Despite Reports, Portal 2 Will Not Support PlayStation Move

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
I am fine with this. I am always going to be old school where consoles are concerned.

Though this [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105592-Amazing-Videogame-Model-Maker-Builds-Portal-Gun-for-Childs-Play-Auction] might be a better choice for the controller.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
move would have made it so much easier to drop portals, it mite actually even out the fast twitch action the mouse can achieve.

Madmanonfire

Jul 24, 2009
Quite unfortunate. The move controller would've been better for the game than the standard controller. Way better.

Vonnis

Feb 18, 2011
Whoever translated that interview must've been trolling. If you read the original text on the german playstation blog, Faliszek explicitly states Move will not be supported.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
RoBi3.0 said:
DarkRyter said:
Pfft, Valve hates developing for the PS3 anyway. Why anyone would think they would bother with an unseemly and unnecessary peripheral is beyond me.
"Old" Valve hated developing for PS3. Something happened and now Valve is giving Ps3 owners free games and steamworks cross platform gaming. Besides the last link in the article seems to imply that Portal 3 will have move support so maybe Valve doesn't mind bothering with a seeming unnecessary peripheral, but didn't have the time to squeeze it into Portal 2
I think that "something" is probably Mac.

What does it say for a company that will develop games simultaneously for PC and Mac, but not Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3? It's simply improving public perception I'd say, let Doug Lombardi answer for it.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
Quaxar said:
As long as they are releasing Portal 2 I'm fine with it. Never really liked motion control anyway.
first thing that came to mind

roostuf said:
all i can say is thank fuck for that.
well, that and a bit of this as well haha

but while I can't say I haven't had ANY interest in motion gaming (i.e. Dance Central...after a few drinks), can't really say Portal is a game that I'd feel should even bother with motion controls. heck, I'll just take Time Crisis or something haha