Demigod Devs Hand Out Apology Coupons

LoopyDood

Dec 13, 2008
Wow.

That's like having your entire store stock of Wiis stolen on the eve of release, then apologizing to all the disappointed people who slept overnight outside your store to get one by giving them half off coupons.

Woe Is You

Jul 5, 2008
LoopyDood said:
That's like having your entire store stock of Wiis stolen on the eve of release, then apologizing to all the disappointed people who slept overnight outside your store to get one by giving them half off coupons.
This all happens after the people have gotten their Wiis, though.

FIzeE

Jun 19, 2008
sooperman said:
Ashbax said:
johnman said:
Ashbax said:
The Shade said:
nilcypher said:
Still, it's nice to see a developer that actually gives a damn about it's community.
*cough* VALVe *cough*

o_0
Yes. Valve know EXACTLY what the people want, they Know what makes a game good...and then they make it. Man, i love valve so much..
So where is any form of news on episode 3?
Shhh! anyway, it took them ten years to release TF2, and that was epic.
Which do you think will come first, Duke Nukem Forever or HL2: E3?

HL2:EP3 of course. The idiots at 3Drealms did nothin but sit on there asses for years.

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
FIzeE said:
sooperman said:
Ashbax said:
johnman said:
Ashbax said:
The Shade said:
nilcypher said:
Still, it's nice to see a developer that actually gives a damn about it's community.
*cough* VALVe *cough*

o_0
Yes. Valve know EXACTLY what the people want, they Know what makes a game good...and then they make it. Man, i love valve so much..

HL2:EP3 of course. The idiots at 3Drealms did nothin but sit on there asses for years.
When has Valve made us wait, and it was not worth it? Valve knows that its community wants high quality games held to the highest standard, and are willing to wait for it if need be. Maybe its taking a while going back and forth between polishing EP3, and consistently giving us extensive, regular, and free content updates in things like TF2, and then drastically cutting the cost of the game when they release it. I remember when TF2 was originally released, and it was great. With those 3 maps, 2 game types, and 1 weapon set each. Name another game where developers have put so much effort into improving there game for its players AFTER there done paying for it. Lack of news on EP3 isn't ignoring the fan base. Its being a perfectionist. And its that attitude that guarantees I will preorder anything Valve makes on sheer faith and goodwill.

bue519

Oct 3, 2007
The Shade said:
nilcypher said:
*cough* VALVe *cough*

o_0
Hey its not like their constantly releasing new content. Oh wait! I love Valve.

Rhayn

Free of All Weakness
Jul 8, 2008
That's it. I'm buying Demigod, first thing after I get my salary.

Stuff like this needs to be encouraged.

cambodiancam

Apr 16, 2009
razer17 said:
cambodiancam said:
Damn pirates! When will they learn there only ruining the gaming business. The music and movies I could deal with but games kinda takes it too far for me.
read as - i only care about the issue when it affects me. as such, you're opinion is invalid.
if music and movie pirating don't matter, nor does game piracy. either none of them matter, or all of them matter.

as for this news: well done stardock games. this should give you a big plus in the gaming community.
What I meant by this was the entertainment businesses have things like concerts and such that they make money on but game sales are all the gaming industry really gets. I'm sorry I was kind of blantant the way I worded it. But yeah what I mostly meant is pirating kills the only type of income gaming industries get you know?

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
The Shade said:
nilcypher said:
*cough* VALVe *cough*

o_0
Correction - Valve cares only about US community. Nobody else.

As for the GPG - good move, shows that they treat people fair... Makes me want to buy their game even more.

But God damn it, I would really like to have a demo.

Beetlejooce

Dec 26, 2008
cambodiancam said:
Damn pirates! When will they learn there only ruining the gaming business. The music and movies I could deal with but games kinda takes it too far for me.
I never figured out how to download a game properly. Something about mounting the image with something onto something.

No game industry ruining coming from my direction! I have to make to with purchases.

