Demon's Souls world tendency

dragsaw

Oct 16, 2011
So i under stand that world tendency changes when i log in, any way around that? like loging oon a different guy and swapping over?

Sp3ratus

Apr 11, 2009
dragsaw said:
So i under stand that world tendency changes when i log in, any way around that? like loging oon a different guy and swapping over?
The only way I know of circumventing that is disconnecting your PS3 from the internet, so you'll be playing in offline mode. It's much easier to manipulate world tendency that way, since you're free from invasions and you won't be influenced by the server median world tendency. That's how I got my plat. Logging in on a different character has no effect for other characters, as both world and character tendency is bound to that specific character.

Colt47

Oct 31, 2012
I remember world tendency! As far as I know Sp3ratus has the best solution if you are trying to get certain items in that game. Also I wish I could remember how to get the world tendency to white. I know if you die repeatedly it's fairly easy getting it to go black.

Captcha: "Easy as cake." Really Captcha? Really? ><

Sp3ratus

Apr 11, 2009
Colt47 said:
I remember world tendency! As far as I know Sp3ratus has the best solution if you are trying to get certain items in that game. Also I wish I could remember how to get the world tendency to white. I know if you die repeatedly it's fairly easy getting it to go black.

Captcha: "Easy as cake." Really Captcha? Really? ><
Indeed, black tendency is dying a bunch of times in body form(1-7 times, depending on what your world tendency is at that given moment)

White is a bit trickier, because it requires you to kill bosses, without subsequently dying in body form, in that world. Each boss kill will get you to the next step on tendency and there are 3 steps from neutral to pure white. Killing invanding black phantoms does grant you +1 on the tendency ladder as well, but it's (obviously) more risky.

A good source of info, just in case: http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/world-tendency

EDIT: Reworded it a bit, since what I initially wrote was confusing.

dragsaw

Oct 16, 2011
Sp3ratus said:
The only way I know of circumventing that is disconnecting your PS3 from the internet, so you'll be playing in offline mode. It's much easier to manipulate world tendency that way, since you're free from invasions and you won't be influenced by the server median world tendency. That's how I got my plat. Logging in on a different character has no effect for other characters, as both world and character tendency is bound to that specific character.
damnt it,sadly i dont think il be able to do that (manily i live with a 14yeear old that plays cod...)

Sp3ratus

Apr 11, 2009
dragsaw said:
Sp3ratus said:
damnt it,sadly i dont think il be able to do that (manily i live with a 14yeear old that plays cod...)
Well, you don't have to disconnect it permanently or anything, just for the duration you're playing Demon's Souls. You can just erase the network information in settings and when you're done, reenter that information, to get the PS3 connected again. Either that or turn your internet off whenever you're playing.

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
Sp3ratus said:
dragsaw said:
Sp3ratus said:
Well, you don't have to disconnect it permanently or anything, just for the duration you're playing Demon's Souls. You can just erase the network information in settings and when you're done, reenter that information, to get the PS3 connected again. Either that or turn your internet off whenever you're playing.
You just have to sign out of PSN before booting the game then say NO when the game asks if you want to connect. It will then start in Offline mode. You don't have to touch the network settings or disable the net or anything.