Destiny 1.0.2 Patch Live, Fixes Engram Issues

Aug 1, 2010
Neat.

As one of the 3 people on the Escapist that think Destiny is great, this pleases me.

It'll be nice to see more high quality items being used.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Thyunda said:
My opinion on Destiny is hinged 100% on free additional story content. It's obviously only the very beginning of the story, but if we have to wait six months for the next instalment, and if I have to pay for that instalment...
Based on the story so far, isn't 'progression' going to amount to the middle being infinitely prolonged in the style of a syndicated network TV show?

The plot even starts in the middle of an ongoing story and just dumps you in, I'm not expecting any kind of serious development or resolution in future expansions or sequels.

Little Gray

Sep 18, 2012
x EvilErmine x said:
Then you are one of the lucky ones, I've been playing for just as long if not longer (Titan Level 23+) and in that time I've had precisely one legendary drop (which turned into a green helmet), so IMO the loot system is broken, far too many greens drop and not enough blue or purple drops. I'm going to give this patch a shot but really if things don't improve soon then it's to the trade in store for thee Destiny.
I have only had three legendary drops and only one didnt end up as a rare. With the Queens event going on right now you can get multiple legendaries every day for very little effort. Its also fairly easy to level up your faction rep which again is easy legendaries. Vanguard does not take a lot to hit rank 2 where you can but all your legendary armour. Most of my legendary engrams I got from the cryptarch. On multiple occasions I have gotten three legendary engrams for leveling it up and it levels fairly fast.

Do your daily bounties and you will have a chance at getting a exotic weapon one and save up your strange coins/motes of light and buy exotic gear from Zur when he shows as well.