Eomega123

Jan 4, 2011
I left behind Asher, though it hurt. In my mind Asher's main job was to bring the Forresters an army, and that's what he did. He's a good warrior, but he wouldn't make a great lord (he doesn't think long-term and is pretty unwilling stay quiet for his own good). I also feel that house Forrester being lead by an exile and sellsword would hurt their ability to gather more allies, while Asher's death may in fact inspire the pit fighters to take some bloody vengeance on the Whitehills.

The traitor business was kind of half-assed though. Would have liked it better if the game weighed how much you leaned to each side and made the traitor whoever you'd acted against more, with your choice of sentinel giving you more leeway in the direction opposite them.

Also, when episode 6 comes I am killing every R'hllor damned Whitehill in Westeros. Ryon is already as good as dead - I'm not pulling a Catelyn Stark for his sake. When the choice comes I am putting an ironwood shield through Ludd's neck.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I left both behind. Asher on the first playthrough and Rodrik on the second one. Wasn't any easier the second time around.