Glerken

Dec 18, 2008
I must say, that was a nice and financially smart move. The customers feel appreciated, and the coupons will be given to friends, which will grow their population and popularity/reputation. Smart people there.

Glerken

Dec 18, 2008
Abedeus said:
The Shade said:
nilcypher said:
*cough* VALVe *cough*

o_0
Correction - Valve cares only about US community. Nobody else.

As for the GPG - good move, shows that they treat people fair... Makes me want to buy their game even more.

Eh, they always have great weekend deals for everybody. Valve just seems to...care more about the U.S.
It makes me feel special.

(Pre sorry for if this is a double post)

Island Dog

Feb 18, 2008
Abedeus said:
The Shade said:
nilcypher said:

A demo is on its way. Releasing a demo got put back as the priority became getting the issues with Demigod corrected first. The last I heard it should be in a few weeks. :)

Island Dog

Feb 18, 2008
Let me also note that another coupon that will give a discount to anything in the Impulse Store will also go out next week. :)

Ashbax

Jan 7, 2009
Xanadu84 said:
FIzeE said:
sooperman said:
Ashbax said:
johnman said:
Ashbax said:
The Shade said:
nilcypher said:
*cough* VALVe *cough*

o_0

When has Valve made us wait, and it was not worth it? Valve knows that its community wants high quality games held to the highest standard, and are willing to wait for it if need be. Maybe its taking a while going back and forth between polishing EP3, and consistently giving us extensive, regular, and free content updates in things like TF2, and then drastically cutting the cost of the game when they release it. I remember when TF2 was originally released, and it was great. With those 3 maps, 2 game types, and 1 weapon set each. Name another game where developers have put so much effort into improving there game for its players AFTER there done paying for it. Lack of news on EP3 isn't ignoring the fan base. Its being a perfectionist. And its that attitude that guarantees I will preorder anything Valve makes on sheer faith and goodwill.
+1, besides, if they put out trailers and such long before EP3 it would then end up like Duke nukem forever. Also, the wait means this game is likeley going to be longer, awesomer, and well, more satisfiying becuase of the wait.

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
Ashbax said:
Xanadu84 said:
FIzeE said:
sooperman said:
Ashbax said:
johnman said:
Ashbax said:
The Shade said:
nilcypher said:
*cough* VALVe *cough*

o_0

[snip]
+1, besides, if they put out trailers and such long before EP3 it would then end up like Duke nukem forever. Also, the wait means this game is likeley going to be longer, awesomer, and well, more satisfiying becuase of the wait.
+1 to your +1. Valve takes forever to do anything, but it's worth it :)

Wait why are we talking about HL now? Demigod thread, guys.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
Funny how people are blaming pirates for this even though the overload stopped after 2 days and everything since then is simply bugs on behalf of GPG. As one of those pirates i apologize for the 2 hours of lag i caused on day 1 before i uninstalled it because the game was obviously unfinished even with working netcode.

Angron

Jul 15, 2008
man, im gonna pirate games then, might get a chance to get the game half price in the future...
i see where theyre coming from as it is mor elikely the pirates will actually buy it now, but its more like rewarding the pirates which is abit worrying...

then again we know going against them doesnt work, so working with them might be the way

DeadRow

Evil Ghandi :3
Jun 15, 2007
Ashbax said:
It better be, if we're going to wait however long its been now for EP3 just for it to be the same length as EP1/2 I am going to very disappointed. 2 years for a 3-4 game would to be cool :)

Capo Taco

Nov 25, 2006
Xanadu84 said:
Name another game where developers have put so much effort into improving there game for its players AFTER there done paying for it.
Starcraft. 10 years of support, balance patches, extra maps and other upgrades. Valve and Blizzard rock.

Bakery

Jul 15, 2008
This is only semi-related but right now I'm tossing up between getting Demigod or Dawn of War 2. Anyone got any helpful suggestions? A pm would be nice seeing as this thread doesn't really need any more unrelated mumbling.

Oh and well done GPG, I'm impressed by your quasi-generosity *clap clap*.